Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 227 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the current park which already has them. I’m saying this park should be different. The coasters there need to be more new HP/Everest and less Hulk.

To say this, they could just have the coasters themed into the environment, not too high and well themed to not just be exposed steel. Is that really so freaking hard to do?

But that said, I hope they strike a mix between having things to do for Indoor and Outdoor attractions, as it should be antithesis of both USF and IOA in a particular way that offers variety for everyone, regardless of age, height, or weight.

I am not saying though, to make it kid friendly. I do think they need to strike the balance, and to do it nicely to make the first park of the Southern property something that'd not only be widely popular for everyone, but highly immersive and enticing for Multi-Day visits..

I’m really hoping that they go for the Virtual Line system in this park, or they at least have something like the Tapu-Tapu. It would work better in a theme park setting, especially in a extremely-interactive one like this is rumored to be.

God please no.

I don’t see why not? People love the Tapu-Tapu when it works, and it’s a genius idea for the restaurants and shops in the park, and for the guests as well.

You don’t have to carry a credit card around, you aren’t standing in a line for hours on end, and, if they choose to do complementary food, you wouldn’t have to carry food vouchers or a wristband that’ll tear and get wet as you explore the park.

I don’t see why not? People love the Tapu-Tapu when it works, and it’s a genius idea for the restaurants and shops in the park, and for the guests as well.

You don’t have to carry a credit card around, you aren’t standing in a line for hours on end, and, if they choose to do complementary food, you wouldn’t have to carry food vouchers or a wristband that’ll tear and get wet as you explore the park.

Instead of standing in line for hours on end you stand around with nothing to do and see 1/2 the rides you normally would because all the slots are booked up.

Virtual lines for an entire park would be a disaster

Reactions: SeventyOne
Instead of standing in line for hours on end you stand around with nothing to do and see 1/2 the rides you normally would because all the slots are booked up.

Virtual lines for an entire park would be a disaster

The way I would do it, it wouldn’t be the entire park.

Shows, flat rides, interactive elements, meet & greets, and maybe even smaller rides like Yoshi and other rides with high-capacity, they would all be regular-access. Only the higher tier rides -roller coasters, heavy dark rides, water rides- would be virtual. And the park could adjust the access according to which rides are more popular, and which rides are least popular. Certain meet & greets could be virtual as well.

Last edited:
I’m really hoping that they go for the Virtual Line system in this park, or they at least have something like the Tapu-Tapu. It would work better in a theme park setting, especially in a extremely-interactive one like this is rumored to be.
I think it works for VB because you have the lazy river and pools and such

I expect queues will be more like Fallon/F&F/Kong moving forwards

I do expect Universal to implement something like MM+ soon though

I think it would be hilarious if Universal was the first Florida park to have a giga
Isn’t Mako a giga?
The JP coaster isn’t even confirmed to be a coaster yet.

No, but the actual coaster part hasn’t been confirmed yet, either. We’ll see when construction starts.
Then why are people saying that Uni isn’t attempting to make themed rides from now on? Where is there evidence for that? They haven’t made an attraction with exposed steel since 2009, and they took two down last year. I bet we see no exposed steel at this new park.

There’ll still be exposed steel in other areas though. These are roller coaster we’re talking about.
Well DK doesn’t count as exposed steel, as it’ll be a faux track above the real track.

Any other examples and I’ll eat my words, but it just seems like Uni’s trying to go hyper-themed for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.