Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 407 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, would it really be going away, if Jurassic in general wasn't leaving IOA?

Let me ask this, how in the six Chaos Emeralds would a Sonic based land even work?
It wouldn’t. Sonic really is generational like most Nintendo IPs. It’s not really popular any more and even most big time games just don’t care about it. The last time I played a sonic game was probably 15 years ago. Compare that to me buying Mario Kart every time, every Pokémon game, Super Smash.

Just for perspective, I'm thinking that each of the "Worlds" will be around, or probably a little smaller, than both SNW and Hogsmeade at USJ combined.

upload_2018-11-20_17-22-20-png.8428

It wouldn’t. Sonic really is generational like most Nintendo IPs. It’s not really popular any more and even most big time games just don’t care about it. The last time I played a sonic game was probably 15 years ago. Compare that to me buying Mario Kart every time, every Pokémon game, Super Smash.
Oh yeah? This is the same company that made an entire water ride on Dudley. When was the last time you watched a Dudley cartoon?

Reactions: therock
I mean, would it really be going away, if Jurassic in general wasn't leaving IOA?
JP and JW are separate IPs. So by replacing one your losing the other.

Let me ask this, how in the six Chaos Emeralds would a Sonic based land even work?
Look at toon lagoon. Anything is possible.

Then why are you asking for Sonic, and using Dudley as a comparison? It makes no sense.
Because someone asked me how they would do that now. I said look at Toon Lagoon as inspiration. I never once said they would do that. Only that it can be done.

Also, it does make sense anyway. Universal would never use an IP today that would never sell a ton of merch? Oh really? Looks at Fallon.

Because someone asked me how they would do that now. I said look at Toon Lagoon as inspiration. I never once said they would do that. Only that it can be done.

Also, it does make sense anyway. Universal would never use an IP today that would never sell a ton of merch? Oh really? Looks at Fallon.

They didn't have to get licensing for Fallon.

JW could be in The World of Monsters. Just sayin'.

Ehhh, I'm doubting it now. That'd be kind of weird.
I don’t think it’s that weird.

From my article a few months ago:

Rather than devote an entire "world" of the new park to this franchise, it's possible that the Jurassic World attractions could be part of a larger "world" itself, either focused on Sci-Fi or Monsters. After all, the Indominus rex hybrid creature acts more like a monster than a regular dinosaur.

I don’t think it’s that weird.

From my article a few months ago:

Rather than devote an entire "world" of the new park to this franchise, it's possible that the Jurassic World attractions could be part of a larger "world" itself, either focused on Sci-Fi or Monsters. After all, the Indominus rex hybrid creature acts more like a monster than a regular dinosaur.

Sure, but the JW creatures don't really mix with the Classic Monsters. One's a dinosaur, the others are more humanoid. If they were to do Jurassic World in this park, I'd rather them go all in on it. Otherwise, give the space to the others.

Reactions: HPFred
Status
Not open for further replies.