Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 481 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HTTYD should be a dark ride between Spider-Man and FJ. Practical scenes around Berk or in caves could be stellar, and screens would be necessary for flying scenes.

I actually had a concept way back where the RVs were wooden carts Hiccup had invented (powered by tiny fire-breathing dragons) and halfway through the ride, you “hitch up” to a big dragon and fly around the island. I think something along those lines is definitely something we could see.

Allow me to once again scream into the Echo Chamber that HTTYD (ESPECIALLY, because of the new film) is the perfect IP for UFW.

I can't wait to see what Universal concocts with Berk and the amazing dragons if this is finally going down.

..as far as Flying Coaster and Intamin, perhaps UC is taking one of their..patents, and working with Intamin on a balls out concept Coaster?
With this over estimates box office, it's probably a definite bet the house wager.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
HTTYD should be a dark ride between Spider-Man and FJ. Practical scenes around Berk or in caves could be stellar, and screens would be necessary for flying scenes.

I actually had a concept way back where the RVs were wooden carts Hiccup had invented (powered by tiny fire-breathing dragons) and halfway through the ride, you “hitch up” to a big dragon and fly around the island. I think something along those lines is definitely something we could see.

I was thinking about this the other day. Would the KUKA arm be overkill for a less thrilling ride? It would be nice to see a family friendly ride that gave a good feeling of flying, like PeterPan on steroids.

I was thinking about this the other day. Would the KUKA arm be overkill for a less thrilling ride? It would be nice to see a family friendly ride that gave a good feeling of flying, like PeterPan on steroids.

I don’t think it’d be overkill. Their range of motion is just unprecedented, I don’t think kuka rides have to be thrilling to be impressive. They’re definitely the most versatile simulator RV.

Reactions: HPFred and Dhdhddh
I'm kind of amazed that this would even be considered. Besides a "Haunted House" type attraction, what else could they really do?

Could they possibly do another Jaws ride?

I'm kind of amazed that this would even be considered. Besides a "Haunted House" type attraction, what else could they really do?

Jaws isn't part of the Universal Classic Monsters. Creature from the Black Lagoon boat ride and a Dracula's Castle Haunted Mansion-style dark ride could be examples of how to use the Classic Monsters property in a theme park.

Jaws isn't part of the Universal Classic Monsters. Creature from the Black Lagoon boat ride and a Dracula's Castle Haunted Mansion-style dark ride could be examples of how to use the Classic Monsters property in a theme park.

Yeah, I meant just another Jaws ride in general. If they can bring Kong back, they can bring Jaws back.

I'd prefer Jaws to Creature from the Black Lagoon.

A Maze walk-through attraction would be too similar to HHN?

Think this is just a nice confirmation with the image Alicia received.

Jaws isn’t coming back tho.
Correct. (And please don’t post said image on the forum.)

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised? The Mural at USH, HHN and the film push again made it all the more likely
Plus the big merch push in the parks in recent months!

Yeah, I meant just another Jaws ride in general. If they can bring Kong back, they can bring Jaws back.

I'd prefer Jaws to Creature from the Black Lagoon.

A Maze walk-through attraction would be too similar to HHN?

Don't get too caught up with Monsters must be Halloween... Remember the Mummy is a rebooted monster ;-)

But I am thinking we may see a large scale water-based ride with space not being so much a concern, not necessarily Jaws though.

I’d love to see Universal’s take on a haunted house. With horror being the genre, this is a good spot for a big coaster. They could also have a stage show, a great themed restaurant

Reactions: HPFred
I would love to see it in a FoP style ride but do it better. I think that queue is overbuilt and they didn't nail the capacity. Do it better and for less, I would be happy. BTW I caught part of the movie the other night for the first time. Now I see why people rave about it.
OMG @Alicia if we do get Classic Monsters and a Dracula's Castle, I think I am gonna be like how a Potter fan is when they walk into Hogsmeade, Hogwarts, and Diagon Alley. I will probably cry and laugh at the same time. I have always loved the UCM, and even last year when i went to LA for 10 days because of meetings, I would go to USH on HHN and the UCM maze was just an awe. However I think if Uni here in Orlando did it, it would be a much more better version.

I am also now thinking up some good ideas for the UCM world. A Lab type bar serving up monster drinks and bar type foods. LOL, they could bring the jell-o blood IV bags. Some merch and food carts pushed around by Igor characters. Just some ideas. I am very excited if it comes, please, please Uni. Gonna meditate on this when at Yoga in a few before I head over to do the Mardi Gras parade for my LEVEL UP 46th Bday today. @Alicia I do believe I really need to thank you for this, you made my birthday much better. Thanks for all you do & looking forward to your write ups, videos, and your Podcast about this. :exclap::clap::celebrate::kumbaya:

It’s a kuka.
Van Helsing's OG plans live on in the new park lol!

OMG @Alicia if we do get Classic Monsters and a Dracula's Castle, I think I am gonna be like how a Potter fan is when they walk into Hogsmeade, Hogwarts, and Diagon Alley. I will probably cry and laugh at the same time. I have always loved the UCM, and even last year when i went to LA for 10 days because of meetings, I would go to USH on HHN and the UCM maze was just an awe. However I think if Uni here in Orlando did it, it would be a much more better version.

I am also now thinking up some good ideas for the UCM world. A Lab type bar serving up monster drinks and bar type foods. LOL, they could bring the jell-o blood IV bags. Some merch and food carts pushed around by Igor characters. Just some ideas. I am very excited if it comes, please, please Uni. Gonna meditate on this when at Yoga in a few before I head over to do the Mardi Gras parade for my LEVEL UP 46th Bday today. @Alicia I do believe I really need to thank you for this, you made my birthday much better. Thanks for all you do & looking forward to your write ups, videos, and your Podcast about this. :exclap::clap::celebrate::kumbaya:
You're very welcome and Happy Birthday! :party:

Status
Not open for further replies.