Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 419 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the latest pics of Yoshi’s Adventure ride. And it seems that it is a smaller version of the one in Japan. Actually the whole land looks smaller to me. Am I wrong? Someone with more knowledge please let me know.

I was looking at the latest pics of Yoshi’s Adventure ride. And it seems that it is a smaller version of the one in Japan. Actually the whole land looks smaller to me. Am I wrong? Someone with more knowledge please let me know.
Yoshi is the same. The land is the same. Actually may be 10 feet wider on one side than Japan.

Everything looks smaller from way up high.

Often we discus if an ip is current or hot enough to get a ride or land. I'd like to add this to say it doesn't matter.
Unfotunately this concept is never realised, it's a Vecoma coaster proposal.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="nl" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Thunderbirds?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Thunderbirds</a> Concept van Studio Blonk <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/vekoma?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#vekoma</a> <a href="https://t.co/jbDZQvRAfI">pic.twitter.com/jbDZQvRAfI</a></p>&mdash; Upper Lot Podcast (@UpperLotPodcast) <a href="">September 20, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
DK looks like it will have very wide appeal. It will be EU's Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Will probably have the longest wait time in the park.
Heh, good comparison. I never thought of it that way until you mentioned it. But, from what we know so far, it sure sounds like that comparison is right on. :thumbsup:

The nostalgia just from the nintendo music in this land will be off the charts. Mario and Donkey Kong tracks (specifically DK since it is an upbeat jungle theme) will be amazing.

Reactions: Darko
I think it would be the longest wait in the park even if it wasn't popular. That thing's capacity is gonna be *rough*.

Can't wait to ride it though!

I've been bringing this up the past few years warning people about it too. It really depends on the size of the vehicle and how many seats they intend on fitting. If it's only 4 seats each cart, dispatching at 15 seconds (which would feature the fastest dispatch intervals for a coaster anywhere) your still only looking at 960 riders an hour - not great for an e-ticket.

Major disadvantage being outdoors and susceptible to weather, major advantage for being somewhat a simple coaster with no switches/drop tracks/etc.

It's also a very, very short ride. Unique, but short.

While waits will be long, I really do think with both MK and DK open at same time, plus all the interactivity, crowds should spread out.

I don’t think anybody was expecting this ride have a great capacity considering it’s a coaster.
True but it is different from a typical coaster in that there aren't a string of cars holding groups of people. It looks like one car will be dispatched at a time (holding four-six people?). It depends on what the interval between cars is going to be and how many cars can be on the track at the same time.

I've been bringing this up the past few years warning people about it too. It really depends on the size of the vehicle and how many seats they intend on fitting. If it's only 4 seats each cart, dispatching at 15 seconds (which would feature the fastest dispatch intervals for a coaster anywhere) your still only looking at 960 riders an hour - not great for an e-ticket.

To be fair, I don't think anyone should consider this anywhere close to an Eticket. It's not designed to be a headliner.

I don’t think anybody was expecting this ride have a great capacity considering it’s a coaster.

Huh? Most coasters have exceptional through put. This is just a coaster with a very specific design choice that hampers its capacity.

Yeah it might not be designed to be a headliner but I can't understand the logic behind not being designed to have a good capacity? Seems strange for Universal after making a big effort with capacity recently i.e Hagrids having two drop tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.