Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If all the lands have the same amount of detail that SNW will, at least based on the concept art, on BOY are we in for a truly special theme park here folks. I know that point has been beaten to death but the latest concept art really shows us the land well. Stinks this is likely 4 years or so away still but some really exciting stuff here. Probably the biggest and most exciting theme park project going on currently

Personally, I think these are four really strange properties to base a cohesive "universe" on, but I know each has their fans. I really do wonder if Fantastic Beasts has the extension power that the other lands have... In other words, if there was to be another attraction in those areas, I can easily see a Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, or Animal Crossing land grafted onto the Mushroom Kingdom. Berk could flow into a number of Dreamworks properties, like Shrek's Far Far Away and Madagascar. I can even see Monsters getting VERY different attractions on behalf of the Black Lagoon, the Opera, the Woods... etc...

But what is the extension of Fantastic Beasts? It would be the same characters, different city. Once they choose the city, they're kinda stuck, though, aren't they?

The Celestial Garden (is that right?) seems to be a great location for a Space Fantasy, and could function as the Overworlds in Kingdom Hearts do - you "fly" over to different worlds and unlock their stages. Kinda. A ride in the center could explain the lore or whatever transport system will be used in the park. Rosalina from Super Mario Odyssey could be a great excuse for the galaxy-hopping, too. The attractions here also seem to have potential to grow --- but I'm truly feeling a lack of expansion possibility for Fantastic Beasts... Hm.

It's not just Fantastic Beasts, it's more of the Wizarding World, which has endless possibilities.

I see where you are going but I think they are fine for expansions to all the lands and they have space for a 5th if a poweful enough IP comes along.

Personally, I think these are four really strange properties to base a cohesive "universe" on, but I know each has their fans. I really do wonder if Fantastic Beasts has the extension power that the other lands have... In other words, if there was to be another attraction in those areas, I can easily see a Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, or Animal Crossing land grafted onto the Mushroom Kingdom. Berk could flow into a number of Dreamworks properties, like Shrek's Far Far Away and Madagascar. I can even see Monsters getting VERY different attractions on behalf of the Black Lagoon, the Opera, the Woods... etc...

But what is the extension of Fantastic Beasts? It would be the same characters, different city. Once they choose the city, they're kinda stuck, though, aren't they?

The Celestial Garden (is that right?) seems to be a great location for a Space Fantasy, and could function as the Overworlds in Kingdom Hearts do - you "fly" over to different worlds and unlock their stages. Kinda. A ride in the center could explain the lore or whatever transport system will be used in the park. Rosalina from Super Mario Odyssey could be a great excuse for the galaxy-hopping, too. The attractions here also seem to have potential to grow --- but I'm truly feeling a lack of expansion possibility for Fantastic Beasts... Hm.
Every film is in an entirely different nation, giving the opportunity for a variety of experiences, looks and feelings. (Alongside nation specific characters, locations and creatures) showing these different nations is already done successfully in the wizarding world lands, with lands for magic Scotland (hogsmede) and England (Diagon Alley) already.

Also with FB, they can have a Ministry ride that takes you through literally several countries ministries, which would be just so cool. Also, the FB films travel more than the Potter films even did, so there's even more theme park potential. Obviously, Potter is the bigger IP with the more recognizable/nostalgic characters, but they have just as much to work with here.

And though they could use some of the new world plot, it doesn’t seem there’s much expansion land for FB. People have been counting the French ministry and Montmartre (wizarding district of France) as two separate lands though, so it may just be Parisian lands there.
If the ministry is a land, I expect it to be like Skull Island’s, where it’s just a ride and the area around the entrance counting as a land.

Last edited:
Sorry to double post, but should we expect the Circus Arcanus to be in Montmartre? It seems like it could be a fun little show
I also believe the land may only have one or two streets, obviously the first being Rue Giardon (Main magic street) and maybe one of their to manage crowd flow, but I could be wrong
Also just speculation but the tree covered area where the ministry entry is is probably Place De Frustemburg, the tree covered area where Queenie used a ministry entrance (though there’s many ministry entrances around Paris)

Here's a wild idea.

