Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 479 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Word of warning for the new park, everything is in flux

There is no way that everything is in flux.

They just submitted detailed infrastructure development plans, and the minimal changes between those plans and the prior set is a testament to just how little is in flux.

They may still be working on smaller details like designing shops and restaurants, but I would bet that all of the major rides are decided (and have been for a while) with significant changes to them now being unlikely.

I’m still curious to know what concept the new CityWalk is going to be ??? I mean maybe depending on what Beijing is doing FW will follow suit.

I go for village walk.

When will Universal start accepting new Team Members for this park and how many will they need. It must be a nightmare to get so many new workers.

Reactions: HPFred
It will be years before they really start hiring for the new park. Right now they are hiring for the existing parks with some of those TMs joining the planning teams.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
It will be years before they really start hiring for the new park. Right now they are hiring for the existing parks with some of those TMs joining the planning teams.
I think their immediate concern is where the construction workers are coming from. I am seeing home construction materials up 20 - 25% and companies begging for warm bodies to fill positions.
Not the best time to be spending billions on construction in central Florida. I would be prepared for many changes to be made due to the inflated cost of construction. Hope they leave plenty of room for expansion and maybe it can be done in a better time to get the biggest bang for their buck.

Reactions: Alicia
There is no way that everything is in flux.

They just submitted detailed infrastructure development plans, and the minimal changes between those plans and the prior set is a testament to just how little is in flux.

They may still be working on smaller details like designing shops and restaurants, but I would bet that all of the major rides are decided (and have been for a while) with significant changes to them now being unlikely.
I meant from a rumors standpoint, I didn't make that very clear

I get that, they asked for 300 team members in march 2018. I understand they don't try to get them now for a park that needs to be build, but will it be a year before opening or 6 month, and how many? 10.000, 20.000 or more/less?

I get that, they asked for 300 team members in march 2018. I understand they don't try to get them now for a park that needs to be build, but will it be a year before opening or 6 month, and how many? 10.000, 20.000 or more/less?
I'd guess the new property will probably employ 4,000-5,000 people overall. That would bring Universal's headcount up to a total of ~20,000 (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.