Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the build your own Frankenstein is an option, thats terrifying, but id totally do it. Genius thinking! Can make them have all different kind of personalities too. Its exciting seeing Universal learn from the Wizarding World and applying it to other properties now. As someone said, merchandise at this park is likely going to be peak merch sales for Universal.
Yea, probably part of the Universal moves to essentially get rid of all retail that's not their own (see CitiWalk). Expand the merchandise so they can provide the guests with everything they need, want or take home with them. Example: Why let Fossil sell high end sunglasses when you can do it yourself and make more money doing it.....Dave @Disneyhead were just talking about this when we were dining at Bigfire.

Last edited:
Yea, probably part of the Universal moves to essentially get rid of all retail that's not their own (see CitiWalk). Expand the merchandise so they can provide the guests with everything they need, want or take home with them. Example: Why let Fossil sell high end sunglasses when you can do it yourself and make more money doing it.
Yep, another smart shift for the resort. The growth potential here between merch, park ticket sales, hotel guests staying onsite longer, more dining and merch options run by Universal, id think their potential gross has to be going up like crazy. And to think all this is happening because of a boy wizard, awesome sh!t.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Mario Kart
Yoshi's Adventure
Donkey Kong Country Coaster
HTTYD Coaster
HTTYD Skyfly
HTTYD Boat Ride
HTTYD Flying Simulator
Monsters Kuka Ride
Potter E-ticket 1
Potter E-ticket 2
Dueling Coaster 1
Dueling Coaster 2

So definitely 12. Possibly more.

This is a ridiculous amount of rides for a new park to start out, especially at this level and not including shows.

I'm really hoping that the hub has an E Ticket dark ride. Something completely unique and original without an attached IP.

In my opinion, I believe the more rides are the better because people will spend more for tickets and what not to experience everything and several different types of rides target more demographics, thus making a bigger profit for the park.

In my opinion, I believe the more rides are the better because people will spend more for tickets and what not to experience everything and several different types of rides target more demographics, thus making a bigger profit for the park.

I think more rides will result in a better spread of the crowds.

You've just to look at the state of the Disney parks right now. Everybody is crowding and heading straight for Flight of Passage, Rise of the Resistance and Seven Dwarfs (Still)

Reactions: mainejeff
I actually think 12 is too low on the ride count, and really hope there are more flat rides scattered about at the very least.

Though we also have things like the SNW walkthroughs that could end up being "attraction-worthy"

Reactions: USO92
I always refer to the character as the Frankenstein Monster, and used to get pedantic about it when it comes to others mislabeling him, but I've learned to...
giphy.gif

wouldn’t be shocked if we see the FB plans soon, but do you think The Celestial Gardens will take longer? since they reconfigured the hub

Dr. Frankenstein is the guy who created the Monster. Frankenstein is not the creatures name.

True in the book, but by the third movie Son of Frankenstein, Universal were referring to the monster as Frankenstein, as does the merchandise they produce for him.
I got a shirt last year from Studios that refers to him as Frankenstein rather than monster.
The land is definitely going to take more from the movies than from the book.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I actually think 12 is too low on the ride count, and really hope there are more flat rides scattered about at the very least.

Though we also have things like the SNW walkthroughs that could end up being "attraction-worthy"

12 is the amount of rides IOA opened with.

Not only that, but these will be more substantial. There's six-eight E-tickets here (Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, HTTYD simulator, Monsters kuka arm, two Fantastic Beasts e-tickets, the dueling coaster, and possibly a hub dark ride). IOA had four (Hulk, Dueling Dragons, Spider-Man, Jurassic Park).

Reactions: Scott W.

Yea, I was just hoping for a number higher than that.

Not only that, but these will be more substantial. There's six-eight E-tickets here (Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, HTTYD simulator, Monsters kuka arm, two Fantastic Beasts e-tickets, the dueling coaster, and possibly a hub dark ride). IOA had four (Hulk, Dueling Dragons, Spider-Man, Jurassic Park).

This is a good point, though I wouldn't consider DK an E-ticket, personally. But DK and HTTYD coasters will be D-ticket level, so still some major attractions

Reactions: Nico and Magic-Man
12 with IOA when it first opened is what shocks me. I'm of the same opinion as you JS...12 seems a bit low.

I'm not saying this next thought as a bad thing, but I am surprised they're going so far in on HTTYD. Seems like the biggest land (thus far) with the most rides.

Reactions: Nico
12 with IOA when it first opened is what shocks me. I'm of the same opinion as you JS...12 seems a bit low.

I'm not saying this next thought as a bad thing, but I am surprised they're going so far in on HTTYD. Seems like the biggest land (thus far) with the most rides.

HTTYD has two flat rides though. It only has two substantial rides, so that's on par with the rest of the lands in the park.

Reactions: USO92
Status
Not open for further replies.