Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 515 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m gonna go with individual tables in four rows, or scattered tables with the head table and dias still in the front for pics.

Reactions: Casper Gutman
Can you imagine what they could do with a fully realized Great Hall in terms of effects. First the ceiling would have to be a giant LCD screen. Not sure how they would do the floating candles. Peppers ghost maybe? Would definitely have the windows be LCD screens as well showing the grounds of Hogwarts. You could look out either side of the Great Hall and see a 3D view of the grounds.

Edit: they could also change the house flags (there must be some projection tech that could switch the flags from house to house) to be which ever house tables have the most people seated at them. Sort of a competition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nico
Can you imagine what they could do with a fully realized Great Hall in terms of effects. First the ceiling would have to be a giant LCD screen. Not sure how they would do the floating candles. Peppers ghost maybe? Would definitely have the windows be LCD screens as well showing the grounds of Hogwarts. You could look out either side of the Great Hall and see a 3D view of the grounds.

Edit: they could also change the house flags (there must be some projection tech that could switch the flags from house to house) to be which ever house tables have the most people seated at them. Sort of a competition.

Yeah, they could give it the Space 220 restaurant treatment. There are a lot of options they could use. Instead of having an elevator taking you up to the restaurant, they could have a room you enter that has a giant fireplace and use the floo network to get you from Paris to Hogwarts. Maybe use the beauty and the beast meet n greet effect.

Yeah, they could give it the Space 220 restaurant treatment. There are a lot of options they could use. Instead of having an elevator taking you up to the restaurant, they could have a room you enter that has a giant fireplace and use the floo network to get you from Paris to Hogwarts. Maybe use the beauty and the beast meet n greet effect.
Great ideas. !!

I would expect every inch of the walls and ceiling to be projection mapped.

And about 4 long tables as opposed to individual table seating. Communal tables at The Biergarten in Epcot have worked for 42 years. Part of "The Experience".

My question is, how are they formatting it? As in, how will this play out as a dining experience? Is it continual seating like The Biergarten or set showtimes/seatings like a "Dinner Show"? I would think the former, but would love the latter.

Last edited:
While I’m sure this is an up charge likely, especially compared to the other 2, this does make it the 3rd dining location in this land alone.

While all this speculations is years away from actually becoming reality (if it even gets to that point), I am now wondering if they do a dinner show how would that work. I assume character actors. But what time frame would it be set in? During the HP series? After? What would the actors be performing?

Just have a hard time picturing this. This isn't like Medieval Times with horses and jousting and sword fighting in a central arena. If they do a show it most likely would be set where the teachers and headmaster sit at one end of the room. Making it hard for someone in seat 202-Slyth to see anything. And it they have actors running up and down the aisles casting spells that would be disruptive.

Reactions: AmitySix

And about 4 long tables as opposed to individual table seating. Communal tables at The Biergarten in Epcot have worked for 42 years. Part of "The Experience".

My question is, how are they formatting it? As in, how will this play out as a dining experience? Is it continual seating like The Biergarten or set showtimes/seatings like a "Dinner Show"? I would think the former, but would love the latter.
I actually ate at Biergarten last week and it seemed like communal tables are gone.

I was coming here to say it has worked at the Biergarten and that restaurant is always packed with people. It also works with dinner shows like Medieval times where you sit in long rows. I really don't see this an issue for people who want the experience.

I actually ate at Biergarten last week and it seemed like communal tables are gone.
Might depend on your party size and how busy they are. Us a party of two were sat with a party of four a couple years ago at a six-top.

EDIT: Heck, Leaky Cauldron in Diagon has communal long tables NOW so it’s not like we don’t know they’d do it lol

Might depend on your party size and how busy they are. Us a party of two were sat with a party of four a couple years ago at a six-top.

EDIT: Heck, Leaky Cauldron in Diagon has communal long tables NOW so it’s not like we don’t know they’d do it lol
I noticed that many of the six tops were now 4 and 2. We were very close to the other table but they were separated. Could be how busy they were like you said though.

Status
Not open for further replies.