Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: wouldn’t the second FB ride assumably have it’s patents by now? It seems every other major ride sans maybe an aspect of the HTTYD coaster has...

Question: wouldn’t the second FB ride assumably have it’s patents by now? It seems every other major ride sans maybe an aspect of the HTTYD coaster has...
So far none of the lands' permits have been filed publicly. I know several have been submitted, but there's a few month turnaround on when they're available on the permitting site.

So far none of the lands' permits have been filed publicly. I know several have been submitted, but there's a few month turnaround on when they're available on the permitting site.
This includes the HTTYD flying theater, DK ride etc?
-someone who doesn’t know how patents work

Patents and permits are two different things. Patents are for a technology that a company wants to protect from others using. Permits are what companies are actually planning on building.

Just because Uni applied for a patent for a ride system, it doesn't mean that ride system will ever happen. In fact, more often than not it doesn't.

Patents and Permits are very very very different things:

Permits = things they are building (or rather, are preparing to build soon)

Patents = technology they want to own exclusive rights to IN CASE they ever want to build it someday (maybe possibly but not guaranteed)

DK ride was something that was in filed permits when they were thinking about building Nintendo in KidZone originally, so they were planning to actually build it at one point at least.

The flying theater tech was only patented, but so far has not been found in any permits, so we still don't know for certain if it's something they actually plan to build.

Patents and permits are two different things. Patents are for a technology that a company wants to protect from others using. Permits are what companies are actually planning on building.

Just because Uni applied for a patent for a ride system, it doesn't mean that ride system will ever happen. In fact, more often than not it doesn't.
But my question is wouldn’t whatever permits/patents (whichever) they’re using for the Place Cachee have already been applied (and inherently visible to us like the most if not all ones for the other epic universe rides) already? Or have they not finalized on what that ride may possibly be?

But my question is wouldn’t whatever permits/patents (whichever) they’re using for the Place Cachee have already been applied (and inherently visible to us like the most if not all ones for the other epic universe rides) already? Or have they not finalized on what that ride may possibly be?
It's possible that permits for areas they are going to begin work on first will be filed first. It has more to do with what they're building when than what has been designed... (as I'm sure by this point all of the main attractions have been designed).

They just don't need to file a permit until they go to build it.

And even when permits do get filed, we usually only see building and footprint dimensions, nothing that really goes inside. We can infer a lot from plumbing, water drainage, etc, in public docs, but that can only tell us so much.

Soooo, just because we haven't seen any permits for Fantastic Beasts rides, doesn't mean they haven't designed them yet... just that they're not ready to start building them yet.

It's possible that permits for areas they are going to begin work on first will be filed first. It has more to do with what they're building when than what has been designed... (as I'm sure by this point all of the main attractions have been designed).

They just don't need to file a permit until they go to build it.

And even when permits do get filed, we usually only see building and footprint dimensions, nothing that really goes inside. We can infer a lot from plumbing, water drainage, etc, in public docs, but that can only tell us so much.

Soooo, just because we haven't seen any permits for Fantastic Beasts rides, doesn't mean they haven't designed them yet... just that they're not ready to start building them yet.
Thanks! Glad to learn

Maybe this belongs in the construction thread but I am curious when we will be seeing actual construction on the site begin. 2023 isn't THAT far away. Any word on when we should maybe expect some more "permanent" construction to begin? Early 2020? I know the land is cleared and practically ready and theres tons and tons of offsite prep but just wondering.

Maybe this belongs in the construction thread but I am curious when we will be seeing actual construction on the site begin. 2023 isn't THAT far away. Any word on when we should maybe expect some more "permanent" construction to begin? Early 2020? I know the land is cleared and practically ready and theres tons and tons of offsite prep but just wondering.
I think early next year is a decent expectation.

