Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
ANy chance the floo ride isn’t used in epic universe and the brittish Ministry replaces fear factor as once rumored?

Yeah, not happening. The opportunity to open a Wizarding World land in FW would be too strong for anyone to resist and the Ministry of Magic is just the next logical step.

Using that step in an area right next to a currently existing Wizarding World seems wasteful when it could be used be used as a major selling point to draw people to the new third gate.

It makes a lot of sense too for FB, especially if we go to a bunch of different Ministries all over the world. I think it has tons of potential. Hope we get the Ministries in full sets and everything.

Quick reminder on the Frankenstein versus Dracula stuff: Universal cannot use Bela Lugosi's likeness without paying his estate. It's why Dracula is often omitted or modified from official Monsters-branded merchandise, and why imagery that does contain his likeness has a special "Lugosi Industries" label in the fine print.

I'm not saying that influenced the decision (I don't know), but I imagine it came up. The Frankenstein Monster is a more flexible character, visually.

Quick reminder on the Frankenstein versus Dracula stuff: Universal cannot use Bela Lugosi's likeness without paying his estate. It's why Dracula is often omitted or modified from official Monsters-branded merchandise, and why imagery that does contain his likeness has a special "Lugosi Industries" label in the fine print.

I'm not saying that influenced the decision (I don't know), but I imagine it came up. The Frankenstein Monster is a more flexible character, visually.
This is new information. Honestly, I bet it does explain a lot here. I think Frankenstein is also more marketable to families anyways.

I’m not a fan of the long teethed weirdo Dracula imagery they use at the HHN merch and houses either, but this makes sense.

Curious, from what any insider knows, what are we expecting to be the most thrilling ride in the park? Minus the dueling coaster obviously.

Curious, from what any insider knows, what are we expecting to be the most thrilling ride in the park? Minus the dueling coaster obviously.
What’s the most thrilling ride at USF minus Rockit? The Mummy? After that they’re all fairly medium to light thrill, no?

Epic Universe may be like that. 1 big thrill ride, a couple medium thrill rides, and the rest family to kiddie.

I think Transformers is a thrilling experience personally, but certainly wouldn’t classify it as a “thrill ride.” I bet Monsters will be thrilling, but probably not classified as a thrill ride.

What’s the most thrilling ride at USF minus Rockit? The Mummy? After that they’re all fairly medium to light thrill, no?

Epic Universe may be like that. 1 big thrill ride, a couple medium thrill rides, and the rest family to kiddie.

I think Transformers is a thrilling experience personally, but certainly wouldn’t classify it as a “thrill ride.” I bet Monsters will be thrilling, but probably not classified as a thrill ride.
Not a ride, but the Barney Show is pretty damn thrilling. :bolt:......if you're 2 or 3 years old. :lol:

Perfect way to describe it! I like what I’m hearing.

I agree Transformers is a thrilling and exciting experience but, not the same as going straight up 90 degrees like rocket. I totally get it. Like, Yoshi (if the animatronics are great) sounds thrilling to me lol

I’m not a fan of the long teethed weirdo Dracula imagery they use at the HHN merch and houses either, but this makes sense.

Yeah, I was really hoping that generic HHN-style Dracula wasn't going to end up being the land's Dracula and that we'd actually get something resembling -- and sounding like -- Bela Lugosi.

Perfect way to describe it! I like what I’m hearing.

I agree Transformers is a thrilling and exciting experience but, not the same as going straight up 90 degrees like rocket. I totally get it. Like, Yoshi (if the animatronics are great) sounds thrilling to me lol

Oooo i really enjoy Transformers! Personally, as a USH native, i think that it's underrated just cause IOA did it first.

It's still a great ride untainted by the franchise's history and if they updated the ride with Bumblebee's Gen 1 Cybertrons instead of the Michael Bay designs, i would squee till the end of time!

Status
Not open for further replies.