Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think that SNW should have gone to USF. They need a big draw badly. But Pokemon is the next best thing, so let's hope that's it.
I can see why they moved SNW, sounds like the closest sure fire hit they have right now and an attendance draw. I get it, but the decision to move it with no replacement set USF and Kidzone back literally 3 years. I was hoping we'd get a last second rumor that kid zone is closing at the end of 2019, but doesn't seem so. If USF could add SLOP and Pokemon by 2023, along with Bourne, feels like a bit of a different park already.

I still think that SNW should have gone to USF. They need a big draw badly. But Pokemon is the next best thing, so let's hope that's it.
Diagon/Gringotts/HE are the biggest of draws in themeparkdom. Sure, it would be nice for a few new attractions, but attendance will remain strong just because Potter exists in what is probably the most immersive land in existence, ie. Diagon.

I feel Studios/Islands are going to have more Dreamworks and Illumination lands when all is said and done...There is plenty to draw from

EU without SNW could be an issue, people are already in Universal Escape mode with figuring out exactly what Universal is building

Reactions: Mad Dog
I've long dreamt of a Goonies attraction. I see at as a dark ride/water coaster hybrid. Ever since SeaWorld got Journey to Atlantis I've wanted to see someone take the concept and make it better.

Reactions: therock
Was watching FB And The Crimes of Grindelwald with a friend who hasn’t seen it yet. He was not a fan of the film, as I’m aware many aren’t, but I did mention to him Universal is doing a theme park land around it and this location and his response was “Oh that could still be dope I love their Harry Potter sh**”
So, Trevor doesn’t speak for everyone obviously but from a casual/non theme park fan perspective, I think attaching “Wizarding World” to the Fantastic Beasts land will be a huge sell. Plus it seems like it may be high quality anyways. Just thought I’d add in that perspective for some of the skeptics, but of course, we’ll all judge come final product. I think there’s so much theme park potential here I get giddy watching the movies now

Was watching FB And The Crimes of Grindelwald with a friend who hasn’t seen it yet. He was not a fan of the film, as I’m aware many aren’t, but I did mention to him Universal is doing a theme park land around it and this location and his response was “Oh that could still be dope I love their Harry Potter sh**”
So, Trevor doesn’t speak for everyone obviously but from a casual/non theme park fan perspective, I think attaching “Wizarding World” to the Fantastic Beasts land will be a huge sell. Plus it seems like it may be high quality anyways. Just thought I’d add in that perspective for some of the skeptics, but of course, we’ll all judge come final product. I think there’s so much theme park potential here I get giddy watching the movies now
The first FB film was good, the second was odd, but had some interesting moments

IMO, the films just have to be decent....Although I hope the improve. I think the land will still be an attractor in the new park

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
The rumor I am hearing is that the ride system (coaster based shooter) that was patented and rumored earlier to be the MoM/Auror Office attraction is now a ride through Paris catching all of Newt's escaped Fantastic Beasts.
I’m down for this. I can see it being a fun interactive ride. I assume no plans for ministry then?

Given that the other ride may already involve the beasts, I suppose it's too much to hope that the second big attraction is going to be a sedate dark ride through Newt's suitcase.

What’s crazy to me is after hearing of the plans for Fantastic Beasts Paris my anticipation for lands list is:
1.Classic Monsters
2.Fantastic Beasts
3.Nintendo
4.HTTYD

with Nintendo at 3 and my absolute love of Nintendo shows me just how beyond great this park may be.

*note* that I also love HTTYD so really this park has no weak link for me. Also I will be seeing Nintendo at Hollywood first so that has something to do with its position, and yes I know Donkey Kong won’t be in Hollywood but Mario Kart is my jam!

Reactions: Magic-Man
The rumor I am hearing is that the ride system (coaster based shooter) that was patented and rumored earlier to be the MoM/Auror Office attraction is now a ride through Paris catching all of Newt's escaped Fantastic Beasts.
Would this still incorporate the idea of floo powder?

tower-tilt.jpg
tower-side.jpg
tower-pig.jpg
Given that the other ride may already involve the beasts, I suppose it's too much to hope that the second big attraction is going to be a sedate dark ride through Newt's suitcase.
Or this

Reactions: alias8703
I would also imagine this is going to be pretty screen heavy. Hopefully its strong mix of sets and screen at least like Gringotts.

Status
Not open for further replies.