Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, im new to the site but what lands to we think are going to the 4th gate and how many lands? I would like to see Nintendo, Dream works, classic monsters, Jurassic world, fantastic beasts, a land for classic universal movies like jaws and back to the future. Also, wont mind a Christmas land I heard about awhile ago with frosty and Santa.

Sorry, im new to the site but what lands to we think are going to the 4th gate and how many lands? I would like to see Nintendo, Dream works, classic monsters, Jurassic world, fantastic beasts, a land for classic universal movies like jaws and back to the future. Also, wont mind a Christmas land I heard about awhile ago with frosty and Santa.
Cut out Jurassic World, Classic Universal movies like Jaws & BTTF, and a Christmas Land, and you'll be pretty close to what's rumored......and.....Welcome to the Forum :toast::thumbsup:

How To Train Your Dragon is a no-brainer in terms of IP's for the park, it's incredibly successful financially and it's Dreamwork's most critically acclaimed film series (even more so than Shrek). The biggest question I have is how they would implement HTTYD as a ride. A flying-theater attraction similar to Flight of Passage was the first thing that came to mind, but I don't see Universal trying to market that as a unique experience. A coaster seems like it would be a gross under-representation of the flying aspect of the franchise (unless it was similar to Dragon Gliders at Motiongate, but again, unique experiences), and while a traditional dark ride would be great, the real appeal of the series is flying on the back of a dragon.

What I'm trying to say is that I just want Universal to make Flight of Passage, but with a franchise I actually care about.

How To Train Your Dragon is a no-brainer in terms of IP's for the park, it's incredibly successful financially and it's Dreamwork's most critically acclaimed film series (even more so than Shrek). The biggest question I have is how they would implement HTTYD as a ride. A flying-theater attraction similar to Flight of Passage was the first thing that came to mind, but I don't see Universal trying to market that as a unique experience. A coaster seems like it would be a gross under-representation of the flying aspect of the franchise (unless it was similar to Dragon Gliders at Motiongate, but again, unique experiences), and while a traditional dark ride would be great, the real appeal of the series is flying on the back of a dragon.

What I'm trying to say is that I just want Universal to make Flight of Passage, but with a franchise I actually care about.

I'd rather see a Dark Ride than a Flight of Passage clone. Something like FJ mixed with Flight of Passage.

I also wouldn't see Dragon Gliders existing will mean much in the long run. A super small percentage of guests will ever know about the Dubai ride, let alone ever ride it.

But I do think HTTYD is a slam dunk for the park.

I would love to see it in a FoP style ride but do it better. I think that queue is overbuilt and they didn't nail the capacity. Do it better and for less, I would be happy. BTW I caught part of the movie the other night for the first time. Now I see why people rave about it.

I'm not a coaster person (I ride but don't follow them) but what about a bigger Manta? It flies and is B&M or did the relationship with B&M sour with the Hulk? Could be themed like you are riding a dragon?
Just rambling, don't skewer me please. A simple no will do.

I just think those coasters are way too intense for the family audience of HTTYD

I'd rather see a Dark Ride than a Flight of Passage clone. Something like FJ mixed with Flight of Passage.

I actually love this idea. Have the seating style similar to FoP, but have the actual mechanism be a KUKA arm. Allows it to simulate flight while also being able to move around.

The seats could be themed similar to the baby dragons from the second movie, and the whole premise of the ride is that they’re training the dragons how to fly (the names writes itself). Then, in classic Universal style, something goes wrong and you and your dragons get lost in some sort of cave/remote island outmaneuvering a larger, much more menacing dragon.

I’m sure someone more creative than me could come up with a better concept, but I feel this could really work and be a major E-Ticket for the fourth gate.

Last edited:
Allow me to once again scream into the Echo Chamber that HTTYD (ESPECIALLY, because of the new film) is the perfect IP for UFW.

I can't wait to see what Universal concocts with Berk and the amazing dragons if this is finally going down.

..as far as Flying Coaster and Intamin, perhaps UC is taking one of their..patents, and working with Intamin on a balls out concept Coaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.