Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 199 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If EU is delayed it just gives them more time to either acquire or develop some new IP, or acquire an existing IP like Star Trek or Tolkien. Economic uncertainty could mean new and unexpected acquisitions and changes in the media landscape. Six Flags, Cedar Fair, and/or SeaWorld may go out of business and suddenly the rights to Looney Tunes, DC, Peanuts, and Sesame all go into play. After the park in China opens and people see Kung Fu Panda there may be clamoring for it to become one of the lands in EU. Anything is possible.

Obviously I don’t not beleive you, my only thing is what is their plan to bring people back to the parks? Just add more Potter? They gotta diversity, I think if all they do is add the Ministry ride then I’d be disappointed. Can’t imagine the Ministry and SNW costs are so vastly different that SNW can’t be done.

More Potter before anything else post JW re-do is disappointing. Universal can’t become “The Potter resort” if they want to compete and expand further. They must prove they can do things to Potter level with other properties. Adding Potter after SNW? Sure I guess, but first, feels meh and a boring choice to me no matter how amazing the ride is.

Potter will always be lucrative. With all the crap surrounding FB (and now, JK) it gives them an easy out. They've already invested a lot of work and money into the idea, and with everything going on - the less spending of unnecessary money, the better. One attraction is a lot easier to bring to life than one land. In addition, one attraction amended onto Diagon would make UOR less of a "Potter resort" than adding a full-on FB land to EU.

As far as Nintendo, they want it to anchor EU. Again, things can change and if we're looking at a way later EU opening date (or outright cancel) than yea, SNW to USF is logical.

When I mean work is paused, I mean paused everywhere. AFAIK - JP Coaster and Beijing remain the priority (SNW in USJ is essentially done). Nintendo in USH is allegedly pushed off to 2022 so there's a lot less focus on that ATM until the other projects wrap up or things get better. But as it stands now, nothing is being moved so all the current talk is Blue Sky.

Last edited:
Potter will always be lucrative. With all the crap surrounding FB (and now, JK) it gives them an easy out. They've already invested a lot of work and money into the idea, and with everything going on - the less spending of unnecessary money, the better. One attraction is a lot easier to bring to life than one land. In addition, one attraction amended onto Diagon would make UOR less of a "Potter resort" than adding a full-on FB land to EU.

As far as Nintendo, they want it to anchor EU. Again, things can change and if we're looking at a way later EU opening date (or outright cancel) than yea, SNW to USF is logical.

When I mean work is paused, I mean paused everywhere. AFAIK - JP Coaster and Beijing remain the priority (SNW in USJ is essentially done). Nintendo in USH is allegedly pushed off to 2022 so there's a lot less focus on that ATM until the other projects wrap up or things get better. But as it stands now, nothing is being moved so all the current talk is Blue Sky.
Fair enough, and you make a good point, one I was making, about Potter at EU making it much more a Potter resort than a Ministry ride attatched to Diagon. Very accurate.

Mainly with this news an idea I’d never thought of, Monster replacing MIB, I thought it was a GOLD idea and I cant shake it. Having it there during HHN, maybe having a new house there every year so each year it gives the land a lil bump, suchhhh a wonderful idea. Although it’d also be great in a 3rd park so guests pay to visit both placesI’ll get over it in a week.

I’m so in favor of the Ministry (and hopefully the show attatched to the rumor for EU) to take over the MIB plot. Then open up that spot at EU for either more Nintendo or something else.

This is all a hypothetical in the case EU is pushed back to the late late 2020s/2030s. That land isn’t going anywhere

Fair enough, and you make a good point, one I was making, about Potter at EU making it much more a Potter resort than a Ministry ride attatched to Diagon. Very accurate.

Mainly with this news an idea I’d never thought of, Monster replacing MIB, I thought it was a GOLD idea and I cant shake it. Having it there during HHN, maybe having a new house there every year so each year it gives the land a lil bump, suchhhh a wonderful idea. Although it’d also be great in a 3rd park so guests pay to visit both placesI’ll get over it in a week.

