Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 478 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please excuse the crudity of this model, I did not have time to paint it.

Just trying to get a sense of scale here. Yellow is new CityWalk type separator, gray is parking lot, red is complete plot for new park. Islands of Adventure overlaid to scale. And remember, back of house and TM parking all above this and excluded from this image.

mockup-overlay.jpg

Just trying to get a sense of scale here. Yellow is new CityWalk type separator, gray is parking lot, red is complete plot for new park. Islands of Adventure overlaid to scale. And remember, back of house and TM parking all above this and excluded from this image.

View attachment 8938

So much more room for activities!

View attachment 8938

When I say spacious, y’all say park!

New infrastructure plans released today. I'm a fan of this image, kinda gives us an idea of where the lands for the new park may be located.

EDIT: Here it is in case you wanna draw on it your ideas for the new park:

View attachment 8934

Park entrance will be bottom-right, where those long access roads dead end.

Here's the road network for IOA and the lands overlaid on top of it next to to give a good visual about how these roads can easily indicate where the lands or rides could be placed.

IOA MAP.png

Here's the road network for IOA and the lands overlaid on top of it next to to give a good visual about how these roads can easily indicate where the lands or rides could be placed.

View attachment 8945
Thank you, I think that really puts things into perspective. I knew some roads would go into the middle of lands, but it's still a divider some of the time so thought it'd be fun to discuss.

Reactions: Scott W.
Thank you, I think that really puts things into perspective. I knew some roads would go into the middle of lands, but it's still a divider some of the time so thought it'd be fun to discuss.

The big difference between IOA and the new Park is the layout. With a huge lagoon, access roads don’t need to go that far in but with a hub and spoke layout, access is a little more tricky.

With how far the roads go in, I wonder if this means that the land will be raised with pathways going over the roads or there’s just no pathway circling the park.

Reactions: Alicia
Hasn't there been speculation that, indeed, we will be funneled back out to the hub to travel between worlds?

Or if not the hub center, some other kind of circular pathway between the hub and the entrances to the lands?

The big difference between IOA and the new Park is the layout. With a huge lagoon, access roads don’t need to go that far in but with a hub and spoke layout, access is a little more tricky.

With how far the roads go in, I wonder if this means that the land will be raised with pathways going over the roads or there’s just no pathway circling the park.

Well the guest path can also intersect with the service road if needed. We see this with the service entrance between JP and TL, where the guest path has gates on both sides and the service road continues to the Discovery Center. Like how in USF the block with Mel's Diner has access to Backlot Dr.

View attachment 8945
Great breakdown idea. Kind of shows that we can't be conclusive, at this point in time, where the various Worlds will be located just by looking at where the roads are. There's no constant pattern with IOA and there probably won't be one with the new park.

Reactions: Alicia and natespf
Missed a bunch of USO street shows:
Ricky Ricardo Orchestra - not sure if still around
Flying Fish Market - closed
Beat Builders - possibly closed
Sing It - almost certainly closed
Food Truck Wrappers - moved to Springs
Marilyn show - ongoing

It's not for lack of trying. These things are just hard to make work.
The Food Truck guys have actually been at Disney Springs since BEFORE that short stint at USF. They worked both at the same time during that period. I'm not sure if they're still at Springs, but if they are, they used to be in the Food Truck park near Bongos.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.