I think early next year is a decent expectation.
Id hope/think so if we want this open for 2023. If I recall, without the land clearing as they had to replace existing attractions/areas, Diagon Alley took about 3-4 years? Hogsmeade a little less? We're building 4 lands to that scale, all at once, plus hotels and other things. Id think we see heavy movement relatively soon but I am not a construction expert.

Should also help that this will be there 3rd SNW, and 3rd Mario Kart they're building so you'd think they have those glitches worked out.

@Alicia do you expect the ministry to be roamable/a full land even by the standards of Kong or just a ride?
I have no idea, but I have heard there will be shops and streets inside a giant building as part of the land.

If I were to guess, I’d bet a Ministry ride, (if one were to exist,) would have lobby areas and such as queue elements, similar to Gringotts.

If they can somehow pull off the kids in the bubbles thing that was in the film in Paris inside that building then I will solely give my theme park devoted $ to Universal from there on out. So excited we’re getting a 3rd wizarding world with 2 E tickets! First time one is opening with 2 e tickets, since I’m not sure the Hogwarts Express is considered E ticket, none the less an incredible experience.
A ministry ride with Dumbledore might be too easy of a concept to do, but if done right would be a big fat f’ing hit.

I have no idea, but I have heard there will be shops and streets inside a giant building as part of the land.

If I were to guess, I’d bet a Ministry ride, (if one were to exist,) would have lobby areas and such as queue elements, similar to Gringotts.
I mean, it looks like the speculatory Ministry has a separate entrance which looks very similar to the Ministry entrance in the movie? (The Parisian Ministry has multiple entrances but the Place de Frustemberg is the one for non Ministry workers to enter to so its the one that makes sense for us) So it won’t be linked to Place Cache, I’m guessing Kong ish land (but that’s just me)

It’s funny, I wasn’t big on the second movie but seeing someone like Newt or Queenie on a ride would make the potterhead in me fanboy heavily
(FORGOT I COULDNT DOUBLE POST, SORRY)

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, on the debate of berk vs new berk, I think it will be berk not new berk just because berk was there for all of the first two movies and the majority (I believe) of the third movie, and is way more distinctive looking, alongside all of the tv shows, so it’s way more recognizable (I know I’d feel nostalgic if I saw it), and I just looked to New Berk and it looks impossible for a land (plus lacks any sort of distinct structure or much structures at all).

New Berk:
maxresdefault.jpg

Also wouldn’t be shocked if they have that body of water to walk by so you could see the iconic Viking statues (assumably hidden in the art like peach’s castle) in front of Berk, that’s the only reason I’d imagine they’d have the water portion there. Berk is filled with multiple recognizable areas (the great hall, the caves with the dragon nurseries, etc) that I could see the using for restaurants/queues

Berk (and Viking statues) for reference:
latest

Also, on the debate of berk vs new berk, I think it will be berk not new berk just because berk was there for all of the first two movies and the majority (I believe) of the third movie, and is way more distinctive looking, alongside all of the tv shows, so it’s way more recognizable (I know I’d feel nostalgic if I saw it), and I just looked to New Berk and it looks impossible for a land (plus lacks any sort of distinct structure or much structures at all).

New Berk:
maxresdefault.jpg

Also wouldn’t be shocked if they have that body of water to walk by so you could see the iconic Viking statues (assumably hidden in the art like peach’s castle) in front of Berk, that’s the only reason I’d imagine they’d have the water portion there. Berk is filled with multiple recognizable areas (the great hall, the caves with the dragon nurseries, etc) that I could see the using for restaurants/queues

Berk (and Viking statues) for reference:
latest

I agree with most of this, however, Berk is surrounded by a giant body of water that Epic Universe isn't replicating.

I agree with most of this, however, Berk is surrounded by a giant body of water that Epic Universe isn't replicating.
Ya, this is honestly exactly why I believe we're getting New Berk. Maybe the scene or setting for the land is right where the 3rd film leaves us. Would be kinda perfect in my opinion. While I know the concept art lacked detail, it screams New Berk to me, not Berk. But I hope we get those 2 statue dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.