Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I didn't get into it in the story, as it is just speculation, but, I have a thought...

Perhaps all of the outdoor attractions are meant to be Dragon training classes. Flying lessons on the Sky Fly and coaster. Battle lessons on the Splash Battle, with targets set up around the course. And various tasks throughout the play areas.

All leading to the indoor ride where you actually get to fly a dragon "for real".

And down at the very bottom of the land is the show and meet and greets, where you can get to meet your teachers and learn about their story. So you get some narrative, passive fun, in a show too.

It kind of reminds me of the Legoland City themed lands, where you go to "Flying School" (suspended coaster,) Driving School (Autopia type attraction,) and Boating School, etc.

I think this land will be very much our journey to learn "How to Train Your Dragon" and that's neat.
This would make a ton of sense tbh

I'm just excited about the Skyflys...Those things are soo fun!

Definitely.

It will certainly have its pros and cons being completely self contained lands with no transitions.

Cons being the ease of navigation from one land the the other and having the entire land be a dead end. That will certainly lead to more walking and constant congestion at the entrance of every land (see: Diagon).

Pros being an awe inspiring entrance to essentially every land and complete escapism (see: Diagon).

And the huge pro for Universal will be that it will create amazing photo spots for every land. Much like Diagon has that “Diagon picture” right at the entrance, these lands will have the same at their entrances. Especially considering they will be designed for grandness at your first look. This will create a massive buzz for the land and is brilliant from Universal’s standpoint. But in reality, it’s going to be a cluster F of people standing with their jaws on the floor or snapping pics all the time at every entrance.

So there’s definitely a trade off. It will be less efficient and effective in practical application for people, like most of us, who go to the parks a lot. But for the first time visitor and Social media; it’s going to be a massive win. And considering their goal is to move towards the “resort 5 day long stay” and Disney alternative instead of their current Disney add-on and locals park current stance, this is the right move and the correct focus for what end game they want.
Yes, I like the immersion of a one entrance land. One reason Diagon still stands above all the rest. and...I don't mind lots of people gawking and waiting to take photos. Helps to keep them off the ride lines for a bit :)

An additional note: perhaps @Alicia can correct me, but it look's like the Mack boat attraction's attraction, will be lower to the ground, and in doing so; part of the extended queue will go under a bridge.

View attachment 11484

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is an interesting detail.
Yup I think so. And below that you can see the maintence boat line to/from backstage goes under the bridge too.

Why waste the giant building on a stage show?
Curious- why do you think a massive stage show is a waste?

If it has a themed coaster w/ show scenes and a simulator; that’s two Es. Even if it’s only 2 flats and a playground more, it’s not like this land is short on attractions in any way.

Throw in what we know about SNW, and we’re already at a ride count of 7. 2 kid attractions, 2 coasters, 1 simulator, 1 dark ride, 1 hybrid. Throw in two play areas and a full scale show? That’s a perfect mix. And we’re at just two lands!

Curious- why do you think a massive stage show is a waste?

If it has a themed coaster w/ show scenes and a simulator; that’s two Es. Even if it’s only 2 flats and a playground more, it’s not like this land is short on attractions in any way.

Throw in what we know about SNW, and we’re already at a ride count of 7. 2 kid attractions, 2 coasters, 1 simulator, 1 dark ride, 1 hybrid. Throw in two play areas and a full scale show? That’s a perfect mix. And we’re at just two lands!

...what's the hybrid?

Can’t imagine anyone complaining about this land. It’s got the most opening day attractions in a single land we’ve seen since MK opened.

im not a huge fan of the flying theater concept, but it’s probably the only way they were ever gonna do the actual “flying on the back of a dragon “.I just hope the illusion is done better than Flight of Passage, and that the ride is a bit more exciting than that one.

But even with that small nitpick. I’m ecstatic. Another themed coaster after Hagrid’s just opened and is one of the best rides in the world? Two smaller attractions none of the Orlando parks* have? A huge, legit stage show? All things that scream one thing about this park: Balance.Like ioa was at its opening, EU stands to be awell balanced park, which is something the market will always be hungry for.

Can’t imagine anyone complaining about this land. It’s got the most opening day attractions in a single land we’ve seen since MK opened.

im not a huge fan of the flying theater concept, but it’s probably the only way they were ever gonna do the actual “flying on the back of a dragon “.I just hope the illusion is done better than Flight of Passage, and that the ride is a bit more exciting than that one.

But even with that small nitpick. I’m ecstatic. Another themed coaster after Hagrid’s just opened and is one of the best rides in the world? Two smaller attractions none of the Orlando parks* have? A huge, legit stage show? All things that scream one thing about this park: Balance.Like ioa was at its opening, EU stands to be awell balanced park, which is something the market will always be hungry for.
My only fear with that flying theater concept is if someone pukes...it's all over haha

What I honestly find most interesting about this is based on the level of detail, how it was coloured, and the blown up dragon figure icon, is that this plan was probably received or edited as an AutoCAD file. There's no way to explode that much detail from a JPG or PDF without bringing it into design software.

Having CAD files presents the opportunity to dig way beyond the surface and into granular detail, like which firms had a role in creating the plan, and who the coaster supplier might be.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 12.19.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 12.19.00 PM.png
    541.4 KB · Views: 51
The likely lack of a dark ride is disappointing, but with the lineup being theorized, I'm sure many will be very satisfied with its range of offerings.

It's still easily the land I could most live without, though. Hopefully the stage show is impressive, as that's the only thing that excites me (unless the coaster is stocked with lots of dragons).

What I honestly find most interesting about this is based on the level of detail, how it was coloured, and the blown up dragon figure icon, is that this plan was probably received or edited as an AutoCAD file. There's no way to explode that much detail from a JPG or PDF without bringing it into design software.

Having CAD files presents the opportunity to dig way beyond the surface and into granular detail, like which firms had a role in creating the plan, and who the coaster supplier might be.
I'm assuming it's a Mack launch coaster

Adobe Acrobat has an image smoothing setting for zooming in.

Intamin family launch, kinda like Hagrid.

Edit: Not perfect but here's something. I'll make adjustments later when I have more time, but it'll do for now.

I don't know...I'm looking at that layout and thinking something like this is a better possibility:

Personally, I think the HTTYD coaster is going to be from Gestlauer. I mean, they're clearly willing to work with them (like the Sky-Fly's in the same land), and there won't be any reliability problems like there would be with Intamin.

Status
Not open for further replies.