Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only major thing from the site plan which I'm missing is the boat ride and a few smaller buildings
screenshot-2020-01-25-22-14-40.png
This may be my favorite land tbh

Well ok, maybe Monsters

or Nintendo

Well, we already have Transformers and Spidey (Spidey done up a bit more), F&F and Kong, so it wouldn’t be unlike them to use a similiar ride system for another ride. I mean Minions and Fallon are essentially the same thing, same with Simpsons. I understand their ride systems may not be exact but they’re giving you the same experience, just in a different way. I’m not too worried except for the Moneters ride because I feel the moving Kuka arm is so known for FJ now. That being said, I expect Monsters to be much more intense and have that he what sets them apart from each other.

The HTTYD coaster is suppose to be Universal's answer to Slinky Dog Dash.
Makes sense to me, and glad it’s not the answer to 7D Mine Train! I’ve always thought a family coaster along the thrills of slinky dog (but hopefully, and likely much better themed), for HTTYD and/or Trolls would be perfect. All for the family coasters. Also makes sense if it’s more a comparison to slinky because time wise it doesn’t seem nearly as long as Hagrid’s.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
All I wanted from HTTYd was a ton of AA dragons. Hopefully those are there in the land somewhere since we’re not getting a dark ride.

Reactions: belloq87
All I wanted from HTTYd was a ton of AA dragons. Hopefully those are there in the land somewhere since we’re not getting a dark ride.
I really feel like the only way for Universal to set the potential flight simulator apart from others is have the ride vehicles be AAs. Or at least as close to AAs as possible. Would feel so much more real and surreal to be honest

Well, we already have Transformers and Spidey (Spidey done up a bit more), F&F and Kong, so it wouldn’t be unlike them to use a similiar ride system for another ride. I mean Minions and Fallon are essentially the same thing, same with Simpsons. I understand their ride systems may not be exact but they’re giving you the same experience, just in a different way. I’m not too worried except for the Moneters ride because I feel the moving Kuka arm is so known for FJ now. That being said, I expect Monsters to be much more intense and have that he what sets them apart from each other.

Regardless, this is why SNW is far and away my most anticipated land in this park. Also why I’m glad we’re NOT getting a separate JW section. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuru
That disqualifies it from being better than Hagrid.

I know you put in the qualifier of “COASTER” but even then I like having stuff to look at like what Hagrid has. If the show scenes are top notch with great AA Dragons then yeah this could be better. Maybe.

As a coaster, this look's like an airtime machine for families. As a coaster, and not as a themed experience, this might be a really fun option and alternative for familys, who may not be able to ride the dueling coaster if that's going to be more of an intense attraction.

As a coaster, this look's like an airtime machine for families. As a coaster, and not as a themed experience, this might be a really fun option and alternative for familys, who may not be able to ride the dueling coaster if that's going to be more of an intense attraction.
In a theme park everything should be judged as a themed experience. That’s why they’re theme parks and not amusements parks.

Reactions: belloq87
In a theme park everything should be judged as a themed experience. That’s why they’re theme parks and not amusements parks.

I mean, I also meant as the coaster, and excluded the theming.

I have to assume it would be, at the very least; on a level of theming that makes sense for the sake of what the coaster tries to accomplish. It's not like Hagrid's to where it's close to the ground, this thing should be having a bit more height than Hagrid. And that, there should be themed elements, in the three showbuildings (excluding the queue/station) for the attraction.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I hope the new park will eventually have a family hanging coaster. For flying on a dragon kinds of experience that would have been the better fit if they were going for that.

Reactions: soilsigh
That disqualifies it from being better than Hagrid.

I know you put in the qualifier of “COASTER” but even then I like having stuff to look at like what Hagrid has. If the show scenes are top notch with great AA Dragons then yeah this could be better. Maybe.
Pretty sure by “no special elements” he means drop platform/spike, not theming

I mean, I also meant as the coaster, and excluded the theming.

I have to assume it would be, at the very least; on a level of theming that makes sense for the sake of what the coaster tries to accomplish. It's not like Hagrid's to where it's close to the ground, this thing should be having a bit more height than Hagrid. And that, there should be themed elements, in the three showbuildings (excluding the queue/station) for the attraction.

Im starting to get the impression that the JP coaster is going to be a good test for this concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.