UOR Announcement/Info After D23? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

UOR Announcement/Info After D23?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Eh. These rides will probably be better than what's been lost, but no matter how lame, a LOT has been lost. While I'm not a huge fan of flat rides, I think there should have been 1-2 more in Toy Story land. Still, hopefully there's more coming

I would assume that things are still very fluid in planning for the whole Hollywood Studios overhaul, or else why wouldn't they have at least announced the new name? I would think there's more coming, even if it's relatively simple stuff like the Red Car.

Nothing has been announced for Catastrophe Canyon, LMA, and SoA areas. There is still at least 1 most likely 2 E Tickets yet to be announced.

Are we sure Star Wars isn't replacing SoA and LMA? I also wouldn't be surprised to see Catastrophe Canyon get demolished to make way for new service facilities, to offset whatever might have to make way for TSL.

I'm pretty sure the majority that is being taken away from due to TSL is old movie studio stuff. Its mainly going to be that building you passed through on the Studio Tour that is being taken away.

Are we sure Star Wars isn't replacing SoA and LMA? I also wouldn't be surprised to see Catastrophe Canyon get demolished to make way for new service facilities, to offset whatever might have to make way for TSL.

Yea, I'm beginning to think that's the case too.

I'm also thinking they're not changing the name anymore

Star Wars land is Diagon Alley though. It should be an experience of its own, not counting the two rides.

With that being said, it does worry me that we'll be losing upwards of 9 attractions and are only so far getting 4 back.
All 4 of them are rides, so that's actually a gain from that perspective.

And I doubt this will be the last DHS announcement. I expect at least one more land/mini-land with another few ride and new stage shows. It's also uncertain what's going on with the whole block from Sparrow to Voyage. I was under the impression the reason they were clearing the buildings was so they could gut all buildings and put in a stand alone ride, but I may be wrong.

About the name? Just a guess.
I think announcing the new name was so low on the bucket list yesterday that I wouldn't read into it. They aren't going to change the name until 2020 at the earliest anyway so why not wait until a future expo or when it is in their best interest to announce it.

If a name change is coming, it would make more sense to me, imo, to wait until some, or all, of the new stuff is open. Would you really want to spend all kinds of money rebranding the park now just to have guests associate the new name with what is there now? Better to wait till the park is transformed to do it to give guests a better "first" impression.

Nothing has been announced for Catastrophe Canyon, LMA, and SoA areas. There is still at least 1 most likely 2 E Tickets yet to be announced.

That is my suspicion as well.

I think announcing the new name was so low on the bucket list yesterday that I wouldn't read into it. They aren't going to change the name until 2020 at the earliest anyway so why not wait until a future expo or when it is in their best interest to announce it.

If a name change is coming, it would make more sense to me, imo, to wait until some, or all, of the new stuff is open. Would you really want to spend all kinds of money rebranding the park now just to have guests associate the new name with what is there now? Better to wait till the park is transformed to do it to give guests a better "first" impression.

I was also thinking that same thing. Considering how long this alleged overhaul is likely going to take (Jim Hill is saying at least the next 5 years), that gives them TWO more D23 conventions to announce stuff at in 2017 and 2019. I wouldn't expect to hear a lot of the stuff coming down the pike for at least another 2 years. My guess is they just announced Star Wars to calm the Disney fans' nerves, and Toy Story will be one of the first new DHS additions to open in the next 2-3 years. The new park name/rebranding can be announced near the end of this expansion in 2019.

Last edited:
We're at Tuesday and I don't think UOR is going to have any announcement post D23. Disney simply took up too much news media bandwidth with the Star Wars announcement. I don't think Universal could take any media coverage away with them, even if it was a MAJOR announcement.

We're at Tuesday and I don't think UOR is going to have any announcement post D23. Disney simply took up too much news media bandwidth with the Star Wars announcement. I don't think Universal could take any media coverage away with them, even if it was a MAJOR announcement.

If Universal released the art of the Nintendo plans, they'd for sure get a lot of attention.

They're not going to, but it would get a lot of attention.

Makes more sense for Universal to be quiet right now. Disney has fired their shots (my opinion too early) and now will have to keep the momentum up for all that time while keeping guests that have to deal with the construction happy. Avatar was a huge deal back when it was announced and never got back up to the amount of hype it had. Universal is good at playing their hands close and it has paid off for them multiple times.

My thoughts on HP vs Star Wars. Harry Potter is the more successful franchise from here forward. It has more successful movies, younger actors/actresses enabling additional movies, and nothing but love from the fan base. Star Wars had 3 good movies, and a ton of controversy behind it. Maybe these next movies will be good, hopefully they will. From a marketing point at this current moment though, there could be nothing that could beat Star Wars and take that amount of hype away.

Makes more sense for Universal to be quiet right now. Disney has fired their shots (my opinion too early) and now will have to keep the momentum up for all that time while keeping guests that have to deal with the construction happy. Avatar was a huge deal back when it was announced and never got back up to the amount of hype it had. Universal is good at playing their hands close and it has paid off for them multiple times.

My thoughts on HP vs Star Wars. Harry Potter is the more successful franchise from here forward. It has more successful movies, younger actors/actresses enabling additional movies, and nothing but love from the fan base. Star Wars had 3 good movies, and a ton of controversy behind it. Maybe these next movies will be good, hopefully they will. From a marketing point at this current moment though, there could be nothing that could beat Star Wars and take that amount of hype away.

Disney needed to fire shots :lol: If they announced nothing for Disney's Hollywood Studios.... there would have been a meltdown.

Disney needed to fire shots :lol: If they announced nothing for Disney's Hollywood Studios.... there would have been a meltdown.

I agree yeah they definitely needed some shots just not all the long shots. I'm hoping at least something will have a pseudo quick turn around so that it doesn't become a long running joke.

I agree yeah they definitely needed some shots just not all the long shots. I'm hoping at least something will have a pseudo quick turn around so that it doesn't become a long running joke.
Some knowledgable sources are saying 2.5 years for TSL. While I find that hard to believe, I have to remind myself that this is Disney we're talking about.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn