Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd loooooove a South Park land. The ride, food, and merch opportunities are pure gold. But yeah, never happening.

Reactions: Mike S
Yes, because Transformers are 15 foot tall robots that transform into different modes of transport.

I don't know, I just think the average joe would get that funny, strangely-dressed British dude equals good guy versus angry trash can with a plunger equals bad guy.

I think you can do a MK Lite with Universal Thrill rides park. Have the kid properties everyone is talking about with DreamWorks and Nintendo, but unlike MK, have some rides over 48 inches. MK doesn't have anything over 44" and I think it is well rounded park other than it has no huge thrills like a big steal coaster or Mummy type rides. So take all these kid properties and do MK like park. Dark rides, Spinners, Flats, Family Coaster, boat rides, etc. Then put in the 40", 42", & 44" simulator rides in 3 or 4 lands. Then add in a high thrills ride in 3 or 4 lands. So the lands would have the kids rides, but then can have a thrill ride in it. So each land would have either a thrill simulator 3D type ride (i.e. Transformers or Gringotts) or a high thrill ride (i.e. FJ or Hulk). I think if they did this, it would be the most well rounded park in Orlando and get everyone to come to it.

One thing I loved about the concept of Hard Rock was each "land" had a show, flat ride, play area, and coaster. I would like to see the 3rd park build even more on this concept where each land has a ride anyone can go on and a thrill ride. I think that having some young kid rides, shows, play lands, and water rides also scattered about throughout the lands would be good too since you don't want each land only having 2 rides. Then some lands have more than one family style rides. You could do that type of thing with all of the IPs mentioned.

Reactions: Nick and Mad Dog
I don't know, I just think the average joe would get that funny, strangely-dressed British dude equals good guy versus angry trash can with a plunger equals bad guy.

Well yeah, but that still doesn't solve the multi-doctor problem. Who presents a lot more harder questions of translation than ease. Sorry, I know fans want it, but it just doesn't scream theme park property.

just to see a hope,

I think that when Gate III arises, well get an themed land where most of the contents in it, would frighten children. Especially considering classic monsters possibly in play.

Take for instance, a dark ride, themed to all of the classic monsters; as the line is in essence, intense as Kong's line is hearing to be. But, that would be a hopeful idea.

to just to see a hope,

I think that when Gate III arises, well get an themed land where most of the contents in it, would frighten children. Especially considering classic monsters possibly in play.

Take for instance, a dark ride, themed to all of the classic monsters; as the line is in essence, intense as Kong's line is hearing to be. But, that would be a hopeful idea.
There is nothing better than being absolutely terrified in a 100% safe environment. May actually teach the youngin's a thing or two, since letting your child outside alone in today's age is child endangerment or will get CPS called on you.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Well yeah, but that still doesn't solve the multi-doctor problem. Who presents a lot more harder questions of translation than ease. Sorry, I know fans want it, but it just doesn't scream theme park property.
Also with regard to this, I believe Merlin have discussed using Doctor Who as a property before but came to the same conclusion.

I'd loooooove a South Park land. The ride, food, and merch opportunities are pure gold. But yeah, never happening.
I don't like Chinese food but I'd love City Wok. Every TM there has to be doing a hysterically stereotypical accent though or else they break the illusion :lmao:

Reactions: fryoj
Am I the only one hoping this park is NOT ip land? Sure, I don't mind 95% of the attractions being IP's, but I don't want all the lands to be themed to an IP... Maybe like Disney Sea where you walk around amazing themed lands with some IP based rides inside of them.

I imagine we all can have hopes, wants, and dreams but I think today's business buzz words are things like 'content is king'....'synergies'....building a franchise.

In the perfect world (for) Comcast would have been enough in their own shop to draw folks in. I fully expect them to use any IP that they feel will draw a crowd and they are happy with a deal that works for them....

Yet I think long term they want get to a point where a park of theirs is all in house and that is where a possible purchase of Dream Works Annimation would come in. It gives them content for their media business...a way to push a franchise IP (the parks) w/o needing to promote another's IP so sure they would use a lot of DWA stuff in a third gate.

I know there have been discussions about moving some backstage offices and buildings, but nothing 100%
I mean it would only make sense because there not land locked anymore

And this would make the each park multi day experiences

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if that happened, I wouldn't expect it to be massive changes backstage to that amount.

Remember, a lot of that backstage area is still used for HHN, so those soundstages aren't going anywhere

I always wondered why they don't plan extra space into attraction buildings for houses. Something like make the ride on the second story and have the queue be on the first floor and have a large portion of the queue be able to be sectioned off and used as a house with a separate entrance. Or flip it and have the ride downstairs and the queue upstairs. If they had enough rides laid out like that, they wouldn't need the soundstages or tents. Adds cost and might make queues tight, but it would solve a problem and allow them to use those soundstages for expansion if they wanted to.

Now that I think about it, That F&F building is awfully large....

Status
Not open for further replies.