Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 546 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some things should be better defined, within the context of how Fantastic Worlds may look. And we can reference the KidZone Mushroom Kingdom Plans.

Land - A featured, IP based component with at least three attractions, a restaurant and a store. Mushroom Kingdom, with Peach's Castle, Bowser's Castle, Yoshi, etc. is a "land."

Mini-Land - An area tangentially themed to an associated land, featuring one or two attractions and a shop or restaurant. DK's Jungle would be considered a "mini-land." Mini-lands may expand to become fully-formed lands in the future.

I think, even by establishing things this way, it helps clarify ideas.

(The following is all wishful thinking)
(World of Dreams) DreamWorks - Anchored by a Berk land and surrounded by Trolls, Croods, and Kung-fu Panda mini-lands.
(World of Play) Nintendo - Mushroom Kingdom land surrounded by DK Jungle, Pokémon, Hyrule mini-lands.
(World of Magic) Fantastic Beasts - Paris land paired with Beauxbatons mini-land.
(World of Monsters) Monsters - Transylvania land flanked by Egypt, Amazon, and Scooby-Doo's Creepy Carnival mini-lands.
I feel Kung Fu Panda will be the anchor for Dreamworks land

Pokémon has plenty of options for ride ideas. Snap ride, Fly over all regions in the back of a flying Pokémon, surf boat ride in the back of a Pokémon, ride moving through the map and ending up at the Elite 4. There are tons of ideas out there. It has just as many or more than HTTYD. Outside of rides it has plenty of food and shopping ideas along with shows and meet and greets. It deserves a whole land if HTTYD would get one. Bigger franchise and a far greater fan base.

Pokémon has plenty of options for ride ideas. Snap ride, Fly over all regions in the back of a flying Pokémon, surf boat ride in the back of a Pokémon, ride moving through the map and ending up at the Elite 4.
I'm game for climbing into the carved out back of a Wailmer. Just as long as they don't throw in too many of the new generations - I stopped three or four generations ago and don't think I can handle all the new Pokémon now.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Because not every IP needs that much attention.

So they give an IP that not a lot of people have heard of an attraction (Bourne) and there's currently rides based on old comics in the parks (who's heard of Dudley? Cause I haven't), but they won't build an attraction based on one of the biggest TV shows to come out in recent memory? One that allows for plenty of call backs to old attractions and movies (BTTF, Jurassic Park, etc)?

That makes no sense to me. I love Universal, but they criminally underuse a lot of IP's that they have at their disposal (Marvel, Fast and Furious, Universal Classics, even Jurassic Park to an extent).

So they give an IP that not a lot of people have heard of an attraction (Bourne) and there's currently rides based on old comics in the parks (who's heard of Dudley? Cause I haven't), but they won't build an attraction based on one of the biggest TV shows to come out in recent memory? One that allows for plenty of call backs to old attractions and movies (BTTF, Jurassic Park, etc)?

That makes no sense to me. I love Universal, but they criminally underuse a lot of IP's that they have at their disposal (Marvel, Fast and Furious, Universal Classics, even Jurassic Park to an extent).

It could happen if Netflix wanted to pay for it.

Kinda missing the forest for the trees here.

Plus it seems both Universal and Netflix are happy with the amount they have in the parks through HHN. How many people said they wanted a TWD attraction in 2012 that now moan about the house in USH?

To be fair though, I've heard that the house is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.