Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 125 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, just wanna say I'm glad we're getting Berk, not New Berk. Idk why I ever doubted that we wouldn't but I am very excited for that honestly. A fully fleshed out Berk sounds soooo awesome to me. Potential for some amazing scenery work done by Universal

Reactions: Alicia
That's why my visits to the park, will be HTTYD in the daytime til sunset, and then over to UCM at night, but yeah UCM is my favorite land.

My excitement for UCM is tempered by the rumored headliner ride technology. If it were a Disney-style boat ride I would be psyched.

A Mack spinner like Time Traveler (indoors) would be awesome too.

Last edited:
My excitement is tempered by the rumored headliner ride technology. If it were a Disney-style boat ride I would be psyched.
I am more excited to be in UCM Universe at night not for the ride, but for the ambiance and lighting, and creepy feeling being near Frankenstein's Castle, and the village, and hopefully some random character actors going after poor Franky. But, maybe thats my pipe dream of UCM, but it would very well be the hidden gem of the park if done right.

Imagine at night some purple/blue lighting and projection mapping and some creepy fog rolls thru, and you look up from the lower level of the village and there is this creepy castle,, (wish was Dracula's Castle), but I get why they chose just one monster type immersion for UCM Universe. But with nights and weekends off now for awhile, when this opens, You will find me in UCM land (Universe) maybe having some Blood Orange IPA Pint or two. I am more hyped for UCM because I love all the old UCM movies.

I really can't wait for the HTTYD area either since binge watching all the movies. Also, for my speculations, I think I get what may be going on with the Universal Celestial icon. it finds Celestial bodies, so like USF you are in the movies *Ride The Movie*, then IOA is based on books, comic books, UEU you just dont go ride the movie, or feel you are in the book, at UEU you are part of the Universe. Kinda like how @Alicia has said earlier about HTTYD speculation with how you go do your training with the attractions. But that, is also how I would do it. It's suppose to be the ground breaking new way to do a theme park.
I know I live in Orlando, and go to the parks and see how the guest are, some don't know why the rides are like they are. But, thats why when it comes time to do the all out Marketing fill that gap in with just advertising and pitching one land at a time after the whole park announcement. But that's just me.

I am more excited to be in UCM Universe at night not for the ride, but for the ambiance and lighting, and creepy feeling being near Frankenstein's Castle, and the village, and hopefully some random character actors going after poor Franky. But, maybe thats my pipe dream of UCM, but it would very well be the hidden gem of the park if done right.

Imagine at night some purple/blue lighting and projection mapping and some creepy fog rolls thru, and you look up from the lower level of the village and there is this creepy castle,, (wish was Dracula's Castle), but I get why they chose just one monster type immersion for UCM Universe. But with nights and weekends off now for awhile, when this opens, You will find me in UCM land (Universe) maybe having some Blood Orange IPA Pint or two. I am more hyped for UCM because I love all the old UCM movies.

I really can't wait for the HTTYD area either since binge watching all the movies. Also, for my speculations, I think I get what may be going on with the Universal Celestial icon. it finds Celestial bodies, so like USF you are in the movies *Ride The Movie*, then IOA is based on books, comic books, UEU you just dont go ride the movie, or feel you are in the book, at UEU you are part of the Universe. Kinda like how @Alicia has said earlier about HTTYD speculation with how you go do your training with the attractions. But that, is also how I would do it. It's suppose to be the ground breaking new way to do a theme park.
I know I live in Orlando, and go to the parks and see how the guest are, some don't know why the rides are like they are. But, thats why when it comes time to do the all out Marketing fill that gap in with just advertising and pitching one land at a time after the whole park announcement. But that's just me.

I agree that the ambiance of the area should be spectacular, as has been the case with many Universal projects over the last decade. But you gotta follow that through with variety in ride systems. Gringotts, Kong, and Fallon all have wonderful queues, but if the ride systems are too samey it's a bit like a burger made entirely of condiments (sorry I couldn't think of a better metaphor lol).

Nintendo looks like it will have an amazing amount of variety.

Last edited:
Also, for my wish list is that somewhere in UCM a shop to sell these Department 56 UCM collectibles. Because my wish is I need some more of these for my Monster & Horror bar area at my house. I only have a few, so UEU sell these, or if Department 56 would be too much for guests, hope & wish they find someone to do these and sell them, Please.

Attachments

• dsc08449.jpg
    dsc08449.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 8
  • images (5).jpg
    images (5).jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 9
  • images (6).jpg
    images (6).jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 8
I believe you move around the boats on the splash battle ride. If the boat rocks while people are moving....
@My95cobras is right, typically there are rows of seats and each rider has a single water cannon, they are not intended to move around (though technically they can, if other riders are not in those seats) I believe typically the ride is tame enough to not require any harness. But with the previously mentioned boat ride concept (which moves around a lot), I'd imagine a locking seatbelt system would work.

Here's an example from Legoland:
img1400x800_splash-battle.jpg

I gotta wonder if the use of drones is going to be used here to simulate more Dragons flying around Berk. Obviously they can't fly over guest areas, but I'm sure they could make it look like they're flying around you with some forced perspective type thing. Would be another awesome way to immerse you in their world.

Reactions: RFRees
@My95cobras is right, typically there are rows of seats and each rider has a single water cannon, they are not intended to move around (though technically they can, if other riders are not in those seats) I believe typically the ride is tame enough to not require any harness. But with the previously mentioned boat ride concept (which moves around a lot), I'd imagine a locking seatbelt system would work.

Here's an example from Legoland:
img1400x800_splash-battle.jpg

There is one in Spain at Port Aventura that absolutely has you running around on the boat. My wife and I went on it and were moving to different cannons on either side of the boat, depending on where targets and other riders were in relation to us.

I don't think the boat even had seats! You were standing to 'shoot'.

While I would doubt Universal go in that direction for safety reasons, they do exist.

I gotta wonder if the use of drones is going to be used here to simulate more Dragons flying around Berk. Obviously they can't fly over guest areas, but I'm sure they could make it look like they're flying around you with some forced perspective type thing. Would be another awesome way to immerse you in their world.
I know the 'drones overhead' thing sounds dangerous, but imagine they are inflatable with light plastic propellers. It would essentially be a balloon, which at worst would inconvenience the person it bumps into.

Check out airstage.biz for examples (I saw them first at IAAPA 2019). Note that Universal is listed as a client. Not sure what Universal project but could be the Hagrid opening or USH Dark Arts show... Or, more interesting, could be an upcoming project.

100_8849.JPG

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I know the 'drones overhead' thing sounds dangerous, but imagine they are inflatable with light plastic propellers. It would essentially be a balloon, which at worst would inconvenience the person it bumps into.

Check out airstage.biz for examples (I saw them first at IAAPA 2019). Note that Universal is listed as a client. Not sure what Universal project but could be the Hagrid opening or USH Dark Arts show... Or, more interesting, could be an upcoming project.

100_8849.JPG
Ah, this is cool! I still think they would not be legally allowed to flight them over people's heads, however. I do believe this could all still be pulled off however.

Ah, this is cool! I still think they would not be legally allowed to flight them over people's heads, however. I do believe this could all still be pulled off however.
You can’t fly them over populated areas, but that doesn’t mean they could fly around the land. Backstage could have nets along their path as well to maintain employee access.

Status
Not open for further replies.