Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not trying to make people uncomfortable. Nor am I trying to say it as a brony (which, I am); but that I do believe that Allspark Pictures has potential if they do things the way I hope. And that I do agree that people should expect some left fields.

Oh no I know you aren't! Not saying you at all. Its more so the ones that get advertised with the rainbow dash or whatever her name is dyed hair and stickers and dresses up as them. I'm fine with it but others may feel out of their element.

Oh no I know you aren't! Not saying you at all. Its more so the ones that get advertised with the rainbow dash or whatever her name is dyed hair and stickers and dresses up as them. I'm fine with it but others may feel out of their element.

Oh, alright. Was confused, and thought you were somewhat going at me, as I have been the only one that posted anything in regards to the upcoming theatrical film on the forums.

As for (whatever her name is dyer hair and stickers), I don't know who you are referring too. xD

That said, I do think that there may be two surprises in particular. One I have seen mentioned before, and the other being a blind guess on my part.

I would totally love to see a wild western version land of back to the future part 3 but I highly doubt like yoi Said Uni would bring back both Jaws and BTTF. I heard something about a 70mph bttf coaster but that plan failed. only thing I can think of Jaws even though its less likely have a beach setting at amity island.

I never knew how much I want to see UC take on a submarine ride....hopefully something more dynamic thrilling and intense compared to the other ones currently made. (20,000 Leagues TDS, Atlantis LEGOLAND Windsor, Nemo Disneyland, That awful seaworld one).

I never knew how much I want to see UC take on a submarine ride....hopefully something more dynamic thrilling and intense compared to the other ones currently made. (20,000 Leagues TDS, Atlantis LEGOLAND Windsor, Nemo Disneyland, That awful seaworld one).
Not sure after Jaws they'll go again for water and something fast moving in it. It's a maintanance nightmare.

Not sure after Jaws they'll go again for water and something fast moving in it. It's a maintanance nightmare.

I wasn't so much talking speed but more so think you are going for nice water ride. Sub gets attacked, starts to see cracks, water seeps in, something that would get people's heart racing not so much speeding.

If they want to do a sub, please make sure the ventilation is good. If you have been in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and had someone "pass gas" it can be Hell.

Ni No Kuni would make a great video game theme park land. I'm surprised I never really realized how easily it would translate over to theme park and how well it could do. Due to its cartoonish nature it would easy to build AA galore for the land/attractions that look good because they aren't humanoid so no uncanny valley as well as sell a lot of plushes like Banshee. The games also use boats and flying so that way you could easily make multiple rides off one land

When it comes to video game IP's, I think it has to depend on a few factors of if it could work for a theme park.

To list two examples,

1.) The General Public - This is something that I would think is crucial. One of the reasons why SNW will work, is that a good few of the characters are very well easy to know. Now, will that be the case with every video game IP? Maybe not. There has to be some form of a larger awareness, because if not; it could go niche real quick.

2.) Will it be Timeless - To me, this I find more important than GP. If a IP or concept can last longer than one particular field, this may be a great thing. I think it's even more crucial when it comes to games.

Games can have the potential to either be easy to think of, or complex enough to have trouble. I think it's very important if Universal Creative/Comcast desires to bring more video game IP's to the park, is if they will be able to keep pushing the IP for more than 5 to 8 years. It's stuff like Transformers, Simpsons, Jurassic Park/World, and Harry Potter where people will know what is what by the characters, locations, and worlds being created.

If an IP like Ni No Kuni happens, you have to be delicate and careful on what you try to do; as it won't be a series that everyone will know off the bat.

When it comes to video game IP's, I think it has to depend on a few factors of if it could work for a theme park.

To list two examples,

1.) The General Public - This is something that I would think is crucial. One of the reasons why SNW will work, is that a good few of the characters are very well easy to know. Now, will that be the case with every video game IP? Maybe not. There has to be some form of a larger awareness, because if not; it could go niche real quick.

2.) Will it be Timeless - To me, this I find more important than GP. If a IP or concept can last longer than one particular field, this may be a great thing. I think it's even more crucial when it comes to games.

Games can have the potential to either be easy to think of, or complex enough to have trouble. I think it's very important if Universal Creative/Comcast desires to bring more video game IP's to the park, is if they will be able to keep pushing the IP for more than 5 to 8 years. It's stuff like Transformers, Simpsons, Jurassic Park/World, and Harry Potter where people will know what is what by the characters, locations, and worlds being created.

