Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 384 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ride vehicle looks like a huge hang glider. What if we (for HTTYD), because we are not friendly with any dragons yet, to go with them on an adventure with this specially made hang glider. It's made from wood and cloth to fit the world. What if this ride part on rails and part screen like Hogwarts zipping in and out screens and dark-ride area's.

As a big fan of the series that would be super disappointing to me. If I can’t ride a dragon in a HTTYD ride, I’m gonna be really disappointed

Reactions: SeventyOne
The biggest thing to remember about patents is just because they publish it doesn't mean it will happen. They had all these great ones that were waterpark related and we got zero of them (I'm still bitter UC about that, i wanted that glowing color changing sand, the interactive water mats, and the augmenting waterslide)

To go back to the Fantastic Beasts discussion, what if, instead of somewhere like Brazil or Paris, we saw Nurmengard? You'd have to assume that it'll be shown sometime, given the fact that Grindelwald is the main villain in the series.

To go back to the Fantastic Beasts discussion, what if, instead of somewhere like Brazil or Paris, we saw Nurmengard? You'd have to assume that it'll be shown sometime, given the fact that Grindelwald is the main villain in the series.

I seriously doubt they’re going to build the wizarding world’s version of a concentration camp

As a big fan of the series that would be super disappointing to me. If I can’t ride a dragon in a HTTYD ride, I’m gonna be really disappointed
That is fine but how would you want that to work?
Something like Dombo:
- gutted elephant with a seat in it's body?
- virtually sitting on something like FoP?
- a ride vehicle with the head of a dragon and a tail at the end?
- ?

Because something like this will never work in a theme park:
How-To-Train-Your-Dragon-Live-550x328.jpg

That is fine but how would you want that to work?
Something like Dombo:
- gutted elephant with a seat in it's body?
- virtually sitting on something like FoP?
- a ride vehicle with the head of a dragon and a tail at the end?
- ?

Because something like this will never work in a theme park:
How-To-Train-Your-Dragon-Live-550x328.jpg

Something that size would never work, no. But I damn well expect something better than "Oh here, ride a wooden training dragon".

Also, I cited FoP as something that also fails in this regard. Maybe if it was like the leaked picture of Iger riding the Avatar Dragon.

Wait, it's a concentration camp? I always figured it was like Azkaban.

It was a prison built by a man during WWII who saw another group of people as inferior. Yea, it was a concentration camp.

But either way, it doesn't make any sense to theme something around a prison.

Reactions: HPFred
Something that size would never work, no. But I damn well expect something better than "Oh here, ride a wooden training dragon".

Also, I cited FoP as something that also fails in this regard. Maybe if it was like the leaked picture of Iger riding the Avatar Dragon.

You didn’t answer his question. All you did was shoot down the possible ways he mentioned.

How are you going to physically be riding a dragon?

Avatar is a great ride that was done very well.

Nope.

Any ride system/vehicle will always have visible restraints and thing's that will take away from the imersion.

Restraints don't bother me.

What bothers me is telling me I'm riding an animal when I can't see said animal. Makes no sense.

The whole point of HTTYD would be to ride a dragon. If you can't do that, they shouldn't bother.

Considering the whole plot of the film AVATAR, is that humans enter a AVATAR to become one of the Navi, I think they did a great job of running with that concept.

The ride vehicle that 'breathes" was probably unnecessary, but it adds to the overall experience.

You can hate FOP, but to say it wasn't "well done" is just your opinion getting in the way of facts.

Nope.

Restraints don't bother me.

What bothers me is telling me I'm riding an animal when I can't see said animal. Makes no sense.

The whole point of HTTYD would be to ride a dragon. If you can't do that, they shouldn't bother.

Your mind is linked. If you pay attention to the pre-shows, they say it themselves.

A ride vehicle is just a ride vehicle. Do you really think you are riding an actual E-Vac transformer on the ride? Yeah, Big Thunder is a mine train... but I know it's a coaster.

I don't mind the ride vehicle/system itself as long as it hides itself once the ride is in motion.

Reactions: HPFred and therock
Your mind is linked. If you pay attention to the pre-shows, they say it themselves.

Your mind is linked with the Avatar riding the dragon. Yet...you can't see the dragon?

A ride vehicle is just a ride vehicle. Do you really think you are riding an actual E-Vac transformer on the ride?

I think Transformers does a better job convincing me I am doing that than Flight of Passage does convincing me I'm on the back of a living animal.

Honestly, I think the idea of riding alongside the dragons and their trainers from HTTYD on a hang glider would make a lot more sense thematically than riding an actual dragon. They show in the movies that riding and training a dragon is no small feat, so for us as a guest in the world to just hop on a dragon and start riding it really makes no sense. However, the guests being on a hang glider, exploring the world through the sky alongside all of our favorite dragons and trainers from the films would make a lot more thematic sense and would be a very enjoyable ride.

With FOP, I was so wrapped up in the actual visuals I didn't even think about my ride vehicle being, well, a ride vehicle. The point is to be immersed in the experience. If you are always thinking about the being able to see the people around you, being able to know you are in a vehicle etc, then you are going to miss the whole experience. I thought it was amazing and was utterly surprised at how "real" it felt.

It doesn't make sense that the MIB would let us fight a supermax full of aliens either, but we do that just fine.
Sure, but that still doesn't make it acceptable for new rides to be thematically inconsistent. No matter which way you look at it, being thematically inconsistent is a flaw, period. It doesn't mean that MIB is a bad ride (which it isn't), but it definitely has some flaws.

With FOP, I was so wrapped up in the actual visuals I didn't even think about my ride vehicle being, well, a ride vehicle. The point is to be immersed in the experience. If you are always thinking about the being able to see the people around you, being able to know you are in a vehicle etc, then you are going to miss the whole experience. I thought it was amazing and was utterly surprised at how "real" it felt.

I'm glad you liked it that much. Personally I found the visuals and the experience so dull that I couldn't help but notice everything else around me.

I just really want something much more ambitious for HTTYD.

Sure, but that still doesn't make it acceptable for new rides to be thematically inconsistent. No matter which way you look at it, being thematically inconsistent is a flaw, period. It doesn't mean that MIB is a bad ride (which it isn't), but it definitely has some flaws.

I think the idea that riding a dragon in a ride based on a property about riding dragons is thematically inconsistent a bit of a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.