Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 505 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of figured we’d be using our legs to get around.

So in that case should Universal never have built the Hogwarts Express since we could use our legs to get around to IOA?

Look back at SWGE plan with the Rise of Resistance with
a ship in the queue taking you to another location

Its just a evolution of that and HE where its not part of an attraction but a attraction in itself of getting around.

1) This shouldn't be a Disney vs Universal point
2) In park transit solutions are more than "laziness and sloth"
Sorry, but I disagree with you, completely.....Sounds like a complete waste of budget to me. for 'inside' a park. Theme parks aren't all that large that someone can't walk 50 yards from one attraction to another, or even across a hub to another land/world...........And yes, it's a valid Disney/Universal demographic comparison. WDW parks have a plethora of scooters on the pathways, very very few at the Universal parks. Universal's demographic is overall more fit. Any day's observation, and a little common sense, at the respective park's illustrates that.

Last edited:
It would be a fanciful experience to have a ride act as transition between all of the worlds. But the logistics wouldn't work with thousands of guests constantly needing to use it.

Reactions: HPFred
So in that case should Universal never have built the Hogwarts Express since we could use our legs to get around to IOA?

Look back at SWGE plan with the Rise of Resistance with
a ship in the queue taking you to another location

Its just a evolution of that and HE where its not part of an attraction but a attraction in itself of getting around.

That’s an unfair comparison. One is connecting two theme parks together to keep the theme running between two lands and one is going from one themed area in a park to a different themed area in the same park.

Sorry, but I disagree with you, completely.....Sounds like a complete waste of budget to me. for 'inside' a park. Theme parks aren't all that large that someone can't walk 50 yards from one attraction to another, or even across a hub to another land/world...........And yes, it's a valid Disney/Universal demographic comparison. WDW parks have a plethora of scooters on the pathways, very very few at the Universal parks. Universal's demographic is overall more fit. Any day's observation, and a little common sense, at the respective park's illustrates that.
I’m pretty sure lots of scooters are at WDW not just because of “unfit” people but older less mobile folks going there versus Uni parks which attracts less families.

I’m pretty sure lots of scooters are at WDW not just because of “unfit” people but older less mobile folks going there versus Uni parks which attracts less families.
that too....the two parks have some similar demographics, but are very different with their core demographic.....Myself, I'm of that older demographic, with two bad knees from playing soccer until I was 62, but I would consider it embarrassing to use a scooter unless I absolutely could not walk, let alone using a scooter just because the person doesn't want to walk. I understand if a person is truly handicapped, but from observations the truly handicapped seem to be a minority of the scooter people.

Last edited:
There are many uses for that concept, you could have it as a form of ride system or even a transport system. For a example of how this could work as a transport system look at the Heathrow pods system of driver less vehicles between 3 stops.

The system can load in your own personal pod, you choose where to go and it takes you there without having to stop anywhere else

Like you said, it’s probably nothing but it is interesting.

Well...

I saw he's splitting his time. I think it's more telling about how far along they are than what's coming, though.

Mike is the Creative Director for Entertainment. Within the context of why that position could be working with Creative on a new park it could be:

Theater requirements for live shows
Parade routes
Costume design
Backstage requirements (green rooms/dressing rooms)
Multi-component attractions (a la Poseidon or T2)

None of those things could have anything to do with Monsters.

Last edited:
Well...

I saw he's splitting his time. I think it's more telling about how far along they are than what's coming, though.

Mike is the Creative Director for Entertainment. Within the context of why that position could be working with Creative on a new park it could be:

Theater requirements for live shows
Parade routes
Costume design
Backstage requirements (green rooms/dressing rooms)
Multi-component attractions (a la Poseidon or T2)

None of those things could have anything to do with Monsters.

Given all his HHN work, he's a great asset to have when it comes to consulting on a monsters world.

For the not giving clues part, I'm assuming he's in charge of the forthcoming Bourne show and there's zip to be seen any where.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Given all his HHN work, he's a great asset to have when it comes to consulting on a monsters world.

For the not giving clues part, I'm assuming he's in charge of the forthcoming Bourne show and there's zip to be seen any where.
Yep. He's overseeing Bourne. And he's unlikely to "consult" on world design in any official capacity.

Creative is, like, 40 designers deep. Several of theme came through A&D and designed houses. I really wish fans would stop acting like Mike is a be-all, end-all, in haunting. Even he defers to his team all the time.
Mike has so many interesting interests....

HE'S BUYING MUSIC! There's going to be a Metallica house at HHN and a World of Music in the new park.

Watching Grindlewald; and to reiterate something I said..I want, a Ministry of Magic attraction; that goes and tours all of the various locations.

From the North America branch, to the French and Britain branches, to perhaps even the likes of China/Japan and others. There is so much they can go with the MoM, that it'd be unfair to base it off of directly one primary location.

My answer was to take over the AP Lounge space at USF after it closes next month. Throw a model in there and foam board concept art on the walls and you got yourself a nice preview center.
I know this is an old post, but I feel like this is the perfect use for the space if they stop using it as an AP Lounge.

Reactions: Alicia
Just came back from Orlando and did one of their 'secret' tours with a team member, i won't name names etc as i don't want anyone getting in trouble, their under NDA for a lot of things i bet. Something interesting that was mentioned though is:

Ministry of Magic is going where Fear Factor is, didn't elaborate and no time frame was given
When asked about new park they mentioned they were under the NDA so couldn't confirm or deny anything, lit up when i mentioned Classic Monsters so could be possible but did mention that they're looking to make this extremely immersive rather than just having throwaway rides, this could go with the Dracula Castle walk-through that i saw mentioned somewhere on the boards?

Also, move this if this is the wrong thread. I'm new around here ;)

Just came back from Orlando and did one of their 'secret' tours with a team member, i won't name names etc as i don't want anyone getting in trouble, their under NDA for a lot of things i bet. Something interesting that was mentioned though is:

Ministry of Magic is going where Fear Factor is, didn't elaborate and no time frame was given
When asked about new park they mentioned they were under the NDA so couldn't confirm or deny anything, lit up when i mentioned Classic Monsters so could be possible but did mention that they're looking to make this extremely immersive rather than just having throwaway rides, this could go with the Dracula Castle walk-through that i saw mentioned somewhere on the boards?

Also, move this if this is the wrong thread. I'm new around here ;)

Under a NDA so can't tell you anything about the new park. Tells you that MOM is going to Fear Factor...

Sounds like they get their info off this board.

Under a NDA so can't tell you anything about the new park. Tells you that MOM is going to Fear Factor...

Sounds like they get their info off this board.

From what i remember the NDA was signed for the new park and no necessarily the existing park but take what you will from this...

Reactions: truejonas
Just came back from Orlando and did one of their 'secret' tours with a team member, i won't name names etc as i don't want anyone getting in trouble, their under NDA for a lot of things i bet.
Makes a big difference regarding what department they're in. They could have heard the information secondhand from an internal source, which may have the grapevine effect: "Ministry of Magic is being considered" turns into "Ministry of Magic is confirmed."

Or they could have been trying to show off, and are speaking about the same rumors/speculation that we've been talking about on these forums.
I'm new around here ;)
Welcome to the forums! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.