Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
EA5H_VvX4AEc7_3

I like how almost nobody is talking about this expanded concept art.

Just a feeling... seems ripe for a theme park screen based/simulator attraction. I am thinking this park will be a lot more practical rides, but this could be done without creating a whole land and once into the ride you could incorporate other IPs Universal has access to without giving them physical rides or lands.

Ready Player One was a Warner Brothers film though? And by the time the park opens the movie will be 5 years old, and wasn't all that successful to begin with? Like, it's just not gonna happen

Ooops I thought it was Universal, and I'm really not clamoring for it or anything, but I could still see it. I mean the TRON franchise was dead dead dead... but it's still getting an attraction in 2021, I know it's a clone and it's Disney owned, but I just don't think it's impossible. Though it being WB does admittedly reduce my hunch

Dueling is supposedly part of the hub, and the HTTYD is the one that goes through the water a bit and into the rocks. Alicia said its somewhat similar to Hagrid's in terms of thrill level and theming and AAs.

Ooops I thought it was Universal, and I'm really not clamoring for it or anything, but I could still see it. I mean the TRON franchise was dead dead dead... but it's still getting an attraction in 2021, I know it's a clone and it's Disney owned, but I just don't think it's impossible. Though it being WB does admittedly reduce my hunch

Tron has a fanbase. RP1, despite being a half-decent movie/book, doesn't have a fanbase at all.

Keep in mind, the hub attractions could always be rethemed to any IP they decide on for future expansions. Say they build a Star Trek land between FB and HTTYD, they could retheme the dueling coaster and planetarium looking building to fit with a major expansion in that area.

View attachment 10379 This seems to be an attraction at the entrance.
If by attraction you mean bag check/metal detectors.

Edit:
I'm sorry, I realize you mean after the gate, in the upper left hand section of your picture. Yea that's big enough for an attraction (like an indoor show) or large restaurant. :)

But I think the entrance is more around the corner rather than right at entrance.

My biggest takeaway is honestly that hub. It's absolutely stunning and very functional.

That hub far exceeds any expectation I would have had.

Thinking out loud here - With all the shops and restaurants out in the hub, could we see them NOT having as much as shopping/dining in the actual lands?

Status
Not open for further replies.