Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having wands out on a coaster sounds like something Universal wouldn't want to do. They don't like "loose articles" and a wand would fit that category.
While I'm not creative enough to come up with the exacts of this (hence why I don't work for Universal creative) I think they could develop some type of ride vehicle where Newt or another wizard says "Since your muggles and we need your help we've attached your wands to *insert ride vehicle name* to help keep you safe and capture our beasts." Then crack a joke about muggles over doing it with their wands or something along those lines. It'd sorta be the next evolution of a shooter type ride I think.

Its a funny thought... Maybe a lot of EU came from a bunch of projects that were sheleved or already in development for UOR?

In theme park development no idea ever really dies, it just gets shelved until the concept works right, sometimes in better ways. While I'm sure a Van Helsing ride would have been interesting, I'm glad they ended up saving it for Harry.

Not sure if this has been posted here (I did a quick search but couldn't find anything)

www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2019/12/12/universal-patent-aims-to-further-refine-harry.amp.html

Essentially the patent indicates Universal could make all wands interactive, even if they don't have batteries, chips, or lights. This would make them more cost effective to manufacture (and hopefully sold at a lower price). One picture shows riders in a car using their wands to interact with ride props.

Not every patent becomes reality of course, but I could see this coming in time for Epic Universe and expanding to site A.

I'm confused, the wands already don't have any electronics it's just a RF reflective tip.

Maybe its the remnants of the rumored ministry/mib replacement?

Its a funny thought... Maybe a lot of EU came from a bunch of projects that were sheleved or already in development for UOR?
Something I've noticed as well....Essentially all of Epic Universe is shelved projects:
  • Ministry of Magic - rumored to be coming to London, shelved, now rumored to be coming to EU rethemed to Fantastic Beast
  • Classic Monsters Kuka Attraction - rumored to be similar to Forbidden Journey, which was rumored to be based on the shelved Van Helsing concept (Classic Monsters)
  • HTTYD - Rumored to be coming to Lost Continent, shelved
  • SNW - Rumored to be coming to Kidzone, shelved
Still very much excited for EU, but it does emphasize how ideas never die.

Last edited:
I'm confused, the wands already don't have any electronics it's just a RF reflective tip.
From my understanding, the aim is to make any wand interactive and wouldn't need the reflective tip.

Perhaps the idea is that there's too much "noise" (other lights/etc) for the reflective tip to be used on a moving vehicle, so they came up with another method.

I could be way off on this though.

Last edited:
so, I know it’s early, but other than the shooter water thing in HTTYD, we aren’t thinking there’s a water ride at this park at opening correct? Seems like that’s truly the only thing that’s going to be missing from the park.

We have so many at IOA I honestly don’t mind. I’m looking forward to more indoor attractions.
I don’t really mind either but just noticed it. If TL closes though for LOTR that’d kill a few of the water rides at least for a few years. As someone who doesn’t ride the water rides a ton it’s not a huge deal to me but it’s certainly noticeable. Hoping for a log or like epic flume ride in HTTYD as well.

Something I've noticed as well....Essentially all of Epic Universe is shelved projects:
  • Ministry of Magic - rumored to be coming to London, shelved, now rumored to be coming to EU rethemed to Fantastic Beast
  • Classic Monsters Kuka Attraction - rumored to be similar to Forbidden Journey, which was rumored to be based on the shelved Van Helsing concept (Classic Monsters)
I would say "moved" projects

I do wonder what IOA and USF would have looked like if they hadn't have gotten the new property though.

All that being said, I would rather have a completely new park, and have them continue to plus the original parks with newer properties

I don’t think I would consider the Van Helsing concept as “shelved.” Wasn’t it a Disney project?

I have to wonder if SNW opened in Orlando in 2021 let’s say, what would replace it at EU? Pokémon? Would’ve been really interesting to open the new park with ALL brand new lands.

I’d presume screens are expected to be part of this monsters ride? Seems like the Kuka arm usually has a screen invovled with it

Just joining this thread. The #1 thing on my wishlist? A Great Hall restaurant hidden within the large building in the Fantastic Beasts area.

Yes, I know the Fantastic Beasts area is rumored to be in Paris. So what? create a permanent portkey/floo-powder entrance between Beauxbatons and Hogwarts, one the leads to the corridor entrance just outside the Great Hall.

The Paris scenes in FB are so briefly shown and, while beautiful, hold nothing but darkness and danger. There's none of the sense of wonder in them that one feels in Hogwarts or Diagon Alley.. For the love of Hagrid, if Universal is going to go with Paris, I hope they bring back some of that wonder we find in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade and add a touch of Potter magic to the location of the depressing and poorly reviewed Crimes of Grindelwald.

I’d presume screens are expected to be part of this monsters ride? Seems like the Kuka arm usually has a screen invovled with it

Let's hope minimal/transitional. Anything heavier would threaten to enter "It's just a Forbidden Journey clone" territory.

Giant, elaborate sets and lots of monster animatronics should be the selling points.

so, I know it’s early, but other than the shooter water thing in HTTYD, we aren’t thinking there’s a water ride at this park at opening correct? Seems like that’s truly the only thing that’s going to be missing from the park.
I think "the shooter water thing" might actually be a bigger/better attraction than it first appears in the concept art.

Status
Not open for further replies.