Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 280 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good because I don't want to give TPR any more clicks.

There was also that, yes. ;)

That said, I would love to see BSG incorporated somehow for Gate 4; as it'd be a completely unique take on the dueling coaster experience. Hell, I'd argue it's something that has never really been done before for the states, and it'd be a potentially great way to market the park. A coaster that can accomodate both the families and the thrillseekers.

Combine that with an semi-original SciFi land with maybe one more IP and I think that'd be a great choice. It's also a Universal property too, which is an added plus.

I would like to remind people that it doesn't have to be a big IP to catch people's attention. And to be honest, I would look at BSG as the superior dueling coaster when compared to DD and DC.

I'll give the coaster credit, because it does look pretty fun (although, the Human side looks a little boring). However, I do not some them cloning it. They just got rid of a coaster just like it with Dragon Challenge, so why would they do it again?

I could possibly see a coaster like it, with an updated layout. Imagine the current layout, but more spread out, not as compact. Add some airtime to the Human side, another inversion to the Cylon side. Maybe in the hub? No way it goes in as a land.

But why wouldn't you build a better, more thrilling coaster? Flying Dinosaur. Maverick. F.L.Y. Hyperion. There's an infinite amount of coasters you can use. Out of all of them, you pick that one? Why?

---------------------------

As for a Sci-Fi land, I just don't think that there's enough there. Classic Monsters/Holiday World is a better choice, and it's not even close.

I'll give the coaster credit, because it does look pretty fun (although, the Human side looks a little boring). However, I do not some them cloning it. They just got rid of a coaster just like it with Dragon Challenge, so why would they do it again?

I could possibly see a coaster like it, with an updated layout. Imagine the current layout, but more spread out, not as compact. Add some airtime to the Human side, another inversion to the Cylon side. Maybe in the hub? No way it goes in as a land.

But why wouldn't you build a better, more thrilling coaster? Flying Dinosaur. Maverick. F.L.Y. Hyperion. There's an infinite amount of coasters you can use. Out of all of them, you pick that one? Why?

---------------------------

I'd rather want a coaster that feels like it fits into the structure of the area it is in, than that mess of a flying coaster.

tumblr_nyvzjt9hvz1rkvl19o1_400.gif

Please tell me how these steel supports are themed?

I'm saying you can theme the Flying Dinosaur, or something like it. I'm not saying that USJ's version is themed.

Put some trees around it, and it already looks ten times better than BSG. Surround some sections of the track with theming. Buildings, rockwork. You can't do that on BSG, it's too crowded.

Well then, someone post some pictures of inspirational observatories from around the world. I would like to see what the few of you are thinking of.

I would have to think it'd have to be more of an original take on the observatory asthetic.

Honestly, if that'd be a direction they'd go; that can easily lead into a 360 theater attraction as the E-Ticket. Perhaps it can be as if there are three theaters, and they all use the same ride system as IMG Hulk. And that the area surrounding it, can be a futuristic and stylish landscape, urban yet beautiful in design. Almost in a way, of a Shanghai Tomrorowland crossed with the theming of Singapore's Sci-Fi City.

Reactions: Magic-Man
The problem that I see with an observatory,or a type of steam punk land for the Hub area, is that it's too similar to the Jules Verne style hub area of Disney Sea. I can understand wanting this park to have the immersive quality of Disney Sea, but I don't think it's wise to do a knock off of it. I think Universal needs a more unique icon for that hub land.

The problem that I see with an observatory,or a type of steam punk land for the Hub area, is that it's too similar to the Jules Verne style hub area of Disney Sea. I can understand wanting this park to have the immersive quality of Disney Sea, but I don't think it's wise to do a knock off of it. I think Universal needs a more unique icon for that hub land.

Like .000001% of the people that go to this park will ever or have ever visited TDS. And MI isn’t really the hub, and there’s not many buildings. If you made it a town with that aesthetic, no one will know the difference

Reactions: SeventyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.