Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 565 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope we don’t get any maze walkthroughs for classic monsters. That’s just low tier stuff IMO. Give me a grand e ticket FJ ride through Dracula’s castle.

Reactions: jrn14
I really hope we don’t get any maze walkthroughs for classic monsters. That’s just low tier stuff IMO. Give me a grand e ticket FJ ride through Dracula’s castle.
I'm hoping by the "walkthrough" rumor, they're talking about a Poseidon type show experience.

I actually really love the Poseidon setup, and think it would work great with many IPs, including Classic Monsters, Pokemon, Fantastic Beasts, etc.

Reactions: truejonas
I'll tell you for sure in a few months but that seems to be the general consensus and if it's not crappy, it's certainly not great or as good was expected.

Most people do (including myself)
How can you guys possibly conclude a ride is crappy when you haven’t been on it? It doesn’t sound great to me, nor have I ever expected it to be, but I’m certainly gonna give it a chance.

Also, to call out SR as proof of a big IP giving a “crappy” ride when F&F exists is an interesting overlook.

Reactions: Joel
How can you guys possibly conclude a ride is crappy when you haven’t been on it? It doesn’t sound great to me, nor have I ever expected it to be, but I’m certainly gonna give it a chance.

Also, to call out SR as proof of a big IP giving a “crappy” ride when F&F exists is an interesting overlook.
There's really only been two rides at all the Disney and Orlando resorts that I did not like at all, and would consider crappy....F&F and Stitch. That's it. Everything else I've rode has been varying degrees of fun....I'm pretty easy when it comes to ride satisfaction. :)

There's really only been two rides at all the Disney and Orlando resorts that I did not like at all, and would consider crappy....F&F and Stitch. That's it. Everything else I've rode has been varying degrees of fun....I'm pretty easy when it comes to ride satisfaction. :)
This is pretty much me. Even if something is “meh” in comparison to something like Spider-Man at IOA its enjoyable at the very least. Haven’t been on Fast and Furious though, but I don’t expect an attraction of that quality at this new park. Of course that’s hard to predict but I think they are going all in here. We shall
see

Reactions: Mad Dog

I feel like people are jumping on the bandwagon because some people in the Dis community say it isn’t the best. Which is fine but it’s best to have your own mind and not follow the crowd.

I don't think they would want to theme a hotel in the Hub to an IP...because the Hub is supposed to transport you to other worlds not be part of a world.

I actually brought up in saying, that the hotel wouldn't be necessarily connected more towards the IP. But more, towards the city that the IP is represented in.

Just my own personal take, but it's something I could very much see (albeit in a similar sense to how Miracosta is represented.

Meanwhile, I'd wager if it'd be more possible for a Reign of Kong situation, where there are actors within the queue with the attraction borrowing scenic ideas from The Munsters and the old school films in a sense (but dialed a bit to the intensity level of Reign of Kong).

Like I said, I'll tell you in a few months after I ride it.

F&F may be a big IP as far as box office goes but I wouldn't say it's as culturally significant as Star Wars. The point was more that when it comes to building a ride or land, nothing is too big to fail.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I'm hoping by the "walkthrough" rumor, they're talking about a Poseidon type show experience.

I actually really love the Poseidon setup, and think it would work great with many IPs, including Classic Monsters, Pokemon, Fantastic Beasts, etc.

I think a walkthrough of Newt's case would be a great way to show off the creatures/AAs - have one of Newt's "assistants" (seeing as they introduced the idea in Crimes of Grindelwald) be the tour guide. I'd almost say more of a Triceratops Encounter in feel, but on a Poseidon's scale.

I think that Universal is going to surprise here. Think about some of the stuff that they have done. Halloween Horror Nights....Forbidden Journey....Hogwarts Express (park to park).....Volcano Bay. Universal is not afraid to push theme park boundaries.

I would expect more interactive elements.....more themed dining & retail.....hotels with direct access to the park.....and new incredible rides that kick it up a notch.

I think that Universal is going to surprise here. Think about some of the stuff that they have done. Halloween Horror Nights....Forbidden Journey....Hogwarts Express (park to park).....Volcano Bay. Universal is not afraid to push theme park boundaries.

I would expect more interactive elements.....more themed dining & retail.....hotels with direct access to the park.....and new incredible rides that kick it up a notch.
I really hope so! I think the only thing which could prevent this from happening is if they were spread too thin, and created some lower quality products. But I have faith in UOR. :)

I know I was absolutely blown away by IOA when I first went (couple years after opening). I'm thinking it'll be the same experience.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Status
Not open for further replies.