In addition to a preview center, you retheme the mini golf at CityWalk with each hole based around a new attraction.

You know how sometimes, the 18th hole has a near impossible shot with a crazy prize? Make the impossible shot for the chance to win an opening day ticket and stay at the new hotel.

Would rather they put more work into the preview center than split it into two different projects but i'll admit, it's an interesting idea.

Also, for what it’s worth, I think I was able to make out the Montmartre land building having a taller portion primarily obscured by the fireworks, where that drop tower I really hope is in epic universe could be

Also, for what it’s worth, I think I was able to make out the Montmartre land building having a taller portion primarily obscured by the fireworks, where that drop tower I really hope is in epic universe could be

*gasps* HOLD UP. I just had a revelation!

So, if Universal's building a drop tower ride, the building will probably be vertical. But if the exterior is designed to look like a parisian boulevard, how will they disguise the tower to make sure it doesn't break immersion?

The Answer: The Eiffel Tower!! EUREKA!!!

So, if Universal's building a drop tower ride, the building will probably be vertical. But if the exterior is designed to look like a parisian boulevard, how will they disguise the tower to make sure it doesn't break immersion?

Everybody knows that when you paint a giant building blue at the top, light green and then dark green at the bottom, it becomes invisible.

I just realized to the right, the portion of the outdoor FB land towards the side where the drop tower building is, there’s some forced perspective thing we’ve known forever on top of the Montmartre building. I think it could be to hide the ride building! :O

Edit: I JUST MADE OUT THE BACK POTION OF THE MONTMATRE SHOWBUILDING, ITS DEFINITELY TALLER IN THAT PORTION! PRAYING ITS THE DROP TOWER RIDE

Last edited:

I don't know if it's going to be that tall...I'm expecting more the elevators in Transformers

Every film is in an entirely different nation, giving the opportunity for a variety of experiences, looks and feelings. (Alongside nation specific characters, locations and creatures) showing these different nations is already done successfully in the wizarding world lands, with lands for magic Scotland (hogsmede) and England (Diagon Alley) already.

Oh, I totally get it, the other Wizarding Worlds are quite awesome and I understand how they are different from each other. But what I mean is, the other IPs have brand extension and other family IPs that can merge into the existing lands. I was afraid that, one the "battle escape" attraction and the "inside the trunk" attraction are complete, where else is there to logically extend after the first two rides? But then...

It's not just Fantastic Beasts, it's more of the Wizarding World, which has endless possibilities.

I see where you are going but I think they are fine for expansions to all the lands and they have space for a 5th if a poweful enough IP comes along.

...that makes sense. If they decided for the expansion to, say take you to the Ministry of Magic with Floo powder -- well. You can really go anywhere you want in the Wizarding world with very little transition. My mind's been expanded a bit, haha!

If they wanted another locale in FB i could see a floo powder themed walkway being cool like the Mario pipes

I don't know if it's going to be that tall...I'm expecting more the elevators in Transformers
The show building seems to go pretty far up in the art in the ride portion. Plus, looking at the patent, I think the ride will be mega tall. Is common speculation that the drop tower will be newts case or what?

If they wanted another locale in FB i could see a floo powder themed walkway being cool like the Mario pipes

The show building seems to go pretty far up in the art in the ride portion. Plus, looking at the patent, I think the ride will be mega tall. Is common speculation that the drop tower will be newts case or what?
Well, they hide the elevated ceiling on the Gringotts show building pretty well so I'm not concerned.

Looking at the hotel and comparing, this looks to be average height...but the fireworks could be hiding a giant tower of some kind haha

Well, they hide the elevated ceiling on the Gringotts show building pretty well so I'm not concerned.

Looking at the hotel and comparing, this looks to be average height...but the fireworks could be hiding a giant tower of some kind haha
Specifically under the fireworks I was able to make out a taller portion.

Status
Not open for further replies.