Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 387 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember how some people said no way Boss Baby will come to the upcoming park....guess which show is Netflix most watched Kid show ever....at least thats how i understand this sentence
I'm not sure how interested Universal is in Netflix properties, minus temporary HHN stuff of course

As of now, Netflix has nothing note-worthy outside of Stranger Things.
Apparently Boss Baby

tumblr_p48e7eGJid1qfq1l5o3_500.gif

Reactions: Gillman and Mike S
It was the number three watched kid show back in January 2017, no data regarding kid series viewership outside Netflix earning reports. Not sure how jumpshot got that information from but somehow thats what they got.

s3-news-tmp-111596-netflix_kids--2x1--940.png
How is a show called “Baby Daddy” for kids?

They do have a colossal amount of debt...

They're growing rapidly (which is why lenders are more than willing to give them loans), but if that stops, they'll have to default.
They've lived off loans, stock appreciation speculating by investors, and the such for their whole existence. They've been a Krispy Kreme growth stock on steroids, as has been Amazon too. But, they have such a significant captive market that they're almost too big to fail for the financial investment groups that have their money in them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andysol
As of now, Netflix has nothing note-worthy outside of Stranger Things.

This is a straight up lie BUT it seems Universal and Netflix are mostly in it for HHN stuff, not long term park stuff.

Also I wouldn't trust anyone sharing viewing numbers for Netflix shows, they're highly inaccurate and there's no formal way of surveying people watching programming. It's A Thing (tm) that's driving traditional media companies nuts.

This is a straight up lie BUT it seems Universal and Netflix are mostly in it for HHN stuff, not long term park stuff.

Also I wouldn't trust anyone sharing viewing numbers for Netflix shows, they're highly inaccurate and there's no formal way of surveying people watching programming. It's A Thing (tm) that's driving traditional media companies nuts.
Oh, I'm not saying that Netflix won't be a juggernaut in 5 years...right now though, outside of ST, not interested

And I don't think there are theme park deals in the works either

Reactions: UniversalRBLX

Not saying that Netflix has bad shows. Just saying that they don't have anything that Universal would be interested in beside Stranger Things.

They've lived off loans, stock appreciation speculating by investors, and the such for their whole existence. They've been a Krispy Kreme growth stock on steroids, as has been Amazon too. But, they have such a significant captive market that they're almost too big to fail for the financial investment groups that have their money in them.

I’m not sure if they’re too big too fail but I can see it either way. Netflix has started the popularity of online streaming and with Disney starting their own streaming service and taking their big hits with them, it could be a slippery slope if other media companies start doing the same.

It’s going to end up being cable 2.0 where you choose your package with whatever content you want to watch.

Netflix failing will be a spectacular crash.

We will see if Jurassic Park at IOA will get the big change to a Jurassic World Land. I am curious the JP arch will turn into a JW arch. If we just see JP stay the same and stick to the original trilogy my only thought if they would do this if they are lacking land at JP at IOA. Since I think JW would add a few new attractions over at a 3rd-4th gate. Yes the gyrosphere ride and possibly a Mossasaur lagoon show but maybe the Mossasaur fits better into a total possible returning of Jurassic Park River Adventure with a new Mossasaur AA. I think a 3rd JW attraction would be a flying attraction maybe a flying coaster themed to a pterodactyl or Pteranodon. Not sure if Universal would ever put in another Flyer like SeaWorld Orlando has Manta. Maybe a woodie finally! Orlando doesn’t have a solid wooden roller coaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.