I’m so in favor of the Ministry (and hopefully the show attatched to the rumor for EU) to take over the MIB plot. Then open up that spot at EU for either more Nintendo or something else.

This is all a hypothetical in the case EU is pushed back to the late late 2020s/2030s. That land isn’t going anywhere.
MOM would take over Fear Factor, not MIB if it were to go in USF. Fear Factor takes up a decent amount of land.

MOM would take over Fear Factor, not MIB if it were to go in USF. Fear Factor takes up a decent amount of land.
THEN GIMME MONSTERS TOO.

Although I’m not aware of expansion land to the east of Men In Black, is not sure it could fit including the expansion pad. Again hypotheticals

I still would like a classic movie universe. New rides of Back to the Future, E.T. and Jaws would be amazing. I would also add a disaster ride in there where you would go from a earthquake to a twister to an alien invasion set and star in the biggest disaster blockbuster of all times.

Coming back to this because I think you could frame a ”mash-up” land really easily. Hear me out: Ready Player One.

You’ve got Spielberg, who is (at least historically) deeply involved in Universal. You’ve got Warner Brothers, with whom you’ve got a strong relationship with Harry Potter’s licensing. You’ve got a plethora of movies, rides, and attractions to pull from just in house, and it can all fit into the meta-narrative of “You’re a player entering OASIS.” You can even update the movie references, or even have a Star Tours or like branching narrative ride because absolutely nothing matters, it’s not like this is a real franchise.

Is it creatively bankrupt? Sure. Will it move merchandise? Almost certainly.

Reactions: alias8703
Unless they just did it in Mummy's building and didn't do the "land"
(This post is more for everyone, not aimed at anyone in particular)

You guys do realize that Universal is extremely budget conscious right now, right? I love the ideas you're throwing around, but like, we're not even out of the pandemic yet and you guys are talking about breaking apart EU into little pieces and putting parts of it here, there and everywhere.

There's a gigantic possibility that literally nothing gets moved. Maybe SNW does, but keep the financial situation in mind when mentioning all of this stuff. There's a chance we go a few years without a major addition (after JP Coaster). I'm not here to be a downer, i'm just trying to keep it 100 that you shouldn't be expecting these drastic changes. Now's not the time for expansion.

You guys do realize that Universal is extremely budget conscious right now, right? I love the ideas you're throwing around, but like, we're not even out of the pandemic yet and you guys are talking about breaking apart EU into little pieces and putting parts of it here, there and everywhere.

There's a gigantic possibility that literally nothing gets moved. Maybe SNW does, but keep the financial situation in mind when mentioning all of this stuff. There's a chance we go a few years without a major addition (after JP Coaster). I'm not here to be a downer, i'm just trying to keep it 100 that you shouldn't be expecting these drastic changes. Now's not the time for expansion.
Seriously, we're only talking about redoing the entire back half of the park, Kidzone, Mummy, Lost Continent, and Toon Lagoon...How much could that possibly cost to a company that just had their worst financial quarter in their history?

I think you're overreacting

We’re so spoiled. Went from a time where we got something new every 3 to 4 years to something new at every park in Orlando every year. Not only do I not expect anything new for awhile, after what’s wrapping up construction now, but I’m really pleased with what we now have to enjoy. New lands, new rides, new hotels, and so much to do at all the parks, not just Universal. We’ve turned into new ride junkies over the last decade. But I fear we don’t appreciate how good we’ve had it.