If an IP like Ni No Kuni happens, you have to be delicate and careful on what you try to do; as it won't be a series that everyone will know off the bat.

I think UC does a lot better with somewhat known IPs rather than beloved IPs because there is less pressure to live up to and it also allows for a lot more creative avenues for them to achieve things.

Outside Potter, the not as big internationally rides have been better received by guests as well as people on here when it was set and done than those IPs that are really really well known and beloved. Even Disney is having this problem. Pandora wasn't loved by many but once it was done, people really really liked the land. So its part of the reason why I think this would do well.

The biggest draw to Ni No Kuni would be the familiars and its colorful deep setting. It doesn't rely to much on anything that would require screens and the animation is soft enough to easily be AAs which would be crucial.

I get that its not Mario level however Universal have already worked with the owners of this game on two other really really well received attractions overseas so I'm sure they could do well with this.

What is the littlest known IP in the US that Uni has made a ride in the Comcast era for? Kong? Fallon? We aren't talking niche properties here. We have debates on here about whether major properties they have access to will get a ride or land. I really don't think these small properties ever have a chance of seeing the parks in any way outside a gift show. Especially when Uni doesn't own them outright. How well they'd translate to a park setting really is irrelevant.

What is the littlest known IP in the US that Uni has made a ride in the Comcast era for? Kong? Fallon? We aren't talking niche properties here. We have debates on here about whether major properties they have access to will get a ride or land. I really don't think these small properties ever have a chance of seeing the parks in any way outside a gift show. Especially when Uni doesn't own them outright. How well they'd translate to a park setting really is irrelevant.

I would argue right now, the most niche thing in Universal Orlando Resort; is admittedably Toon Lagoon in general.

Comcast didn't build that.

I was assuming anywhere for UOR's history.

As for most niche, it depends on where. Hollywood is most definitely TWDA, but for Orlando..I would say arguably Kong or Fallon.

Now, keep in mind that Kong just got a new spin-off film at Warner Brothers, an he'll be tackling Godzilla in a few years, but that Fallon is growing more and more in different markets. Especially since Comcast took over, The Tonight Show has blown up more with Fallon hosting.

I was assuming anywhere for UOR's history.

As for most niche, it depends on where. Hollywood is most definitely TWDA, but for Orlando..I would say arguably Kong or Fallon.

Now, keep in mind that Kong just got a new spin-off film at Warner Brothers, an he'll be tackling Godzilla in a few years, but that Fallon is growing more and more in different markets. Especially since Comcast took over, The Tonight Show has blown up more with Fallon hosting.

That's my point. Even TWD was a pretty big deal when the attraction was built. They aren't building rides for small properties.

1. Universal has ownership in two other parks not in the US where most things "niche" are quite popular. 2. Universal loves cloning. So while people here scream oh its a major property doesn't mean it translates around the world. Last time I checked thats why Tokyo Disneyland didn't want Marvel and China doesn't give any care about Star Wars. 3. In the case of the game I mentioned, Universal already has an agreement for all that companies IPs usage in parks and have been using their IPs for 3-4 years now.

Its like people are screaming I want non IP rides but then when small IP based rides get mentioned they state Universal would never do that because the IP is too small while at least that IP has some fans compared to an original idea.

Last edited:
1. Universal has ownership in two other parks not in the US where most things "niche" are quite popular. 2. Universal loves cloning. So while people here scream oh its a major property doesn't mean it translates around the world. Last time I checked thats why Tokyo Disneyland didn't want Marvel and China doesn't give any care about Star Wars.

Its like people are screaming I want non IP rides but then when small IP based rides get mentioned they state Universal would never do that because the IP is too small while at least that IP has some fans compared to an original idea.

I'm not asking for non-IP rides. The ones doing that are probably the same ones wanting their pet IP to get a ride or land. I don't think either is going to happen. We are in an IP driven era of theme parks, and Uni has access to a lot of IP's with only so much room to build even with the new land. Random Anime IP's are not coming to the US parks.

I'm not asking for non-IP rides. The ones doing that are probably the same ones wanting their pet IP to get a ride or land. I don't think either is going to happen. We are in an IP driven era of theme parks, and Uni has access to a lot of IP's with only so much room to build even with the new land. Random Anime IP's are not coming to the US parks.

That IP is a video game not anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.