Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 282 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is literally nothing else to pull from for Potter, though. The only slightest bit notable location left is the MoM which makes absolutely zero sense outside of London.

Yes, in some ways true. Although a strong argument could be made for The Burrows.

Which begs the question, what the heck are they basing an entire land off of in the first Fantastic Beasts movie? Most of the movie takes place in the Muggle world. The MACUSA is featured, albeit not all that much (in a single movie of a planned 5).

I'm not opposed 100% to Fantastic Beasts as a whole (if it actually remains successful), but more basing an entire Hogwarts or Diagon style land off the first movie. Especially because they quickly returned to Europe with the franchise. By Potter location I don't mean somewhere Harry physically was, but something with a little more book lore like the competitor schools is ok.

This biggest problem I still see is that this is not a Universal franchise. They have no ball in the game with establishing Fantastic Beasts as a legitimate sub-franchise. They need to pick a Wizarding World location appealing to the most number of people. 9 out of 10 that's not going to be from an off-shoot prequel.

Yes I fully admit my bias is that I am a fan of the books first of all. That's also the general problem, you cannot completely eschew the books when considering who your optimal target audience is.

Reactions: Awakening
So using a gallery on imgur, I have detailed my park icon/entrance hub for the park using 30 or so reference graphics and descriptions on the bottom of each image.

500 years ago, some of the worlds greatest thinkers, philosophers, artists, and scientists from all over the world got together and decided that it was necessary to make a utopia. With kings and queens trying to rule the world, the group decided for their safety, they must operate in the shadows and decided to become a secret society called Innovatus. Year by year, membership grew with those who influenced, impacted, and changed culture/society being selected to join, researching and creating to share with later generations their plans, their works, their skills so they can make a more perfect world. Never once did the secret leak. Over time, they began to get worried their utopia would ever exist. After so many years of wars, so much heartache, and some much pain, they decided that it was indeed time to step up in creating a perfect world, full of amusement and fun, a world so fantastic so unique that you would never have a worry again. However they finally realized they couldn't make this utopia on Earth so they kept recruiting great people at the time after they made landmark innovation to build and expand.

Selecting a large amount of engineers and infiltrating space agencies around the world, they worked hard to create space travel to find a new home to reside. Once, the first rocket launch occurred, Innovatus decided it was their chance to move to a new world and start working double time. Using Galileo's old data hidden away from public eye, they discovered there was a planet suitable for life and just right to make as a new home, a new world, a utopia. They finally could implement their plan. Coordinating with members of the society in the US government and the Soviet leadership, they began conducting convert missions and the space race of 1960s as a guise to travel to create/populate another world suitable for life. On July 20, a spacecraft carrying 80 passengers set forth for their new home. In Dec 1969, they managed to make it to a planet so rip and perfect. The first settlers decided to call this fantastic world called Universa and things were good for a while.

The scientists started to get bored with the lack of supplies for experiments, the architects were tired of being limited to simple designs. Innovantus leadership knew they had to change how they were doing things.

With space travel taking a toll on most travelers and the time it took for materials to arrive, Innovatus realized they must make a faster way to travel. Coordinating with members back in the states, they began working hard on a plan. Using Newton's laws of physic as well as data from Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Albert Einstein, Madeleine L'Engle, and Hedy LLamar, they discovered there was a way to create a portal that took them back to Earth. What they didn't account for was this portal opening up to other worlds. One of Kind worlds never before seen by man. But also lands so dangerous and perfect, humankind may potentially get lost and never want to leave. On June 7th, 1990, the descendants and occupants of Universa had to make a choice. If they left the portals open, the perfect world they created would be destroyed due to the influences of the other worlds. They decided to close it. Over the 28 years, most people on Earth have forgotten about Universa. With all communications cut off, it was impossible to know it existed. That was until this week.

Yesterday, we received our first signal. The people of Universa realized that this world and the worlds the land opens to can be a reprise in a chaotic world we live in today. They hope it makes us be better by relaxing us, entertaining us, and inspiring us. Universa is divided into 4 sections: Eureka: city of the future, Ieri: Suburbs of Yesterday, Origin: The Beginning Ruins, and lastly the underwater city of Faoi Uisce.

Eureka is the main city floating high in the sky connected to Ieri and Origin. Huge and Small airships float about, railcars whizz by overhead, sweet smells of candy apples, popcorn, and the brightest lights of night envelope your senses. Inspired by Jules Verne, Leonardo Di Vinci, and a classic sense of Americana, this city is what the hubble lumb is all about. Technology is at it finest here where you will find the latest gadgets and gizmos to prepare you for when you visit other worlds. With interiors influenced by Old England, Victorian, Steampunk, and exotic design...this area is for the hippest of people. In the center of town you will find the observatory...home to the 4 portals to other worlds and elevator leading to the sub where you can explore Faoi Uisce.

Ieri was the city before Eureka....now converted in a huge playground for youth. Inspired by art and using recycled materials, they made an art installion so large and unique where you climb and play and grow whilst appreciating culture at the same time. Air ships and bikes fly around but mainly more rudimentary designs and perfect for children and for the timid to enjoy. The smell of BBQ lingers here.

Origin, the beginning ruins are where the first settlers lived and settled. Using a fusion of African and Asian design, they created a nature based utopia for relaxing and recharging after a long day....but beware of the animals that may live in the gardens. Smells of nature and flowers invigorate the senses here.

