Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 196 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts:

1) What JK said was very stupid and and I’m glad people spoke out against it.

2) Did someone actually say on an earlier post that HP is now an “unpopular IP???” If you think HP is going anywhere, or if you think that Universal won’t continue to add HP attractions to their parks whenever they can without creating overexposure to the franchise, you are certified crazy.

I was going to take a golf trip to Scotland this spring and have rescheduled it. It’s my understanding that summer bookings for next year for international golf trips are red hot. So, I think you will start to see international airline travel recover in a big way starting around next May.

Reactions: Mad Dog
My thoughts:

2) Did someone actually say on an earlier post that HP is now an “unpopular IP???” If you think HP is going anywhere, or if you think that Universal won’t continue to add HP attractions to their parks whenever they can without creating overexposure to the franchise, you are certified crazy.
"Unpopular IP" is Fantastic Beasts, not Harry Potter.

JK has advocated that position. If you want to talk around her position, fine, but let’s not ignore what it is.
I never defended her position. I merely stated that no matter what she does the idea that Harry Potter itself will be cancelled because of her is not at all going to happen. Nor would Universal cancel this land solely because of her.

People are capable of separating the art from the artist if need be.

My thoughts:

I don't think Harry Potter is going to just disappear in 2021, but sales of JK's books, including the HP series, stagnated heavily in the month following her comments. This did not appear to track in any meaningful way with the direction of the market for kids books, which exploded at the same time, 'nor does it appear to track with any historical trajectory of JK's books prior to the Twitter controversy. It looks as though her comments really did have an adverse effect, if not on the popularity of the IP itself, then at least on sales.

Save the other 2 Nintendo properties (Pokemon/Zelda) for the eventual EU, that takes up 2 big spots and the properties are likely already being developed to some degree, or, are in house properties.

Puh-lenty of time to figure out the rest. Try to have the goal as a company to open a new park with Pokemon and Zelda in the late 2020s/early 2030s. See what happens

I like how 2020 is the revenge of the Universal 4th Park Blue Sky and Future of Kidzone threads.

"You forgot about me, didn't you?" They say in unison, before cruelly pointing and laughing.

2020 has been like living through a Cyriak video composed of things you vaguely remember from your history textbook and the Book of Revelations.

I think this delay - however long it is - will actually be worth it. We’ll get to fully flesh out the current parks hopefully and avoid making the tragic mistake of basing a land on Fantastic Beasts.

Literally no one has ever given a crap about the franchise and the movies are sub-par/bad. It’s amazing that they thought it was a good idea to base a land on that franchise.

I mean, I kind of gave a crap after the first one! THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD rather quickly took care of that, however!

But if the rides were going to be fun, it wouldn't have mattered much to me. If EU is truly in jeopardy, hopefully they earmark the Ministry concept for USF down the road.

I think this delay - however long it is - will actually be worth it. We’ll get to fully flesh out the current parks hopefully and avoid making the tragic mistake of basing a land on Fantastic Beasts.

Literally no one has ever given a crap about the franchise and the movies are sub-par/bad. It’s amazing that they thought it was a good idea to base a land on that franchise.

Pretty much. After SNW opens in KZ, the only thing that the main parks actually need is a big show in IOA. Both parks have gotten several mega additions in recent memory, AKA a decade (IOA with two new coasters, one rebuilt coaster, and a new dark ride, and USF with two new mega lands, one smaller land (Simpsons), two new shows, and several one-off additions like Transformers and Fallon).

Reactions: Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.