Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 170 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IOA opened with a total of about 12 rides (not including shows/attractions)

Yep, and while at the time I didn't mind because I was really into rollercoasters and thrill rides, I didn't realize until later how lacking it was in calm rides and attractions. There's been a few exceptions but generally it needs more of those to appeal to a wider demographic.

Reactions: Cheezbat
I can't imagine there only being these three IPs and the park not feeling quite small...

That's not 3 IPs. Two are brands w/ multiple IPs within them.

As I've said before, Id rather have a "Dreamworks" area than a "Kung Fu Panda" area. Ideally, I'd like to see mini-lands, but more of a "1-2 rides, 1-2 shops, 1-2 shows, 1-2 restaurants" type of vibe. Think World Showcase, but with Dreamwork's IPs instead of countries.

But the 3 areas @JungleSkip mentioned would be fine. Additionally, I'd like to see a land that is independent of a singular IP or brand. Example- New York, London, Lost Continent, Africa/Asia/Dino, Frontier/Adventure/Tomorrow/Fantasy, Hollywood. And house either multiple IPs or unique rides in there. Just look to DisneySea for inspiration.

Nothing from Lionsgate screams theme park to me. How in the world did the Hunger Games get a whole land?

It doesn't really matter. The reality of the situation is that Disney and Universal have stalled before allowing the other to get their claws into an IP which has turned into a hit.

I'm not saying that Lionsgate would ever be a hit in the theme park world but these huge media companies can find plenty of uses for another studio and everything that comes with it.

Nothing from Lionsgate screams theme park to me. How in the world did the Hunger Games get a whole land?
That whole theme park is a fiasco. They're sometimes lucky to get a couple of hundred people a day. Supposedly there's usually more employees than guests most days. The park is a joke and the IP is weak for a theme park.

That whole theme park is a fiasco. They're sometimes lucky to get a couple of hundred people a day. Supposedly there's usually more employees than guests most days. The park is a joke and the IP is weak for a theme park.
I think the basic idea is to spend the oil money as fast as they can on non oil stuff so they have an economy in the future. They want the parks to eventually grow tourism.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Yes, that's definitely the plan. Doesn't look like it will work though. All the parks are essentially dead.
I mean I have no plans to ever give them any money. I do remember tourism is Dubai being well on the upswing though.

Maybe but when Disney and Universal are buying up IPs like crazy, why not dangle an opportunity out there.
Disney isn't going to collect low grade IP for no reason. They have way more quality IP they could spend that money on attractions for.

I think there will be a zone "FANTASTIC BEASTS" in the New park (another period of the universe Rowling, other park).
I imagine a mountain in the middle of the park. around her, the areas. it will be anchored each time in the theme. (Jw, LoR, GRINCH ...) I think that there will be a zone ILLUMINATION, nintendo, FANTASTIC BEAST,

What’s JW?
Jurassic World

I would love to see 4 or 5 themed zones similar to the build of IOA that included a Monster zone as well as a Vintage Movie area that housed dynamic updated versions of all the old rides like Jaws and BTTF. For me nostalgia sells but I could see them scrapping old and appealing to a much younger fan base.

I don't know y'all, as much as I'd love it I hate to say I feel like we're never gonna get large scale attractions based on older classic attractions nor the classic monsters, it just doesn't feel like something modern Universal would do, but I'd love to be completely wrong:shrug:

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Status
Not open for further replies.