Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents will be 73 and 71 when this park opens. They aren't sure they will be making the trek due to age. I told them they most certainly are going if only for the immersion and scenery.

My parents will be 73 and 71 when this park opens. They aren't sure they will be making the trek due to age. I told them they most certainly are going if only for the immersion and scenery.
Hell, I'm 70 on Super Tuesday. I feel like 40 and I can, and will, ride everything at Universal except Storm, which spins in a circle a bit too fast for me. Tell them not to live in their fears. :thumbsup: :)

If the Hub really is constellation/light sci fi/zodiac themed, I wonder if the coaster will be themed to the Gemini*

*Cedar Point sues for trademark infringement
Heck, it's so rough they'll probably tear it down by then. :lol:

The scenery, dining, Yoshi, HTTYD show, power up bands in SNW, show/walkthrough (or if we're lucky, both!) for UCM, and we dunno enough about FB yet to tell. I think there's plenty for them to do and spend a day here. That's whats awesome about this park Imo, really seems to appeal to anyone and everyone.

Same. I'm middle age in terms of real life....but maybe early late life in terms of theme park participation. I can't do spinning rides and I don't like the feeling of blacking out on coasters (although there are worse ways to go :peace:). This park seems perfect for my still thrill seeking and awe inspired brain....but a good middle ground for my middle aged body.:grin:
Just FYI, you're not "blacking out" on coasters. It's called a greyout, and coasters don't have enough positive G-forces to really do any damage unless you'e in poor health.

Jungle Skip is correct. And greying out can be avoided if you tense up your leg muscles and abs.

I'm happy about this too, and I am glad they are not making the hub IP themed and that they aren't making a land that isn't IP themed, because like the Lost Continent I would just think of it as temporary land that would eventually be replaced by a hot IP. I feel like making the large HUB a non-IP themed it gives them a chance to be creative and give the park it's own identity without having to worry about it being replaced by something else.
How jealous will all the PixieDusters be if Universal actually builds a few non-IP/original attractions. Haha.

I'll be surprised if one of the hotels of the three isn't a value. Uni seems very keen on cornering that market and really drowning out the other value priced hotels in their sphere of influence
I'm sure there will be "value" resorts at the south campus. I just don't think it will be one of these three. But I could be wrong.

Last edited:
See
Just FYI, you're not "blacking out" on coasters. It's called a greyout, and coasters don't have enough positive G-forces to really do any damage unless you'e in poor health.

I've noticed a huge difference in coaster experiences depending on my weight. The difference that 40lbs can make is huge. The only time I think I've grey'd out on a coaster was the helix on Goliath at Magic Mountain.

I don't know what's going on with the pretzel loop on Manta but I hate that also.

Hell, I'm 70 on Super Tuesday. I feel like 40 and I can, and will, ride everything at Universal except Storm, which spins in a circle a bit too fast for me. Tell them not to live in their fears. :thumbsup: :)

Heck, it's so rough they'll probably tear it down by then. :lol:
My grandmother was riding the Cyclone on Coney Island with me when she was in her late 70s (talk about rough!). I plan to emulate her :) <for the record, I am 66 and looking forward to Iron Gwazi!>

See

I've noticed a huge difference in coaster experiences depending on my weight. The difference that 40lbs can make is huge. The only time I think I've grey'd out on a coaster was the helix on Goliath at Magic Mountain.

I don't know what's going on with the pretzel loop on Manta but I hate that also.

Goliath does the same thing to me.

On alicia and tps’ podcast alicia mentioned projection mapping fog for frankenstein’s villaige at night, made me wonder if they’d do a projection show on the castle

Also wanna mention the watchtower/windmill from the concept art looks extremely similar to the watchtower from the real frankenstein castle, though i assume they’d go for the design from the one in the movie. makes way more sense than the windmill, as that structure is where the “its alive” scene occurred. it’s insanely iconic. 58E4CC22-43FA-4B5B-9DFE-B6A8CFA8A623.jpeg

Also wanna mention the watchtower/windmill from the concept art looks extremely similar to the watchtower from the real frankenstein castle, though i assume they’d go for the design from the one in the movie. makes way more sense than the windmill, as that structure is where the “its alive” scene occurred. it’s insanely iconic. View attachment 11681
Yeah, the so called "real" Frankenstein castle is a bit boring, I hope they go the Hollywood route while taking inspiration from these kind of buildings.

It's crazy how ingrained Frankenstein, Dracula, and friends are in pop culture...Serving as their own archetypes of sorts

It will be interesting to see how the public responds to this land, and moving forward, how Universal responds to the results

I see the reaction being overwhelmingly positive to be honest
c590918e-d962-43fd-a53d-3742750fc5e0_1.c9f0fe1df51cb90ded796398ca758514.jpeg

yYgdu7VZ_1306181413531gpadd.jpg

And while not officially from Nintendo, I thought this was amusing.

xoBGhest-I3VkqoN_-ZCwQhcs52KEcqI2rXA8us9kf8.jpg

latest

It's crazy how ingrained Frankenstein, Dracula, and friends are in pop culture...Serving as their own archetypes of sorts

It will be interesting to see how the public responds to this land, and moving forward, how Universal responds to the results

I see the reaction being overwhelmingly positive to be honest
If the projection mapping stuff is true (haven’t watched the vid yet w/Alicia and Dustin just going off of stuff on here), then the land itself here sounds utterly incredible imo. I think it’s the “land” I am the most interested in seeing since we know what Nintendo will look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.