Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 264 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you mean like MSHI before they switched to Marvel?
82b98f69ecc0092d13e623e3d883dbc4.jpg

Exactly

Reactions: Alicia
While I would lov Gotham City it just doesn’t seem likely. Now if Disneyhead was actually hinting at WB coming than Scooby and Looney Toons would be a good get. Those seem to fit more with the audience the new park is point towards. Also would like a Scooby ride to have different “monsters” on different ride throughs.

I think this is a grass is always greener situation. If we got Gotham, we would be glamouring over MSHI. It's amazing just how similar Spider-Man and Superman were story wise.

Here's some more info if you're feeling curious:

I love the idea of Looney Tunes but I think it would be too similar to Toon Lagoon.

I think this is a grass is always greener situation. If we got Gotham, we would be glamouring over MSHI. It's amazing just how similar Spider-Man and Superman were story wise.

Here's some more info if you're feeling curious:

I love the idea of Looney Tunes but I think it would be too similar to Toon Lagoon.

Perhaps it could be as opposed to Gotham, Metropolis? Dhabi also has that, but the difference is that they have a bit more of a mix of three's (simulated experiences), and so-far; I've heard great things of the Green Lantern I-Ride that they have there in the Metropolis area.

Reactions: Scott W.

I'm in no way saying the exact same concept as what was planned for IoA. I'm saying something on the same level.

And as much as I love Spider-Man, the DC comics concept was just stronger from top to bottom than what we see from MSHI.

If we do get a classic monsters section, I would love if we got a year round haunt! They could even plus it a little during HHN times and promote HHN at it.

As far as thinking about some different ideas:

1) Minions World! The current ride at Universal will get replaced and we will get a full blown Minions land. The property is big enough. Heck, another movie is coming out in 2020. They could create multiple rides, meet and greets and even have a character meet and greet dining experience (something Universal is really lacking).

2) Secret Life of Pets. A family friendly classic dark ride filled with AA's. I know it's been pitched and rumored in the past so this could be something easy to toss in. Plus a sequel is coming out next year.

3) A true Fast and Furious ride. Take the Test Track model and just advance it in every possible way. High speed racing other cars, stunts, fire, etc. Still two new movies coming out between now and 2021. This franchise is huge and deserves a much better ride! Keep the current F&F ride for a few years after opening before re-themeing it as something new.

4) An entire "Illumination" world. A Grinch land with a ride based on the new movie they have coming out. Toss in Secret Life of Pets and Minions themed lands into this "world" and you have another family friendly area like Dreamworks with land set aside for expansion when they have new movies released.

I don't think current IP's in the park are locked out from being brought over. We are already talking about a possible Far, Far Away area. Why not a Bumblebee themed coaster? I also don't think "non-traditional" IP's are out of the question either. Something like a Stranger Things dark ride in the monsters area.

I'm in no way saying the exact same concept as what was planned for IoA. I'm saying something on the same level.

And as much as I love Spider-Man, the DC comics concept was just stronger from top to bottom than what we see from MSHI.

I agree, I think technology has moved on a crazy amount and I’m excited to see what could happen with it.

I think all the concepts we’ve seen were Universal pitching everything and probably would have ended up similar to what we got with MSHI in scale although the facades would have looked incredible. MSHI did have some crazy concept art compared to what we got:
s-l1600 (4).jpg
I'm surprised Stranger Things is not in the mix. Could fit well for a ride.

I think HHN is enough for Stranger Things but Netflix has a lot to offer and it could be the start of a great relationship.

If we do get a classic monsters section, I would love if we got a year round haunt! They could even plus it a little during HHN times and promote HHN at it.

As far as thinking about some different ideas:

1) Minions World! The current ride at Universal will get replaced and we will get a full blown Minions land. The property is big enough. Heck, another movie is coming out in 2020. They could create multiple rides, meet and greets and even have a character meet and greet dining experience (something Universal is really lacking).

2) Secret Life of Pets. A family friendly classic dark ride filled with AA's. I know it's been pitched and rumored in the past so this could be something easy to toss in. Plus a sequel is coming out next year.

3) A true Fast and Furious ride. Take the Test Track model and just advance it in every possible way. High speed racing other cars, stunts, fire, etc. Still two new movies coming out between now and 2021. This franchise is huge and deserves a much better ride! Keep the current F&F ride for a few years after opening before re-themeing it as something new.

4) An entire "Illumination" world. A Grinch land with a ride based on the new movie they have coming out. Toss in Secret Life of Pets and Minions themed lands into this "world" and you have another family friendly area like Dreamworks with land set aside for expansion when they have new movies released.

I don't think current IP's in the park are locked out from being brought over. We are already talking about a possible Far, Far Away area. Why not a Bumblebee themed coaster? I also don't think "non-traditional" IP's are out of the question either. Something like a Stranger Things dark ride in the monsters area.

