Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 506 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! ! :)

Yesterday, my boyfriend showed me an Instagram story about an apartment with a view of the Sacré Coeur, and something struck me,
I think the view of the cathedral in this post might be close to the perspective Universal is trying to replicate.

View attachment 19698

I live nearby and having a view of the cathedral I was wondering where these buildings (number "1" in the photo above) came from.
I often go running up there and I've already tried to find the view angle the bigature is trying to replicate without success, the set of buildings in front didn't match.

View attachment 19697

After seeing this post, I think it's close to the view guests will have of the Sacré Coeur.
The row of buildings in the front seems to match, as does the location of the main dome in relation to the secondary dome in front of it.

The view of the tower to the right of the cathedral will be blocked by the facades (number "2" in the picture).

I found it interesting, what do you think ?
Outstanding work, this is great! Honestly I think you’re as spot on as we can gauge right now, this is awesome. Posts like this are why I love IU.

You know you're a real theme park fan when...

I’m excited for the double-sided lockers in Monsters Unchained.

I have to say, I am almost as excited for the flaming windmill bar as I am for the main ride. And about the "flaming" part, do we think it will just be on fire all the time? Or occasionally burst into flames every 20 mins or so like the dragon in Diagon Alley? It seems to me that burning all the time would be cost prohibitive.

Last edited:
So I was able to ride one of the very few spinning Mack coasters last week - Turbulence at Adventureland. This was surprisingly WAY more intense than the controlled spinning on Guardians. the profile looks to be more intense then Werewolf based on layout, but with the uncontrolled spinning I came off this not feeling good at all (which has never happened to me on a coaster). The younger kids seemed to love it (10-16) while the adults vowed never again.

Any idea how Werewolf looks to stack up? Would hate to skip 1/2 the rides in what is my most looked forward to land, but I would not ride turbulence again.

So I was able to ride one of the very few spinning Mack coasters last week - Turbulence at Adventureland. This was surprisingly WAY more intense than the controlled spinning on Guardians. the profile looks to be more intense then Werewolf based on layout, but with the uncontrolled spinning I came off this not feeling good at all (which has never happened to me on a coaster). The younger kids seemed to love it (10-16) while the adults vowed never again.

Any idea how Werewolf looks to stack up? Would hate to skip 1/2 the rides in what is my most looked forward to land, but I would not ride turbulence again.
If I had to guess I would say it's free spinning, given front and back seating, but with a fairly smooth and not too intense track layout. So maybe only half nauseating!

• Haha
Reactions: alias8703 and Nico
You know you're a real theme park fan when...

I have to say, I am almost as excited for the flaming windmill bar as I am for the main ride. And about the "flaming" part, do we think it will just be on fire all the time? Or occasionally burst into flames every 20 mins or so like the dragon in Diagon Alley? It seems to me that burning all the time would be cost prohibitive.
I think every 20 minutes would be more of an event than if it was burning all the time. I would like that as it's also a mini happening in Diagon Alley every time the dragon spits fire.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Hello everyone

Do you think this area will be a themed backdrop for guests in the overflow queue (#1 on the sketch) or an outdoor queue?

I hope it won't be the latter, because of the way they built this area, there's no room to put a berm or trees to hide the massive show building.

I'm also concerned about the other side of the mansion, to the right of the store exit (#2) where the corner of the show building is, it's going to be hard to hide it (they seem to be planning a landscaped berm there). They could have painted this part black like the back of the stores at the land entrance.

I don't understand why they don't paint their show buildings dark green or gray more often, the visual impact within the landscape, from the hotel rooms etc would be lessened, is white cheaper? Is it because a white building is easier to cool in Florida?

This land will surely be my favorite, and I'm sure Universal Creative has thought of everything, but I can't help speculating!

5920B2D6-D2FA-4858-8564-1E457D7A4F8F.jpeg

Hello everyone

Do you think this area will be a themed backdrop for guests in the overflow queue (#1 on the sketch) or an outdoor queue?

I hope it won't be the latter, because of the way they built this area, there's no room to put a berm or trees to hide the massive show building.

I'm also concerned about the other side of the mansion, to the right of the store exit (#2) where the corner of the show building is, it's going to be hard to hide it (they seem to be planning a landscaped berm there). They could have painted this part black like the back of the stores at the land entrance.

I don't understand why they don't paint their show buildings dark green or gray more often, the visual impact within the landscape, from the hotel rooms etc would be lessened, is white cheaper? Is it because a white building is easier to cool in Florida?

This land will surely be my favorite, and I'm sure Universal Creative has thought of everything, but I can't help speculating!

View attachment 19790
While I have no answers to any of these questions, I do hope Universal has a good plan for these potential sight line issues.

Monsters is the land that I think is going to be the most difficult to visually isolate (both from inside the land looking out, and from inside the land looking to elsewhere inside the land).

I think if they had build the mansion at an angle on a hill there would have been much less of a problem.
There is still a huge expansion plot next to and behind the big show building. If the expansion isn't put in another large building this will have another headache with sidelines. Trees can solve a lot but not everything.
I'm also wondering how all those ugly roofs in EU that can be seen from the different coasters will ruin the experience (like the un-themed back of the restaurant at HTTYD and the Wolf coaster where the village very abruptly stops into a black wall.
All this shows that Nintendo and Potter will not have these problems and Universals own ip's probably will. But it's not done yet so rip them another one after we've seen the end result or tell them their creative team is amazing.

Last edited:
I'm also wondering how all those ugly roofs in EU that can be seen from the different coasters will ruin the experience (like the un-themed back of the restaurant at HTTYD and the Wolf coaster where the village very abruptly stops into a black wall.
I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about seeing the back of Port of Entry from the final break run on Hulk. Every coaster in this park is likely to be even less severe.

I think if they had build the mansion at an angle on a hill there would have been much less of a problem.
There is still a huge expansion plot next to and behind the big show building. If the expansion isn't put in another large building this will have another headache with sidelines. Trees can solve a lot but not everything.
All this shows that Nintendo and Potter will not have these problems and Universals own ip's probably will. But it's not done yet so rip them another one after we've seen the end result or tell them their creative team is amazing.

That's exactly what I thought, it will be interesting to see what the future concept for the Monsters extension pad will be and how the Universal teams will tackle these challenges.

I also have some concerns about the visible roofs. A simple way to visually reduce their impact would have been to add vegetation or gravel (See pictures attached) Especially since HTTYD is set in a Viking village (Scandinavia) where this kind of practice is quite common.

And yes, the creative team is excellent. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Attachments

• 5E5CFE00-8A87-4CC9-9CBB-161E304B11CE.jpeg
    5E5CFE00-8A87-4CC9-9CBB-161E304B11CE.jpeg
    980.9 KB · Views: 28
  • A3D7283F-FECF-41AC-8234-B879F5F8DDF6.jpeg
    A3D7283F-FECF-41AC-8234-B879F5F8DDF6.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Suchomimus
Has anyone thought about what the façade and/or theming might be for the Dragons show building? I think it might be themed as the dragon mountain from the first movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.