Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 123 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no. Not saying it would/should happen. Just something big and iconic.

I could have gone with...

oz.jpg
Oh no.....not the Wizard of Oz rumor for the billionth time. :lol: ....Please stop...................or give us a 'real' rumor. :eek:O::lol:

Aren't that park icons (and just some of them are weenies)?
Technically, the weenies for the UOR parks are outside of the parks. USF's Universal Studios Arch and IOA's Lighthouse.

Oh no.....not the Wizard of Oz rumor for the billionth time. :lol: ....Please stop...................or give us a 'real' rumor. :eek:O::lol:
Well, Universal does have a highly anticipated Oz film coming out next year.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SukaVayne73
I guess the one I’m most interested in/curious about is FB. Mario/Monsters have castle structures and that windmill. Great Hall or those massive statues in HTTYD, but I can’t think of what to put in a FB with a huge portion being indoors. Although there, I agree with @tielo that the view walking in should make for some instagram moments.

Also for those that haven’t heard the term “weenie” here is some writing about their usage.

Reactions: youhow2
I never heard this weenie term before... ICONS
It's been a term since Walt's day. Icons can be weenies, but weenies are not always icons.

A weenie is anything large that draws your eye and draws you towards it. Hulk, Hogwarts, Splash Mountain, and Everest are all weenies. The Tree of Life is both a weenie and an icon.

It's been a term since Walt's day. Icons can be weenies, but weenies are not always icons.

A weenie is anything large that draws your eye and draws you towards it. Hulk, Hogwarts, Splash Mountain, and Everest are all weenies. The Tree of Life is both a weenie and an icon.
IOA is full of weenies tbh

EU will use them once you enter the portals

Reactions: Coolbfitz and Nico
I was just looking at EU’s concept art again and was thinking about park weenies. Obviously we’re not getting one in the hub like a traditional castle park and Hogsmeade and Diagon proved land specific ones helps with viral marketing.

So my question is: what does everyone think will be the weenie in each respective land?
Im sorry.... "Weenie"?
Park icon. Cinderella Castle, Spaceship Earth, Tree of Life, Mickey Water Tower (Disney-MGM Studios).
You could google it Weenie dictionary definition | weenie defined
But that is not what we mean.
It's the thing that is exciting that pulls you to the end of the street (like the castle at WDW).
Do NOT forget Globy in the lineup.

Reactions: Nico and Disneyhead
I was just looking at EU’s concept art again and was thinking about park weenies. Obviously we’re not getting one in the hub like a traditional castle park and Hogsmeade and Diagon proved land specific ones helps with viral marketing.

So my question is: what does everyone think will be the weenie in each respective land?

From what we've seen, each land seems to have multiple weenies, as they are all their own cohesive units.

Universal's playbook for these lands seems to be enticing you with small, yet thematically recognizable entrances (such as a Warp Pipe), then hitting you with a big reveal of the land's full scope plus multiple weenies.

Nintendo gets Bowser's Castle and the Platformer Mountain

Monsters gets a castle and a windmill

Dragons will presumably have its various show buildings with the bridges acting as leading lines to each major attraction.

And Fantastic Beasts will have a grand reveal of the size of the indoor space, with the weenies unknown to us as of now.

Reactions: Nico and Coolbfitz
Here's an updated (and probably final) POV of HTTYD:

First of all, awesome job! Second of all, I think this looks fantastic if accurate.

EDIT: It's probably just me, but does this look like a better COASTER than Hagrid to anyone else? No special elements and longer, lengthier, more thrilling coaster segments.

Last edited:
Reactions: gabe3235
First of all, awesome job! Second of all, I think this looks fantastic if accurate.

EDIT: It's probably just me, but does this look like a better COASTER than Hagrid to anyone else? No special elements and longer, lengthier, more thrilling coaster segments.
That disqualifies it from being better than Hagrid.

I know you put in the qualifier of “COASTER” but even then I like having stuff to look at like what Hagrid has. If the show scenes are top notch with great AA Dragons then yeah this could be better. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.