Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 385 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With FOP, I was so wrapped up in the actual visuals I didn't even think about my ride vehicle being, well, a ride vehicle. The point is to be immersed in the experience. If you are always thinking about the being able to see the people around you, being able to know you are in a vehicle etc, then you are going to miss the whole experience. I thought it was amazing and was utterly surprised at how "real" it felt.
I completely agree with you on this. I've heard a lot of people say they hate Kong because they can see the bottom of the screens in certain parts of the ride. But honestly, I've ridden the ride multiple times and the only time I saw the bottom of the screen was when I actively was looking for it. The ride itself can try as hard as it wants to immerse the guest, but ultimately it comes down to the guest's willingness to be immersed that will determine whether or not they actually get immersed in the ride.

As a big fan of the series that would be super disappointing to me. If I can’t ride a dragon in a HTTYD ride, I’m gonna be really disappointed
You’re kind of asking for a lot. You want to ride a Dragon and not have it feel like a ride vehicle. Sounds like a tall order at least to me.

Also you should be careful. You’re starting to act like me on this one ;)

You’re kind of asking for a lot. You want to ride a Dragon and not have it feel like a ride vehicle. Sounds like a tall order at least to me.

Also you should be careful. You’re starting to act like me on this one ;)

Oh it's definitely a tall order. I'm not saying it'd be easy. But it'd be a copout to have us riding a hang glider, and I'm gonna stick with that opinion. Not saying a ride like that can't be *good*, but it would certainly be *disappointing*, at least for me.

Oh it's definitely a tall order. I'm not saying it'd be easy. But it'd be a copout to have us riding a hang glider, and I'm gonna stick with that opinion. Not saying a ride like that can't be *good*, but it would certainly be *disappointing*, at least for me.
What you’re asking for would also be asking for a new kind of load process that keeps the illusion. Can’t have you believing you’re on a real Dragon if when you get on it it’s just sitting lifeless.

Since you mentioned it before, this is likely why Disney didn’t end up using the Banshee ride vehicle that was leaked. They realized it would be a bit too much for a ride that already works without it.

Reactions: HPFred
Really? I expected the flying coaster in the new park....That's where speculation gets you I guess haha

I don't think JW comes to Park 3. I'll plant my flag on that one. I think the land in IoA will become the catchall for Jurassic.

What you’re asking for would also be asking for a new kind of load process that keeps the illusion. Can’t have you believing you’re on a real Dragon if when you get on it it’s just sitting lifeless.

Since you mentioned it before, this is likely why Disney didn’t end up using the Banshee ride vehicle that was leaked. They realized it would be a bit too much for a ride that already works without it.

If I had my druthers, and the KUKA ride became a thing, I'd have the dragon have very limited head movements/eye blinks, but nothing else.

I'm being *slightly* hyperbolic with all this, but if they just ripoff FoP (which I do not like in the slightest) for a property I've been waiting for for a long, long time, I will be super bummed.

Reactions: shiekra38
Just saying this out loud...what if Jurassic World is merely a front when you consider Gate 3? I'll believe it when I see it, but something has..shall we say, irked me on that front.

I get the distinct impression that for the first 3 years, anything from Jurassic World in Beijing will in reality, be exclusive and locked for only China when it comes to new attractions (like the Gyrosphere).

As of now, I more believe that Jurassic World if it comes to UOR, will be apart of a restructuring project for the Island's area, and nothing more. That would count splitting the R&D for the River Adventure updates being done to Hollywood, the new coaster, and theming improvements.

I'd be glad to be proven wrong, but as of now I don't buy JW in Gate 3.

Reactions: HPFred
Something to also..say, if you will.

Jurassic World, should be a finished trilogy by the time Universal's new park opens. Why not strike now, while you can still fully capitalize on the Dinosaur's established; such as Blue and the I-Rex?

Hollywood, while not having a good amount of land for something more, is doing that with the River Adventure revamp. Osaka, is also playing smart; as they brought Jurassic World into the parks in a larger scale first with Universal Spectacle. And as Beijing will be opening by before the time of JW3, I think it wouldn't make sense for Orlando to hold off.

I don't think JW comes to Park 3. I'll plant my flag on that one. I think the land in IoA will become the catchall for Jurassic.

If I had my druthers, and the KUKA ride became a thing, I'd have the dragon have very limited head movements/eye blinks, but nothing else.

I'm being *slightly* hyperbolic with all this, but if they just ripoff FoP (which I do not like in the slightest) for a property I've been waiting for for a long, long time, I will be super bummed.
Universal has severly under utilized the Kuka system...I know it made people sick on FJ, but that is because of the screen elements (which they fixed)

They need to have another application of it

Something to also..say, if you will.

Jurassic World, should be a finished trilogy by the time Universal's new park opens. Why not strike now, while you can still fully capitalize on the Dinosaur's established; such as Blue and the I-Rex?

Hollywood, while not having a good amount of land for something more, is doing that with the River Adventure revamp. Osaka, is also playing smart; as they brought Jurassic World into the parks in a larger scale first with Universal Spectacle. And as Beijing will be opening by before the time of JW3, I think it wouldn't make sense for Orlando to hold off.

Plot twist: Jurassic World is a distraction from the real IP we're all under-estimating, LOTR ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.