Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 390 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily the location itself, but how far away it is from the other Universal parks/hotels. Some people might prefer to stay in the north resort.

But people have no issue staying at an AK resort and traveling to MK, I think it will be the same here. Family's booking holidays will see "Universal Hotel" and just book, no checking of distance to parks etc.

Not necessarily the location itself, but how far away it is from the other Universal parks/hotels. Some people might prefer to stay in the north resort.

Yeah, you should tell Disney that.

If it were the first iteration, I'd agree, but it'll already have been built at two other locations by then.

I would argue, that it won't just be Nintendo to why there would be large crowds..you know, the whole, "next big dry park in Orlando" thing that people keep talking about?

Universal will be in a better spot, as they now have a bit more..experience, on handling crowds for large immersive experiences. And as the time in-between isn't going to be that large, I doubt Osaka and Hollywood (especially Osaka) will make any form of a major dent.

I've been looking at TDS videos, and I came up with an idea: What if Universal surrounded the hub in some sort of mountain-like rock-structure? It'll prevent you from seeing the other lands around you and it creates all sorts of creative ride/hub ideas.

Reactions: therock
I've been looking at TDS videos, and I came up with an idea: What if Universal surrounded the hub in some sort of mountain-like rock-structure? It'll prevent you from seeing the other lands around you and it creates all sorts of creative ride/hub ideas.

Didn't they just build a mountain/Volcano for VB? Diversity. They are 8 million other things they can do to block out views of other areas.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
The new park will certainly be in a much better position than IOA was when it opened. Aside from that horrible marketing campaign, Universal now has a much more prominent theme park presence, and is a destination resort with a ton of hotel rooms. Also, their corporate ownership, Comcast, is a financially healthy, strong willed and aggressive owner. Plus, the entire Orlando tourist & theme park market has expanded significantly since 1998. I'm guessing a range of 7 to 10 million visitors in their first 'full' calendar year of operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.