Lastly for major areas within the world is Faoi Uisce, the underwater city. Innovatus wanted to see if there was a way human life could sustain living under water as living underwater would be a key to avoid the struggles of storms, earthquakes, droughts, etc as they would not be affected by it. They were successful and created the city of Faoi Uisce, remiscent of Atlantis with people being able to breathe underwater after drinking a sweet elixir. However for us tourists, the elixir had an intoxicating effect and caused us to instantly get black out drunk...so in order to open the world up for tourist, they created elaborate underwater walkways with oxygen pumping through so we can survive as well as subs to take us on a tour of their city. Pasta and elaborate drinks are here.

The observatory is the key to everything. The Observatory holds the portal. Walk through the glassed covered walkway through the main doors. Within the courtyard with a great pond and fountain are stairs leading upstairs to the observatory and downstairs to the port for the ships that lead to Faoi Uisce. Up in the observatory you can see all the worlds and Earth which you came from. There are 4 portals leading to lands here as well.

It's a cool idea, if a little too close to Plus Ultra for comfort.

If they were going for indoor, a neat idea is to have a stylistic take on the Griffith Observatory be the entrance, with the telescope protruding out the side. You enter into a stylish, enormous lobby. Flanked on the sides are a two-story giftshop and a two-story restaurant, with various amenities such as security, first aid, lockers tucked in the corners. In the front is the entrance into the Visitors Center... we go into one of two enormous preshow rooms, of which hold approximately 200 visitors. We are greeted with a laboratory, filled with knick-knacks and such pertaining to the four worlds we'll see later.

Suddenly, sparks go off in the background. A voice tells us, "Just a minute! I'm finishing up an experiment!" Thru musion, we're greeted with The Observer, a CGI cartoon character with lab goggles at his forehead and wearing a labcoat. Think Dr. E. Gadd from Luigi's Mansion but a little more restrained. He explains to us that this is his observatory, and goes into great detail about how telescopes broadened our search into deep space and finding new worlds... except observers of the past such as Galileo were never able to actually explore them. Not until today, as he's devised a way to reach out into these worlds, portals to other dimensions via wormholes and unlock their secrets. The stage floor then rises to reveal a vault door that unlocks as guiderails descend in front of us, and slides out to reveal the portal room: the enter of the observatory with the enormous telescope in the center, connected to the four doors surrounding us. At the controls is The Observer as an AA, informing you about the worlds that you will enter during your journey. He also tells you to be on the look out for some items he left on his own adventures, and that he may join you every now and then. (there will be a hidden Observer figurine in each land, not to mention hidden objects in the queues)

Of course, there is an option to exit back into the lobby at the end of your day, or if you want to go to the restaurant at the exit.

Just something I threw together.

Like .000001% of the people that go to this park will ever or have ever visited TDS. And MI isn’t really the hub, and there’s not many buildings. If you made it a town with that aesthetic, no one will know the difference

You can add Disneyland Paris to the list as it has the same style. Then again, so does Toothsome.

I would much prefer the steam punk look over a reserved realistic look.

Reactions: Magic-Man
W8p8Hsk.png

How's this for a concept for the park's layout + "worlds"?

I love the idea, even if I do have a couple of problems with it.

Am I the only one who can’t see Universal building a Christmas area? It would offend a ton of people that don’t have their holiday present, not to mention the Christians who believe that Christmas is celebrated wrong in normal society.

I’m surprised that Trolls/Shrek isn’t on there, but KFP is. Same with Zelda and Pokémon.

Also, I have a feeling that they won’t do New York again. If they do split FB into two parts, it would be Paris and wherever they choose to go in the third FB film.

I love the idea, even if I do have a couple of problems with it.

Am I the only one who can’t see Universal building a Christmas area? It would offend a ton of people that don’t have their holiday present, not to mention the Christians who believe that Christmas is celebrated wrong in normal society.

I’m surprised that Trolls/Shrek isn’t on there, but KFP is. Same with Zelda and Pokémon.

Also, I have a feeling that they won’t do New York again. If they do split FB into two parts, it would be Paris and wherever they choose to go in the third FB film.

I think if Uni goes the “Christmas land” route it’ll be called like “Winter Wonderland” where it doesn’t feature specific holidays, just a general winter themed area.

I mean they celebrate Christmas yearly and no one bats an eye. Don’t see how a holiday world would cause an issue.

But that’s at a specific time, not all year. It could cause some problems.

I think if Uni goes the “Christmas land” route it’ll be called like “Winter Wonderland” where it doesn’t feature specific holidays, just a general winter themed area.

You’d figure that they would have Rudolph, and with Rudolph comes Santa. But Frosty could work without Santa for the most part.

There's a high chance we're looking at the 'World' theme a bit too much. I don't think they need to shoehorn the word into every area.

If this speculation was happening 20-odd years ago for IOA would we have been assuming every area was an Island? Seuss Island, Jurassic Island etc.

I would just hate to see a decent name for an area passed on just because it doesn't have 'World' in it.

Wouldn’t that exclude the Halloween-section of the World, though?

Honestly, I'm just referring to what they would classify them as.

I'd love it if they'd do this,

Area name: Joy to The Holidays
Surname (Halloween): Twisted Peaks
- This area would be disguised as a small town on a highway, as around it, lies unknown activity that is said to give fear in it's own way.
- Themed around the time of Halloween, the area would be home to House with the Clock in its Walls and the Classic Monsters. There would also be a expansion plot
Surname (Holidays): Winter Wonderland
- Within the Winter landscape, lies a Ski village as the town has a year long celebration of the Winter Holidays.
- This area could be home to Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph, and more; as the area doesn't celebrate a specific holiday of that period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.