Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 444 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When discussing screens, maybe the Monsters E-Ticket may be best compared to Batman: Knight Flight? That attraction does not include full-screen carousel simulator segments but contains large dome screens and various background projections within large physical sets.

Attachments

• WBTP-Batman-Knight-Flight-Joker.jpg
    WBTP-Batman-Knight-Flight-Joker.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Reactions: Coolbfitz and Darko
Already thinking of next gen Haunted Mansion. But with monsters instead of ghosts. I hope Universal is thinking ahead here and possibly doing a halloween overlay. Different lighting/music maybe?

Already thinking of next gen Haunted Mansion. But with monsters instead of ghosts. I hope Universal is thinking ahead here and possibly doing a halloween overlay. Different lighting/music maybe?
Does Universal do any attraction overlays in the US?

Does Universal do any attraction overlays in the US?
Not that I know of unless it's part of HHN (Hollywood's backlot tour for example)

Edit: I just remembered that the Harry Potter areas in IOA and USF do have holiday overlays but just in the lands themselves. Nothing on the rides.

Last edited:
They should go and ahead approve that project to fill that expansion space. It’s really a no brainer and just adds extra capacity to already full land.
Agreed, considering this land is even slightly wider tells me they’re a tad worried about overall capacity. A massive playground in DK would help spread out the little toddler crowd away from the yoshi area, main courtyard, and games a bit more. Seems like a no brainer to have ready for opening.

It's well-established that I'm not as high on the HTTYD land as everyone else, but hopefully the show is great! Take the best elements of the Beijing version and tweak the things that don't fully work, and it should be wonderful.
What makes you not high on the land? Just curious, I love ya, but it seems like everything you’d want.

Animatronics on rides and throughout the land, extremely immersive settings with special effects throughout the land, and not one mention of screens. It sounds perfect for you!

What makes you not high on the land? Just curious, I love ya, but it seems like everything you’d want.

Animatronics on rides and throughout the land, extremely immersive settings with special effects throughout the land, and not one mention of screens. It sounds perfect for you!

I appreciate all that, and you make a compelling case, but I primarily wish the coaster was going to be more hidden (i.e. themed to a higher degree than it appears it will be). There still appear to be some unknowns, but short of making it look like a wooden coaster (which would kind of be in-theme for what a medieval-era Viking town could theoretically build), it's not something that inherently has my interest. Fingers crossed for the rumored interior show scenes to make the cut.

MANDATORY DISCLAIMER: I'm sure it will be a fun coaster, and I hope everyone loves it. Just because I'm not majorly enthused about something doesn't mean anybody else shouldn't be. If anything, I'm envious of you.

I appreciate all that, and you make a compelling case, but I primarily wish the coaster was going to be more hidden (i.e. themed to a higher degree than it appears it will be). There still appear to be some unknowns, but short of making it look like a wooden coaster (which would kind of be in-theme for what a medieval-era Viking town could theoretically build), it's not something that inherently has my interest. Fingers crossed for the rumored interior show scenes to make the cut.

MANDATORY DISCLAIMER: I'm sure it will be a fun coaster, and I hope everyone loves it. Just because I'm not majorly enthused about something doesn't mean anybody else shouldn't be. If anything, I'm envious of you.
No shame whatsoever, this land just sounds mostly up your lane from what I know of you!

I am not an insider, so this is a guess, but I expect AAs in those show scenes on the ride. I think coaster will add nice kinetic energy to an already active land.

The coaster is actually my least anticipated part of this land--much too similar to Hagrid's. But I love the combo of the sky fly, splash battle, and show!

I agree. The shops, eateries, and theming look great, but the land seems to lack a cornerstone, full-immersion ride of the type the other three lands feature. Perhaps the show will fill that gap, but theme park shows are tricky for a variety of reasons. It seems like a Splash level flume would have fit perfectly and would really have filled a gap in the parks overall offerings. Even a small dark ride might have helped. As is, it seems like at least two of the three rides in this more family-oriented land will have fairly high height restrictions, continuing an issue with the resort as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.