UOR Announcement/Info After D23? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

UOR Announcement/Info After D23?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I now assume that any meetings between Disney, Marvel and Universal were regarding the bringing of Hulk (and possibly more) into the MCU. That would make a lot of sense to me.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting, when the hype dies down, and it's summer of 2017, what happens if nothing's completed at DHS by then.
They announce Syndrome's Lair for the LMA plot and a GotG ride for SoA (my wishful thinking).

Announcements are cheap. And if they keep them coming the Disney fans will lap it up. Worked for 8 years after pleasure Island closed.

The biggest difference is we have concrete stuff to talk about when it comes to WDW. They literally went from having almost nothing confirmed in the pipeline to a real significant amount.

Some knowledgable sources are saying 2.5 years for TSL. While I find that hard to believe, I have to remind myself that this is Disney we're talking about.
It took 1.5 years to complete Storybook circus and that land already had the coaster pre-existing and didn't involve nearly as much demo/moving backstage areas around.

And Storybook Circus was supposed to be an easy build. TSL is an 11 acre land. I think 2.5 years is probably right on the money.

Harry Potter is the more successful franchise from here forward.
Star Wars is not only almost 40 years old and still going strong, it has 6 theatrical releases planned over the next 6 years. I understand that Potter has Fantastic Beasts coming, but there's no guarantee that that will be a Potter level success.

Star Wars is easily the biggest franchise in pop culture to this day and moving forward imo.

I love how everyone says Star Wars is the biggest franchise when Star Trek actually has been around longer and promoted more social change by being overly controversial for its time by creating impact from initiating many firsts....but I digress.

So there are whispers that F&F and Twister's replacement may be announced tomorrow. I'm not sure how much I believe them, but they're out there
Someone mentioned this yesterday. I'm not sure how much I agree with it given Uni's history of announcing things. I'd think that they at least want to let Kong open first... by announcing this now, all it's doing is giving people reasons to skip coming in 2016 and to come in 2017 imo.

Someone mentioned this yesterday. I'm not sure how much I agree with it given Uni's history of announcing things. I'd think that they at least want to let Kong open first... by announcing this now, all it's doing is giving people reasons to skip coming in 2016 and to come in 2017 imo.

I think, rightfully, if they are announcing tomorrow they realize that Kong's quality and the promise of a brand new Hulk experience will get people to come no matter what. Not to mention the fact that Potter is going to draw people no matter what.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I think, rightfully, if they are announcing tomorrow they realize that Kong's quality and the promise of a brand new Hulk experience will get people to come no matter what. Not to mention the fact that Potter is going to draw people no matter what.
Not to mention Sapphire. Uni is getting to that point now where they don't have to solely rely on Potter as much, don't need to wait to announce things anymore. People are going to come anyway, which is huge for the resort. Hopefully, if true, i'd love to see them continue to do going forward.

After Fallon/F&F, we're expecting Nintendo and then potentially Ministry of Magic?

Also, I think they have to give a reason for closing 2 attractions at the park at once. Uni probably saw the reaction DHS got when it closed a bunch of stuff and wants to get out of the way of that.
I didn't even think of that. Smart to avoid any stupid rumors and get the story straight from the get-go.

Not to mention Sapphire. Uni is getting to that point now where they don't have to solely rely on Potter as much, don't need to wait to announce things anymore. People are going to come anyway, which is huge for the resort. Hopefully, if true, i'd love to see them continue to do going forward.

After Fallon/F&F, we're expecting Nintendo and then potentially Ministry of Magic?

After 2017, I'm expecting Nintendo, Avengers, and MOM, in that order. I have to figure they want to open WWoHP III around Star Wars land as a buffer.

I didn't even think of that. Smart to avoid any stupid rumors and get the story straight from the get-go.

Yea. Of course all this speculation is for naught if nothing happens soon. :lol:

Reactions: Nick
After 2017, I'm expecting Nintendo, Avengers, and MOM, in that order. I have to figure they want to open WWoHP III around Star Wars land as a buffer.

Yea. Of course all this speculation is for naught if nothing happens soon. :lol:
Speaking of Marvel... do you guys think they'll be changing Spidey much? The ride is such a classic, I hope we only see queue changes if anything.

Reactions: martymcflyy85

Very right. Uni's opening so much in the future, and the park's & resort are so solid, that the chances of a pre Harry Potter Hogsmeade type slowdown are unlikely. Plus, as has been mentioned, Kong, Hulk, & Sapphire are a strong one two punch and an uppercut.