Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 301 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss Jaws and back to the future they may never return but i did hear recently that a new pinball VR game was announced from Oculus rift this is meaningless but it still shows Joe how popular these oldies are today not just about amusement parks but VG.
Check these, I got them on PS4 and they came out this year. It has Jaws, ET and Back to the Future:
Universal Classics™ Pinball – Zen Studios

That all is something just put together for announcement marketing purposes. The finished product will be relatively different in both the park concept art and the map. Really not even worth paying much attention to anything in that release, short of Universal and China government entities are building a theme park in Beijing.

Reactions: tankart150
The show-buildings/dark rides seen on the map, are they fake as well? Because that map seems like it has an odd layout.

Anything that is going on at the portion that'll be USB (G1), the CityWalk, and a few of the hotels should be more than concrete..

that said, there was an update to the map found on Themeparx, that seems to indicate that they may be getting a version of the Potter coaster being developed right now for Orlando. So they could change things up in varying ways.

I know Sheikra is right down the road, but what if Universal decided to have a dive-coaster as the new park's main thrill ride? We've already seen that it can be themed extremely well (Baron 1898) and have a unique layout (Yukon Striker). It wouldn't be a bad addition to the Universal coaster lineup.

EDIT: Pictures of Baron and Yukon below.

38916748172_ca0719175a_b.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, the Beijing maps for public consumption are just placeholders to prevent intellectual property theft.

China's like the wild west right now; there's hundreds of theme parks being built by low quality/low cost operators as well as dozens being built by the largest theme park operators in the world.

Universal can't put any information out into the public sphere that might be taken/stolen and copied by somebody else before they're ready to begin presenting the park to the public.

Reactions: HPFred and Mad Dog
I know Sheikra is right down the road, but what if Universal decided to have a dive-coaster as the new park's main thrill ride? We've already seen that it can be themed extremely well (Baron 1898) and have a unique layout (Yukon Striker). It wouldn't be a bad addition to the Universal coaster lineup.

EDIT: Pictures of Baron and Yukon below.

38916748172_ca0719175a_b.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I think a B&M Wing coaster would be a better addition, the closest one to Orlando is in Tennessee.

I think a B&M Wing coaster would be a better addition, the closest one to Orlando is in Tennessee.
Yeah, a highly themed and compact B&M Wingcoaster like what's currently seen at Heide Park would be a better fit, and would bring more diversity as opposed to a dive coaster or a flyer.

The only way I see Universal attempting to build a wing-coaster is if it’s launched, similar to Thunderbird at Holiday World and Furious Baco at Port Adventura. That way, you don’t have to deal with the extremely tall lift.

Reactions: tankart150
Status
Not open for further replies.