We’re so spoiled. Went from a time where we got something new every 3 to 4 years to something new at every park in Orlando every year. Not only do I not expect anything new for awhile, after what’s wrapping up construction now, but I’m really pleased with what we now have to enjoy. New lands, new rides, new hotels, and so much to do at all the parks, not just Universal. We’ve turned into new ride junkies over the last decade. But I fear we don’t appreciate how good we’ve had it.
I think everyone here realizes not much is going to be built for a good while. Posters are just having a little fun and throwing out pure blue sky ideas, just to have something to talk about. Otherwise it would be all doom and gloom, and crickets on the forum. There's really very little positive to talk about unless it's imagination/speculation stuff. Like the song...."posters just gotta have fun". :) :lol:

There's more proof that Cars and Fantastic Beasts sucks than Avatar, to be fair. We're still waiting on several sequels. For all we know, they could be good. Of course, no matter what, the land already exists so that's a mute point. And you make a good point about Cars, as those moovies suck, but I think the difference is the sole reason for the land was that back in the day, Cars merch flew off the shelves (and for all I know, still does). Obviously they'd have wands to sell, but I just don't think that people have literally any connection to this franchise. Avatar changed the movie industry entirely after it came out because of the reception it had to the 3D visuals and held the Worldwide box office record for a decade.

I just don't think FB is really remembered for much as it currently stands. I'll admit a MoM ride would probably be cool, but i'd rather it be connected to London than a part of FB. This franchise has little to no longevity imo.

Avatar is one of the most successful movies of all time, and Cars has spawned sequels and is a huge merch driver. They are both “popular” franchises. Avatar would likely be even more so if they could ever get those sequels released.

fantastic beasts basically has the Potter fanbase to help what I think most of the public find rather boring movies. The casual Potter fans lose interest; and the non Potter fans don’t really bother.

I’d consider my self a “casual” Potter fan; I’ve seen the movies multiple times: and have read some of the books. If I never see a Fantastic Beast movie again it wouldn’t upset me.

Avatar is one of the most successful movies of all time, and Cars has spawned sequels and is a huge merch driver. They are both “popular” franchises. Avatar would likely be even more so if they could ever get those sequels released.

fantastic beasts basically has the Potter fanbase to help what I think most of the public find rather boring movies. The casual Potter fans lose interest; and the non Potter fans don’t really bother.

I’d consider my self a “casual” Potter fan; I’ve seen the movies multiple times: and have read some of the books. If I never see a Fantastic Beast movie again it wouldn’t upset me.
I still have never made it all the way through Crimes of Gindelwald and honestly don't care to ever finish.

I still have never made it all the way through Crimes of Gindelwald and honestly don't care to ever finish.
I've seen the OG 7 movies countless times and have read the books quite a few times as well. I've never touched a FB movie and don't know that I ever will. :lol:

I've seen the OG 7 movies countless times and have read the books quite a few times as well. I've never touched a FB movie and don't know that I ever will. :lol:

the first movie wasn’t terrible, the second movie was just meh. I struggled to follow the storyline.

the first movie wasn’t terrible, the second movie was just meh. I struggled to follow the storyline.
That seems to be the general consensus. There's just nothing about it that has grabbed my attention. It always came off like something that falls into the trap of forcing more content and screwing with a storyline that seemed wrapped up just fine. Most spin-offs do honestly. More often than not, you get a Scrubs season 9 rather than a Better Call Saul :lol:. Unless it miraculously becomes a "must-see", I feel content leaving the story where Deathly Hallows ended.

I think everyone here realizes not much is going to be built for a good while. Posters are just having a little fun and throwing out pure blue sky ideas, just to have something to talk about. Otherwise it would be all doom and gloom, and crickets on the forum. There's really very little positive to talk about unless it's imagination/speculation stuff. Like the song...."posters just gotta have fun". :) :lol:
I'd be with you if I was reading, "it'd be nice if/boy, wouldn't this be cool if/maybe they would..." But it's not that, it's all "They're gonna/ they're gonna/ they have to/they won't/they can't" in the grand tradition of fans thinking they know the business.

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog
This exactly. I think we all very much understand the situation at hand, but if we had nothing to speculate or discuss over then these forums simply wouldn't exist or they'd be boring as all hell lol. Or we can all talk about EU never being built and how sad that is.

So alas, Monsters at USF speculation away!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.