Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 389 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Netflix is a VERY powerful partner to have.

It works both ways. Since Disney is launching their own On Demand streaming service and are pulling all of their catalog from Netflix, Universal could be a good partner for them to potentially get Universal owned content exclusively onto Netflix.....

Reactions: Joseph
It works both ways. Since Disney is launching their own On Demand streaming service and are pulling all of their catalog from Netflix, Universal could be a good partner for them to potentially get Universal owned content exclusively onto Netflix.....
True. Great deal for both sides.

First time in this thread.. looking forward to sharing my stupid Blue Sky ideas with ya'll.

Reactions: Alicia
Most “insiders” haven’t indicated they know ALL the IPs (though Disneyhead may). The Worlds are tightening up though.

I know, but I'm talking about denied/refuted IP's like LoTR, Star Trek, Hello Kitty, Christmas and Illumination properties, Godzilla, Ready Player One, DC Comics, etc. At least one will show up.

Hopefully this means Miami Vice onto Netflix.

By the time park 4 opens Stranger Things will be over. If it comes permanently it will happen at USF and won’t be anything too permanent

I agree that Stranger Things will not get anything at the new park, but I think the whole "it'll have already ended by the time it opens" argument is useless. We're talking about HTTYD, a franchise that'll end early next year, being there, as well as Jurassic World, a franchise that'll end in two years. I don't think Universal really cares.

Stranger Things is a good IP to base a ride on. IPs don't need to be relevant to make a good ride. Universal needs to know that. Transformers is still doing well, MIB makes a great ride even if the IP itself is lame... Stranger Things won't just die off after it's done unless the 4th season just puts people off.

Reactions: therock
Netflix and Universal already have a relationship with Dreamworks Animation producing a lot of their kid series (and will continue even with the Hulu deal).

However, outside of animation, JungleSkip is right. Live action shows will end up dying off because of the amount of new series that come out yearly on the site.

Stranger Things will be aged and by the time the new park comes out I'm sure the big thing will be nostalgia for 90s properties.

Reactions: HPFred
Netflix and Universal already have a relationship with Dreamworks Animation producing a lot of their kid series (and will continue even with the Hulu deal).

However, outside of animation, JungleSkip is right. Live action shows will end up dying off because of the amount of new series that come out yearly on the site.

Stranger Things will be aged and by the time the new park comes out I'm sure the big thing will be nostalgia for 90s properties.

Captain Marvel tapping right into that nostalgia.

Some more predictions (yes, I know some of these don't go with each other, but I'm just making my best predictions here. Not all of them will be correct)

Coasters
  1. The highest-ranking thrill coaster will be made by RMC or Vekoma, not Intamin.
  2. There will be no inversions in the park.
Park Specifics
  1. There will be more than 30 attractions in the park as a whole, including rides, shows, parades, playgrounds/mini-attractions, meet & greets, and focal points of interest.
  2. There will be close to 20 rides, but 5-7 of them will be flats. Every park has to have its' flats.
  3. There will not be a ride over 200 ft, but multiple focal-points/park icons will go over that height.
  4. The park will disappoint in attendance in its' first year, but that means shorter lines for me ;)
Ride Specifics
  1. There will be multiple new/relatively new ride concepts used in this park. This includes the drifting feature rumored for the Mario Kart ride, the DK coaster, the gyrosphere ride-concept, and others (one listed below)
  2. Remember that PAC-MAN interactive bumper-car-style flat-ride from the permits a couple months back? That gets used. It seems like too brilliant of a concept not to get used. Of course, it won't be themed to PAC-MAN, but something Nintendo or DreamWorks related instead.
  3. Universal will attempt to build their own Tower of Terror.
Land and IP Specifics
  1. Super Nintendo World will not be the best land in the park, or even the second best. It'll still be great, but other lands will top it. Yes, I know, shocking.
  2. Two Warner Bros. IP's make their way into the park. The possible candidates include LoTR, Fantastic Beasts/Potter, Ready Player One, DC Comics, and Blade Runner.
  3. Netflix also gets a presence.
  4. Classic Monsters does not get in, but is saved for a possible expansion option if Universal figures out how to handle the IP years down the road.
  5. There will be an original land, but IP's will still be used within that land. The best example I have for this is a Sci-Fi-style area that uses IP's like Transformers and Star Trek.
  6. There will be a previously seen IP (at Universal Orlando) that gets used in the park, and everyone is shocked. Something like Transformers or F&F could work here.

Some more predictions (yes, I know some of these don't go with each other, but I'm just making my best predictions here. Not all of them will be correct)

Land and IP Specifics
  1. Super Nintendo World will not be the best land in the park, or even the second best. It'll still be great, but other lands will top it. Yes, I know, shocking.
  2. Two Warner Bros. IP's make their way into the park. The possible candidates include LoTR, Fantastic Beasts/Potter, Ready Player One, DC Comics, and Blade Runner.
  3. Netflix also gets a presence.
  4. Classic Monsters does not get in, but is saved for a possible expansion option if Universal figures out how to handle the IP years down the road.
  5. There will be an original land, but IP's will still be used within that land. The best example I have for this is a Sci-Fi-style area that uses IP's like Transformers and Star Trek.
  6. There will be a previously seen IP (at Universal Orlando) that gets used in the park, and everyone is shocked. Something like Transformers or F&F could work here.

You certainly have an imagination. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.