Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 514 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The current plan has the hall off to the right side of the land, but it’s tall and slender, and there is vast actual attraction space available,,
This lines up with what I've heard. A Great Hall addition will not interfere with the land's ability to add another ride/attraction later as well...

Also, the Epic Universe land was originally designed with a Great Hall dining experience in the plans as late as 2018, but it was cut before the park was announced... So, strangely, this "Paris" land has always been planned to be a hodgepodge of things they couldn't fit in Hogsmeade and Diagon.

This lines up with what I've heard. A Great Hall addition will not interfere with the land's ability to add another ride/attraction later as well...

Also, the Epic Universe land was originally designed with a Great Hall dining experience in the plans as late as 2018, but it was cut before the park was announced... So, strangely, this "Paris" land has always been planned to be a hodgepodge of things they couldn't fit in Hogsmeade and Diagon.
Wasn’t this park being touted as a new standard in immersive theme park design? But here we are a couple years before opening already talking about one of four lands being a hodgepodge?

Not doubting anyone’s info, FYI, just find that a little strange and disappointing.

Reactions: tankart150
Wasn’t this park being touted as a new standard in immersive theme park design? But here we are a couple years before opening already talking about one of four lands being a hodgepodge?

Not doubting anyone’s info, FYI, just find that a little strange and disappointing.
We will take the MetroFloo to travel to other locations in the Wizarding World. MetroFloo stations are like magical subway stations. And honestly, it’s MORE congruent to have more than one in the land than just one if you ask me.

We will take the MetroFloo to travel to other locations in the Wizarding World. MetroFloo stations are like magical subway stations. And honestly, it’s MORE congruent to have more than one in the land than just one if you ask me.
I guess that makes sense, but being far from a diehard Harry Potter fan even I think a Great Hall experience would be incredible…but not entering/exiting from Hogwarts would be bizarre.

Screamscape is saying that a Wizarding World expansion at Epic may involve the long rumored/ wished for Great Hall restaurant concept. Take that for what you will of course but thought it was interesting.
I said the same a month or two, or three ago on one of these threads.. :lol:....Now I'm speculating it'll be perfect for a Christmas upcharge event....a Yule Ball.

They COULD always make it a Great Hall but not necessarily at Hogwarts. I'd guess the French school Beauxbatons Academy would have a Great Hall for dining as well. It might be easier to create something that is not shown than the one from the movie, although people want the one from the movie...

I have high hopes that the individual components of this Wizarding World land will be top-notch... but it will be a bit of a thematic mess, and really make the Paris setting of the land proper truly inexplicable.
Unfortunately Universal built itself into a corner. Diagon Alley is in USF, Hogsmeade and Hogwarts are in IOA. That leaves only the British Ministry of Magic as the last major set piece from the Harry Potter series. Yeah you could recreate the Weasley Burrow or Privet Drive but those aren't big enough to center a "Land" around. And we don't have much information on Durmstrang or Beauxbatons to recreate them. And what would you do with them if you could.

So Universal either does this hodgepodge with the pieces that are left and explains it away with MAGIC. Or A) creates a second Hogwarts in Epic, B) or goes full Paris and Fantastic Beasts. All three have problems.

And things will get even weirder/more disjointed in Epic if what I heard about possible future additions was true. But I would wager to say that that rumor would be greeted enthusiastically despite it's incongruity.

Like in FJ, most of the general public doesn't really care about the Potter story inconsistencies in the lands locations. People realize this is make believe and they just want an area that is visually immersive, entertaining, and lots of FUN...bottom line.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
At least they didn’t go with the plans where the great hall restaurant would have been an expansion to diagon,
Oh ya this is far better. At least we aren’t legit right next to Hogwarts here even if it’s a bummer we aren’t going thru the castle.

They can also have a nice queue for the restaurant be parts of Hogwarts we’ve never experienced at IOA.

I love the idea of finally having a full service Potter restaurant. I don’t love the idea of sitting on a bench next to strangers. Let’s hope the drive for authenticity only goes so far.

It would be nice if Uni stuck a gentle dark ride past some Fantastic Beasts in Epic, just to have one ride that unproblematicaly fits the setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.