Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 126 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a lawyer and I don't have a copy of the law, or know what constitutes as a "drone" or "overhead."

But I think Universal might be able to pull something off. For example, it's possible they could say they're not "drones" and instead "controlled balloons," "toys," or "kites" (if they are on strings, directed by a costumed Team Member). They could possibly find a loophole with "fly", perhaps there's a certain height you cannot fly them at (and instead these would "float" slightly overhead).

I dunno, just a thought. But these definitely are not dangerous.

I'm not a lawyer and I don't have a copy of the law, or know what constitutes as a "drone" or "overhead."

But I think Universal might be able to pull something off. For example, it's possible they could say they're not "drones" and instead "controlled balloons," "toys," or "kites" (if they are on strings, directed by a costumed Team Member). They could possibly find a loophole with "fly", perhaps there's a certain height you cannot fly them at (and instead these would "float" slightly overhead).

I dunno, just a thought. But these definitely are not dangerous.
Well... they are dangerous. That’s why they feel they need to regulate them. A high speed long range flying object can hurt anyone in the hands of someone that doesn’t indie what they’re doing.

Reactions: alias8703
Well... they are dangerous. That’s why they feel they need to regulate them. A high speed long range flying object can hurt anyone in the hands of someone that doesn’t indie what they’re doing.
I wasn't referring to general drones, I was referring to the inflatable balloon type objects which I had referenced earlier.

For the sake of not arguing about IPs,

I think LOTR is not as much as a draw as previously thought based on this breakdown of multimedia franchises and also why Mario is the clear leader for this resort. LOTR revenue from merch is pathetic
f02c60d2-25-highest-grossing-media-franchises-all-time-4.png

Reactions: Scott W. and Legacy

I think LOTR is not as much as a draw as previously thought based on this breakdown of multimedia franchises and also why Mario is the clear leader for this resort. LOTR revenue from merch is pathetic

Pokemon will happen, Nintendo has too much of a say for it not to.

As for LOTR remember that it's a depressed property based on Christopher Tolken's desires and wishes. Now that he's out I could see toys, media rights, and more explode.

I know I'm supposed to be paying attention to Pokemon, but holy crap Hello Kitty has made a ton of money!

where is that universal store with the other sanrio character? the egg? wonder if they’d want a sanrio ip focused land

I think we know or believe Universal will indeed do something with Pokemon, but looking at that, man HOW do they not open with it? Obviously Mario is not far behind, but if Comcast wants a truly MAJOR splash for Epic Universe this is the way to go. Im still all for Pokemon in Kidzone but I think if Universal wants week long vacations right off the bat with EU then opening with Pokemon feels the way to go.

I think we know or believe Universal will indeed do something with Pokemon, but looking at that, man HOW do they not open with it? Obviously Mario is not far behind, but if Comcast wants a truly MAJOR splash for Epic Universe this is the way to go. Im still all for Pokemon in Kidzone but I think if Universal wants week long vacations right off the bat with EU then opening with Pokemon feels the way to go.

I was thinking about this last night in terms of IP. Yes we as fans want everything on opening day, but that’s the exact reason Universal shouldn’t give it to us. A new Park will entice people regardless. They have to do what is best for the resort over time, not prematurely blow their leverage. A new land the following year with a huge IP will bring people back again. Pokemon in a different park will most likely force them to stay longer. There is no added benefit for building it day 1.

Reactions: Legacy and Mike S
Dang, wasn't expecting those today!!! So a few thoughts:

-Robocoaster upgrade sounds cool, especially with potential inclines and declines. Not new information but this was a good visual for me personally. Should be a complete "thrill ride" experience it sounds.
- Frankenstein's Village seems as confirmed as could be.
- Phase 2 is so long and not wide that it only makes sense to me that its a boat ride from Creature From The Black Lagoon. Lovveeee it!
- Still no idea if the show is a show or not. Or what kind of show. If we're going for ultrarealistic lands, what kind of show would work here? Im curious what others are thinking of because unless its a horror focused show I don't know what would work here exactly.
- Love the idea of a walktrhough/meet n greet type "attraction". Basically a glorified meet and greet or steroid'd meet and greet.

Overall, im down for all of this. Excited to hear more about the main attraction moving forward. Without knowing much about FB rides yet, in terms of storytelling experience, I feel this Monsters ride thru the castle has a chance to match Rise's level of immersive storytelling. I just imagine a pre show in Frankie's lab with his granddaughter re-awakening the monsters around us, whether it be a bunch of AAs or or some actors playing the monsters or both. Would be intense and immediately make you feel a part of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.