Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 204 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Epcot was a park on it's own, not in a resort, would it see the amount of guests entering as it does now...no.
If Epcot had no festival, even tough it is in a resort, would it see the amount of guests entering as it does now...no.
Would Universal Studio's ever had survived without HHN...hell no.
Events in a park are great to bring people to a dead park. It's the reason Sea World is doubling down on it. But in the end a theme park is a combination of themes and rides. That should be the main pull.

I still think that they will be smart with the fourth park and really make it so they can have a dedicated parade route through the park for broadcast worthy parades (Christmas, etc.). I also think that any Citywalk 2 would have a plaza for live performances and broadcasts. They make do with what they've got in the existing parks, I just think Comcast really wants to take on Disney more in these cross promotional events. Between the main stream (Today Show, Tonight Show, etc.) and NBCUniversal's other networks here in Florida (Telemundo, etc.) there are huge opportunities for cross promotions.

Please let this be for the preview center again. :drool:

Islands-of-Adventure-Preivew-Center-at-Universal-Studios-Florida-1024x683.jpg

The IoA preview center was AMAZING. Loved that thing. They'd be incredibly well-serviced to do something like that again for the UOR South.
IoA early attendance did not live up to expectations. Universal might skip the promotional plan used for that park. Still, it would be cool to see.

I noticed that someone actually said of this on Twitter, that they are moving Lockers into there.
PLEASE let this be true.

If we can get ride of those ugly lockers out front and create a better set up for them, it would be a big win for the park (right now it's a mad house at those lockers or even trying to get one on some days)

Reactions: Alicia

For those of you doubting that we could get an RMC, take a look at this concept. It never goes over 100 ft (maybe not even 70 ft), it's launched, it could fit nicely into a background, and it's probably the best, and most realistic, RMC concept I've ever seen. It even has a small footprint.

Sounds like JW is off the table here? JP revamp sounds more likely based on latest news from Hollywood.
Yea, that has been the rumor for a few months now. Looks like something new will be built at the old Triceratops Discovery Trail too, so I wonder if it was a concept ported over from blue sky 4th park ideas.

Controversial Opinion: I don't get why everyone is against having a large thrill coaster in this park. It wouldn't break immersion if themed properly, Universal has large thrill coasters in both of its other parks, they're also building a park with multiple large thrill coasters in China, and it would also but the park on the map for roller coaster enthusiasts like myself. It's not like there won't be any other non-thrill coasters in the park, either.

No, the coaster doesn't have to be super tall and go over a bunch of park pathways. But there will be one in the park, I guarantee it.

Controversial Opinion: I don't get why everyone is against having a large thrill coaster in this park. It wouldn't break immersion if themed properly, Universal has large thrill coasters in both of its other parks, they're also building a park with multiple large thrill coasters in China, and it would also but the park on the map for roller coaster enthusiasts like myself. It's not like there won't be any other non-thrill coasters in the park, either.

No, the coaster doesn't have to be super tall and go over a bunch of park pathways. But there will be one in the park, I guarantee it.
Because we want this park to be better. Tokyo DisneySea level.

Status
Not open for further replies.