Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 483 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a Monster's Cafe with good food?

I'll take it, certainly.

So maybe an upgraded Poseidon’s Fury.

A tour of Frankenstein's lab, culminating in the creation of the Monster, could be an impressive physical effects showcase if they tried to replicate all the buzzing, whirring, sizzling, sparking lab equipment that Ken Strickfaden designed for many of the old Universal horror movies.

I'll take it, certainly.

A tour of Frankenstein's lab, culminating in the creation of the Monster, could be an impressive physical effects showcase if they tried to replicate all the buzzing, whirring, sizzling, sparking lab equipment that Ken Strickfaden designed for many of the old Universal horror movies.
Yeah Frank would work best IMO for a walkthrough.

So, you think the ride would be an all encompassing 'best of' type story, featuring a collection of different monster characters?

Based on the fact Forbidden Journey got reworked several times including during early construction, I imagine they're going to be pretty loose with what goes in there. I could see what's featured vary but the main premise stay the same.

Also a Beetlejuice show would just make sense.

----

So online Ryan Kennedy asked where a possible preview center could go. I said it's most likely to go online, that has an infinite and immediate reach.

But if it's physical I have three suggestions, one as a total joke but it does make sense!

1) CityWalk - Seen by all guests who visit the resort a temporary exhibit could be set up in a new structure or replace a tenant till a new one comes in.
2) MCO - IoA and USF each receive over 10 million guests a year, but MCO saw 47.6 million in 2018. It would be accessible for free to locals and would be seen by those touring other Orlando locations, business travelers, those visiting family, and those visiting Universal. Plus add some cool features (maybe a portable Olivanders?) and you have a sweet set up for two years or so.
3) Disney Springs - Hey they're looking for new tenants and that's a market untapped yet by Universal! Plus there's a certain amount of smugness about it that's sort of Universal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HPFred and jseal777
Im just really nervous about universal monsters. 50%because i dont know how they pull off a land featuring them, and 50% because they own it and have no greater authority to keep them in line... i hope for the best.

Reactions: natespf
Im just really nervous about universal monsters. 50%because i dont know how they pull off a land featuring them, and 50% because they own it and have no greater authority to keep them in line... i hope for the best.

Honestly, I do think it's a good sign of Murdy's involvement.

When you look at Universal Studios Monsters from HHN'18, you can see the love and dedication that he and Chris Williams gave to the characters. And, it will be around not just him; but other people who most likely care a lot for the material.

I'd keep my eye on this project, if only for what it may unfold.

So online Ryan Kennedy asked where a possible preview center could go. I said it's most likely to go online, that has an infinite and immediate reach.

But if it's physical I have three suggestions, one as a total joke but it does make sense!

1) CityWalk - Seen by all guests who visit the resort a temporary exhibit could be set up in a new structure or replace a tenant till a new one comes in.
2) MCO - IoA and USF each receive over 10 million guests a year, but MCO saw 47.6 million in 2018. It would be accessible for free to locals and would be seen by those touring other Orlando locations, business travelers, those visiting family, and those visiting Universal. Plus add some cool features (maybe a portable Olivanders?) and you have a sweet set up for two years or so.
3) Disney Springs - Hey they're looking for new tenants and that's a market untapped yet by Universal! Plus there's a certain amount of smugness about it that's sort of Universal.

Honestly, I completely agree with the Online aspect.

Hell, make it similar to how the Diagon Alley site worked, and include videos, quotes, and concept art from the various groups involved (both UC & Third Parties), and it'd be a fun way to keep it not only grounded, but exciting).

Reactions: HPFred
So as of right now, we think we know what's going in this park. Nintendo, Classic Monsters, Dreamworks, and Fantastic Beasts. I feel like I'm forgetting something.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Status
Not open for further replies.