Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 482 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Universal go down the road of promoting this park as 'worlds' and being the next big thing beyond just having 'lands' in parks, I don't think that 1 ride is going to cut it.

I think you're thinking like a theme park fan, not like a normal person who won't give a crap what they're called.

Hell, WWOHP, SWGE, Pandora, Cars Land, SNW, etc are all called "theme parks" when non-theme park press writes about them.

I think you're thinking like a theme park fan, not like a normal person who won't give a crap what they're called.

Hell, WWOHP, SWGE, Pandora, Cars Land, SNW, etc are all called "theme parks" when non-theme park press writes about them.

I’m thinking more promotion for the park. This will have fewer lands than surrounding parks and hearing that one of the lands only has 1 ride doesn’t sound great.

Reactions: HPFred
I’m thinking more promotion for the park. This will have fewer lands than surrounding parks and hearing that one of the lands only has 1 ride doesn’t sound great.

Eh, I don't think anyone is really going to pay attention to something like that. When IoA opened Lost Continent only had one ride as well.

Seeing some semi-confirmation about the Monsters has made my day! The blurry image in @Alicia's article is pretty much exactly what I was hoping we might get as a weenie for the land.

Well, it would have 2 "attractions", but one will be a ride

Do we believe the walkthrough will genuinely be an "attraction" worth our time, or an attraction in-name-only?

I mean, I'll be completely satisfied with a big, E-ticket-level dark ride, so everything else is just a cherry on top for me. I'm just curious if there will be other worthwhile stuff in the land, or if Universal will stretch the definition of an attraction to pad the park's attractions count.

Last edited:
Well, he’s writing it... so...

(Remember that “secret project” tweet from a few months back?)

It doesn't surprise me.. I remember all his tweets when he'd answer questions about what he used to do before HHN.. He'd talk about his career as a ride designer at Universal Creative and say he'd design several horror dark rides that were never produced.. glad to see he's on the Monsters dark ride project.. As he said this was his dream project..

Seeing some semi-confirmation about the Monsters has made my day! The blurry image in @Alicia's article is pretty much exactly what I was hoping we might get as a weenie for the land.

Do we believe the walkthrough will genuinely be an "attraction" worth our time, or an attraction in-name-only?

I mean, I'll be completely satisfied with a big, E-ticket-level dark ride, so everything is just a cherry on top for me. I'm just curious if there will be other worthwhile stuff in the land, or if Universal will stretch the definition of an attraction to pad the park's attractions count.
How about a Monster's Cafe with good food?

Hey, I'll be interested to see HOW he handles ride creation once more..

Out of curiosity, would Aiello be apart of the process as-well, not just Murdy?
Doubtful. They picked Murdy because he presented an appropriate product that was well received, and because he’s worked in ride design before. Mike hasn’t. Mike is a show guy, who has never worked in Creative. Mike’s involvement (barring a change in departments) will be limited to shows.

I mean, I'll be completely satisfied with a big, E-ticket-level dark ride, so everything is just a cherry on top for me. I'm just curious if there will be other worthwhile stuff in the land, or if Universal will stretch the definition of an attraction to pad the park's attractions count.

I legit couldn't tell you. It was mentioned to me as being the second attraction, which is all I have. Considering the source, I'd say it's probably a legit attraction.

Doubtful. They picked Murdy because he presented an appropriate product that was well received, and because he’s worked in ride design before. Mike hasn’t. Mike is a show guy, who has never worked in Creative. Mike’s involvement (barring a change in departments) will be limited to shows.

If that's the case I just hope Murdy holds back some of his..."edgy" tendencies. I'd hope for this to skew more towards the classic than not.

Give me my dark speak easy bar with a gothic jazz band and I will never complain again

Also, the Van Helsing plans could certainly be adapted here, plus the Kuka tech is severely underutilized IMO

Reactions: Scott W.
Status
Not open for further replies.