Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention DisneyHead is the one that brought this up probably well over a year ago lol I agree with the relax.
It doesn;'t exactly take long to come up with the idea either. It's the most obvious thing to focus a Wonka ride around.

Reactions: Fatality
`
How about a pager system. You do the factory part as slow as you want and if you don't want to ride the ride you give back the pager when you are done. But if you want to ride you go to the line when your number is called. Similar to Dumbo.

The pager idea sounds great actually.

Izzy: Thanks for the reminder that Disneyhead brought it up in the past. I mentioned a few pages back that I remembered talk about on the forums for LC a couple of years ago, but I couldn't remember who brought it up. Good lookin out.:)

Reactions: Fatality
Izzy: Thanks for the reminder that Disneyhead brought it up in the past. I mentioned a few pages back that I remembered talk about on the forums for LC a couple of years ago, but I couldn't remember who brought it up. Good lookin out.:)

Glad someone appreciates my memory, my husband usually hates that I remember everything :)

It sounded like it was a Blue Sky concept within Universal. So I imagine it could be a real possibility for a 3rd park. I think one thing that is hard or tricky with figuring out what IPs will be included in the 3rd park is that we know nothing of the direction of the third park. Will it have some effort to have a theme or just a anything goes type park.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Glad someone appreciates my memory, my husband usually hates that I remember everything :)

It sounded like it was a Blue Sky concept within Universal. So I imagine it could be a real possibility for a 3rd park. I think one thing that is hard or tricky with figuring out what IPs will be included in the 3rd park is that we know nothing of the direction of the third park. Will it have some effort to have a theme or just a anything goes type park.
What would you prefer to see Izzy? I'd love to hear some of the IPs or ideas / themes you enjoy. :)

Reactions: Mad Dog
What would you prefer to see Izzy? I'd love to hear some of the IPs or ideas / themes you enjoy. :)

Days of Our Lives Experience? lol No seriously, I don't know if there is a theme, concept, or IP I am hoping for. I mean I have IPs that I loved either growing up, or now, but most of them I couldn't see translated into theme parks. Like Star Gate while I love and would love to walk thru the portal, it wouldn't be realistic and I feel is too niche of a market. I loved video games growing up, even worked in a used video game store where I got to play games all the time. I still love them when I have time to play, so I am very excited for Nintendo Land and I do feel like the better more popular IPs not used in Kidzone like Zelda will show up in a 3rd park. I love sports, but see no concepts sports related that would ever work in theme parks, love board games and again outside of Toy Story see no way of doing that concept. Same with major trading card games like Magic the gathering, too niche, and no way to turn it into a ride. I do see HP going into the 3rd park in some way. I do see Star Trek going into the 3rd park in some way, but outside of Voyager I haven't really watched the show that much so I couldn't begin to predict how it would be done. So let's see, I see 3 things so far. Zelda, HP, and Star Trek. I honestly can't think of anything else. I went to Hard Rock Park the one season it was open, I don't see music translating to a theme park like UC beyond a roller coaster which has already been done. I think there will be an illumination property somewhere in there. Maybe even a movie we haven't heard of yet. I am truly stumped on what the other lands could be. It is honestly why I don't post much on this thread, I can't see a clear this will be done other than Zelda and HP. Even Star Trek for me is a maybe.

I honestly don't think niche content is a bad thing. When it comes down to theme parks, they provide escape from everyday life. Disney is an escape for most etc etc. When it comes down to a theme park, it shouldn't cater to what's most popular today or the number of people who like something but rather or not they can provide a proper attraction for it.

A lot of people don't have an interest in Hello Kitty however having Hello Kitty in the park despite not liking it is pretty awesome because while I don't like it, I have five friends who do and while they don't like the Simpson now they have something that they will enjoy while we are in the park as they enjoy Sanrio.

Yea its awesome having the biggest IPs in a park but sometimes its not what needed and just because an IP is big doesn't necessarily mean it needs to go into a theme park aka Hunger Games, the Tyler Perry Madea films, Taken, Mission Impossible. Sometimes those box office flops like Waterworld turn into amazing attractions.

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but what are the odds of another Seuss area? Put the Grinch Coaster and Lorax ride concept, and maybe flesh it out with some smaller things? Or will Nintendo be the only kiddy type area in the new park?

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but what are the odds of another Seuss area? Put the Grinch Coaster and Lorax ride concept, and maybe flesh it out with some smaller things? Or will Nintendo be the only kiddy type area in the new park?

Not very good. :lol:

You can see a Seuss expansion down the line though.

My wish would be for something as audacious as Disneysea or Epcot were on opening, but I'd be happy with something that lies in-between that kind of more 'out there' truly-unique theme-park planning and something more traditional like Magic Kingdom or IOA. As long as it's beautiful and full of attention and details, because that is what's going to be needed.
It won't happen, but imagine if they were ballsy enough to create a truly Non-IP park?! Oh my!
Why not dream for the stars people! :)

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
My wish would be for something as audacious as Disneysea or Epcot were on opening, but I'd be happy with something that lies in-between that kind of more 'out there' truly-unique theme-park planning and something more traditional like Magic Kingdom or IOA. As long as it's beautiful and full of attention and details, because that is what's going to be needed.
It won't happen, but imagine if they were ballsy enough to create a truly Non-IP park?! Oh my!

I think that there will be atleast 1 to 2 Non-IPs for when they have the Third Gate..the question is; are they going to go Disneysea level of detail in the themed environments, and immersion. I have to assume, that its their goal to do that; as it makes total sense.

I think that there will be atleast 1 to 2 Non-IPs for when they have the Third Gate..the question is; are they going to go Disneysea level of detail in the themed environments, and immersion. I have to assume, that its their goal to do that; as it makes total sense.

I think the theming of Volcano Bay could give a clue about how detailed and creative the new park could be. With all the new developments in the industry I'm amazed to see what they come up with and by the time this park opens, it will have been over 20 years since the newest park in Orlando opened.

Disneysea, although great, does have IPs...Epcot was a huge fail when it first opened as well..

But I see what you're saying...experimentation is key in continuing the company forward

Disneysea, although great, does have IPs...Epcot was a huge fail when it first opened as well..

But I see what you're saying...experimentation is key in continuing the company forward

Epcot was not a huge failure when it opened. It had 150% of the projected attendance.

The idea that EPCOT Center was any sort of failure was dreamed up by the powers that be in the mid 90's to explain away the losses caused by building MGM and AK too soon and too small instead of expanding Epcot. They created the "market is mature" myth as well. It took Potter opening to prove the market is quite young.

Status
Not open for further replies.