I hope that Supercharged hasn't put Universal off the idea of a F&F ride. If anything, it's shown them that we want more and we've all pitched our own ideas for our perfect experience. The 4th park could be a great opportunity for them to right their wrongs. I think Mario Kart would be the biggest obstacle in it getting built.

Last edited:
If we do end up getting DC/WB properties, it would end up explaining that fifth land that I can't figure out. So far, we could have:

• Nintendo (SNW, Pokemon, Zelda, any other properties)
  • DreamWorks (HTTYD, Shrek, Trolls)
  • Classic Monsters (Frankenstein, Dracula, Werewolves)
  • Fantastic Beasts
But, no matter what, I can't figure out the fifth area. No LOTR, Sanrio, Star Trek, Godzilla. I guess they could count a Nintendo property, but I don't think they'd do that. There's something missing.

And that's assuming that they get Classic Monsters or Fantastic Beasts. We don't know if those are coming for sure.

Are we pretty much confirming that jaws and back to the future will not come back as new ride versions at Universal in the future? I guess I understand why some people want to move on from classic universal but their ar e always new things to add that we haven't seen before. Why not a close encounters of the third kind attraction? Would fit well in a sci-do area. I see you can tell my ideas are classics but want them refreshed in a 4th gate. Your saying rhats not possible. Would they ever replace jaws with the meg from Warner bros lol just thought I would ask. Since shark attacks still seem to be relevant. I am surprised no one wants jaws at a new park. Kong was brought back.

Are we pretty much confirming that jaws and back to the future will not come back as new ride versions at Universal in the future? I guess I understand why some people want to move on from classic universal but their ar e always new things to add that we haven't seen before. Why not a close encounters of the third kind attraction? Would fit well in a sci-do area. I see you can tell my ideas are classics but want them refreshed in a 4th gate. Your saying rhats not possible. Would they ever replace jaws with the meg from Warner bros lol just thought I would ask. Since shark attacks still seem to be relevant. I am surprised no one wants jaws at a new park. Kong was brought back.

Who knows. Sorry it’s a disappointing answer but that’s the truth at this point.

Here's my prediction of a fourth universal park not likely but I'll do it......

-Sci Fi Area
Star Trek, Back to the Future, Close Encounters of the Third Kind/or Wars of the Worlds, Godzilla, Ready Player One, Terminator comeback (since their will be more films).
-Horror Area
Wolf Man, Frankenstein, Dracula, Creature from the black lagoon, Dr. Jekyll & Mr Hyde, Invisible Man, Jaws(not related to classic monsters)
-Fantasy area
Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
I know they already have a dragon themed to harry potter at IOA but it would be cool to see Smaug in a attraction somehow someway, Fantastic Beasts, Jurassic World area-bring in a mossasaur attraction that's if Jaws fails to comeback.

Reactions: belloq87
My hopes:

1. Super Nintendo World: Mario Kart, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Splatoon
  2. DreamWorks Country: Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon, Trolls
  3. Transylvania: Dracula, Frankenstein, Creature from the Black Lagoon
  4. Central City: Batman, Flash, Aquaman, Shazam (Superman/Wonder Woman saved for expansion)
  5. Fantastic Beasts: Paris setting
  • Hub would be based near a mountain that lies near the back of the park, and take inspiration from Roman mythos.

BTTF probably isn't going to return because the creators don't want to make new movies for the franchise. Zemeckis and Gale have said a remake/reboot/sequel wouldn't happen in their lifetimes, and I don't see Universal building a ride for an IP that's basically not going anywhere for a couple decades...

I don't think this will be a whole separate resort area. Universal wants to be WDW, not to confuse tourists with more Escape bullcrap. I really think that "Epic Universe" is a marketing gimmick/tagline, that or UOR's subtitle or byline as a whole. The resort, or "Epic Universe" will be made up of three separate areas: the original one, the Endless Summer resorts and Fantastic Worlds area. All three, hopefully connected by some sort of transportation, will become essentially Uni's own WDW. A weeklong destination. Of course, in order for this to work, there needs to be a reason to visit Endless Summer if you're not staying there, so I'm curious to see if Uni has any plans to add some sort of attraction of any kind over there.
If they give each area a name, such as the original campus as Epic Universe, the Wet N Wild property as Endless Summer, and perhaps something else for then new property, it would all kind of make sense. Especially given how long the Endless Summer resort names are as is, instead of simply calling it Surfside or Dockside. Whats there will probably be pretty limited, but will probably have some water activities on the lake. I feel like there is one more trademark down the pipeline.

If they were to make a DC land, Universal would probably make a deal with Six Flags that gives SF a small portion of the profit and exclusive marketing regions (For example, Universal couldn’t broadcast advertisements for the land in certain cities like Philadelphia, St. Louis, Atlanta, Dallas, and Houston. Marketing in Chicago and NYC would be permitted due to population)

I mean Universal would probably love calling themselves the Super Hero Destination of Orlando, but just don’t see DC happening. Marvel/Disney would probably disagree also.

Status
Not open for further replies.