Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

UP! A Great Bird Adventure

SeventyOne

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Orlando
Not a lot of detail, but actor friend heard the show is closing permanently at the end of the year. A shame, really fit the DAK theme (with actual living animals!) and employed a lot of talented comedic actors.

Just a guess: Sounds like Live entertainment cost cutting. Pay for Pandora not delivering as much as expected. More cuts to come at AK.

Depends on what comes. New show or attraction or does it stand empty for years and years?
Disney leaves a lot of things abandoned, but the Entertainment team is savvy and loves to put empty space to use (hence why the Stitch M&G inside of SGE is a thing).

Now, whether we get a replacement show or a meet and greet will be very telling, but I don't expect the theatre to sit unused for too long.

I do wonder if this is part of a plan for a walking path back to Planet Watch and the expansion pad behind Asia. Maybe an alternate path from the train short-term, area to access new expansion longer-term?

Disney leaves a lot of things abandoned, but the Entertainment team is savvy and loves to put empty space to use (hence why the Stitch M&G inside of SGE is a thing).

Now, whether we get a replacement show or a meet and greet will be very telling, but I don't expect the theatre to sit unused for too long.

Less "savvy" - more "drawn to AC like cockroaches to garbage."