Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 303 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the leading theory, but it is still just a theory...

An example configuration could be Mushroom Kingdom/Donkey Kong Country in the new 4th gate, Pokemon taking over KidZone at USF, and Zelda taking over Lost Continent at IOA. Just an example though. No one know for sure what is going to happen at this point. And it is all rumor or speculation as to what will go where.

If Poseidon's Fury has to go away, I kind of hope they keep the basic layout and premise of PF but gear it toward Zelda-style dungeon exploration. Mostly I want the water tunnel to stay.

I'm so excited about the potential of this new park and would love to see some of elements of immersion as well as theming akin to Tokyo DisneySea and Animal Kingdom. Now I know you might be asking why should Universal emulate their competition but why not ? They have already created one of the best lands in a theme park with Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade and Hogwarts Castle.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Would be nice to see some original lands amongst these worlds. Does everything have to be attached to some sort of IP? Other than the entrance?

They could pull a Pirates of the Caribbean/Jungle Cruise, where they build an original attraction that becomes a movie somewhere down the line.

But, that being said, Classic Monsters is probably the closest we’ll have to an original land. And that might not come at all.

This might sound dramatic, but I would feel crushed if they dont bring the classic monsters/dark universe into this new gate.

It all depends on how much Universal wants to save for a possible fourth theme park. In this park, we might have....
  • Super Nintendo World (Mushroom Kingdom with expansions, possibly Zelda or Pokémon)
  • Jurassic World
  • DreamWorks
  • Fantastic Beasts
There might not be enough room/budget for a fifth major land, even if Universal wants to do it. They could also save it for an expansion.

————————————

Am I the only one who thinks this park will be more like USJ than Tokyo Disney Sea? Sure, TDS’s theming will be more immersive, but USJ is probably the best Universal park as a whole.

It all depends on how much Universal wants to save for a possible fourth theme park. In this park, we might have....
  • Super Nintendo World (Mushroom Kingdom with expansions, possibly Zelda or Pokémon)
  • Jurassic World
  • DreamWorks
  • Fantastic Beasts
There might not be enough room/budget for a fifth major land, even if Universal wants to do it. They could also save it for an expansion.

————————————

Am I the only one who thinks this park will be more like USJ than Tokyo Disney Sea? Sure, TDS’s theming will be more immersive, but USJ is probably the best Universal park as a whole.
This is where are I disagree with some posters. I don’t want JW or FB in the new Park. Leave those franchises to the IOA or USF. I want brand new or never before done concepts at the 4th gate. Also why would USJ be the guideline when it’s just another Studios Park that exist in 4 locations.

This is where are I disagree with some posters. I don’t want JW or FB in the new Park. Leave those franchises to the IOA or USF. I want brand new or never before done concepts at the 4th gate. Also why would USJ be the guideline when it’s just another Studios Park that exist in 4 locations.

I’m okay with Fantastic Beasts, but I 100% agree on JW. There’s fundamentally no difference between JW and JP. JW is just a worse version of JP. Both should not have lands. One is enough

I’m okay with Fantastic Beasts, but I 100% agree on JW. There’s fundamentally no difference between JW and JP. JW is just a worse version of JP. Both should not have lands. One is enough

There’s a big difference between JP and JW, and there’s no room for any major new attractions in IOA. The most they can fit in there is a small coaster. That’s it. We’ll never see the gyrosphere, Jeep ride, or any major coasters unless it’s in the new park. JP deserves better than what it has.

Not the attractions at USJ, but more of the general feel and layout.

There’s a big difference between JP and JW, and there’s no room for any major new attractions in IOA. The most they can fit in there is a small coaster. That’s it. We’ll never see the gyrosphere, Jeep ride, or any major coasters unless it’s in the new park. JP deserves better than what it has.\

I mean you were never going to see the jeep ride either way.

Just take whatever the Gyrosphere is and retheme the ride around it to something else. We don't need two Jurassic lands.

I mean you were never going to see the jeep ride either way.

Just take whatever the Gyrosphere is and retheme the ride around it to something else. We don't need two Jurassic lands.

It might be hard to retheme the gyrosphere. It’s based around something that doesn’t really make sense for anything else.

And, I still rest my case. If Kong never got shoehorned into a place it didn’t belong, we wouldn’t have this problem.

Really don't think there is enough to JW versus JP, nor enough potential difference to be had in the minds of the general public to warrant a land in site B. At least not to the same capacity of Fantastic Beasts by the time all is said and done I'd think when it comes to things to draw from the movies.

Reactions: HPFred and Andysol
I really don’t see the fourth gate having an original land. Beijing doesn’t have one (from what we know), Japan doesn’t have one, Hollywood doesn’t have one, and Orlando has LC, which is going to be removed in a couple of years. It wouldn’t make any sense, considering Universal’s track record.

Reactions: Mad Dog
With Universal now having access to so many IP's (Nintendo, Potter, and their own with Universal/Illuminations/Dreamworks) it doesn't make much business sense to go with a non IP land where you would have to market interest and manufacture a storyline/concept that may, or may not, prove popular. If you have a property that already has fans/interest/exposure, that's half the battle to success. The other half is good implementation of rides/shows/restaurants etc.

The one real chance at an original "land" and content i can see happening is whatever the 4th park's "port of entry"/hub ends up being. otherwise they have too much ips to work with to not use as much as they can.

• Jurassic World
  • DreamWorks
  • Fantastic Beasts

I'm hoping for a Fantastic Beasts/Wizarding World hotel that connects to the new park. It would be perfect, we've always wanted a Harry Potter hotel but it just didn't make sense with the original novels. Now, they gave the ability to tie it in directly to the upcoming movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.