UOR Announcement/Info After D23? | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

UOR Announcement/Info After D23?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Speaking of Marvel... do you guys think they'll be changing Spidey much? The ride is such a classic, I hope we only see queue changes if anything.

I'm not expecting much to change in Spidey outside of getting Tom Holland to voice him (if MCU is coming) and a new queue/preshow videos

Very right. Uni's opening so much in the future, and the park's & resort are so solid, that the chances of a pre Harry Potter Hogsmeade type slowdown are unlikely. Plus, as has been mentioned, Kong, Hulk, & Sapphire are a strong one two punch and an uppercut.

Not to mention if this parade is a real addition and will hopefully be a lot better than previous efforts

I just want a new ride for JP, and no, Kong does not count, IDC how many dinos are in it.
Something to replace Pteradon Flyers, please. That ride just needs to go. Something similar could work, if the idea was expanded, capacity was better, had indoor/dark ride sections with actual dinosaurs, and maybe using the "door coaster" technology.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Also, I think they have to give a reason for closing 2 attractions at the park at once. Uni probably saw the reaction DHS got when it closed a bunch of stuff and wants to get out of the way of that.

This is probably the best reason to announce F&F and Fallon so soon.

Never seen the Harry Potter films before so I have no idea what could happen, but what do you guys think a Ministry of Magic expansion/attraction could be? I'm assuming a slow-moving dark ride with AAs? Honestly no clue. And where would it go? I would assume either Lost Continent or Fear Factor Live.

I don't buy the Ministry of Magic stuff. I think Phase 3 of Potter will be upgrading what we already have in the parks. FJ going 3-D, DC getting an overhaul similar to Hulk, new set pieces in the lands, etc.

I don't buy the Ministry of Magic stuff. I think Phase 3 of Potter will be upgrading what we already have in the parks. FJ going 3-D, DC getting an overhaul similar to Hulk, new set pieces in the lands, etc.

I may be in the minority here, I don't know, but I for one would rather DC not get an overhaul. In fact, I'd rather they eventually demo DC to use for a Wizarding World expansion area. DC is a shell of what it once was, and even more it eats up a huge plot of land. I know there has been talk of Potter eventually taking over the rest of the Lost Continent, but there is that small part of me that has hopes that LC can be restored to its former glory with some TLC and a Poseidon replacement. But that just may be nostalgia and wishful thinking talking there.

I think FJ will go 3D as it's own thing and not whenever Phase 3 is (just a guess, I have no inside info).

It'd make sense for it to debut with Kong and Hulk next summer but I could see them waiting for Hollywood to open first.

While I can see that, I guess my gut reaction is to ask how long the conversion to 3D would take? How long of a closure time for the ride would we be looking at? If it's anything more then a couple week to a month, I see them waiting until Kong and Hulk open to do the conversion. With the talk of Twister and Disaster closing shortly, coupled with Hulk's refurb, I could see them holding off if only to avoid to many attraction closures during the same period of time. It would make more sense to stager it out a bit.

While I can see that, I guess my gut reaction is to ask how long the conversion to 3D would take? How long of a closure time for the ride would we be looking at? If it's anything more then a couple week to a month, I see them waiting until Kong and Hulk open to do the conversion. With the talk of Twister and Disaster closing shortly, coupled with Hulk's refurb, I could see them holding off if only to avoid to many attraction closures during the same period of time. It would make more sense to stager it out a bit.
It probably wouldn't take much longer than Spider-Man did.

It probably wouldn't take much longer than Spider-Man did.

How long exactly did Spiderman take? I know is was announced in 2011 and debuted in 2012, but I can't find when the actual refurb happened or how long it took. It all happened during my time in Cali and USH, so I didn't follow it myself while it was happening.

How long exactly did Spiderman take? I know is was announced in 2011 and debuted in 2012, but I can't find when the actual refurb happened or how long it took. It all happened during my time in Cali and USH, so I didn't follow it myself while it was happening.
I think it debuted in March 2012, I know it took a month.

Geeez, this is a Wednesday and it would be such a good night for some new big UC leak to come out. Alas, I have nothing that I can talk about presently and some of the newer mystery projects of Nintendo and Marvel are beyond my reach. I hope some of you that have connections can enlighten us with details soon!